Wild African Trek!

What is the cost of the tour?:earsboy:

It is $189 but through the end of October they have a special $50 off for tours that start at 11:45AM and later. Hopefully there will be more discounts in the future.

With Tax is was $602/for 3 of us...ouch! That was for December...no discounts.

DizzDoll said:
Thanks, SamSam and dvcterry for answering my question. The trek sounds incredibly awesome so I'll definitely bring my bigger camera, which is on a neck strap. :thumbsup2

To my understanding the camera must attach to your vest in order to be allowed.

TinkerTracy said:
To my understanding the camera must attach to your vest in order to be allowed.

That is true. It must be attached or put in a locker

We did this tour in Aug. and it was so amazing - didn't want it to end. As far as the camera question - DH and DD both had Canon DSLR cameras (each put on a different lens) and had no problems. As long as you have the neck strap you will be fine. I had the small digital camera and just attached it to one of the clips on the vest. The food on this trek was absolutely wonderful and we requested two meals with no seafood at the time we booked our tour. We did the 9:30 tour. As far as a Disney Visa discount, there is none. The only discount being offered when we took the tour was if you went after 11:45 they were giving a $50/person discount. Way too hot to be out there in the middle of the afternoon in Aug. for us. Someone asked how far out you can book - I made our Aug. reservation in Feb. and was told you could do it at the 180 day mark. This tour is so worth it - the suspension bridges are a lot of fun and just being able to have the truck stop along the way to see the animals and get great pictures is fantastic. We actually had the giraffes within two feet of us. The guides make this great since they can tell you all about the animals and they will tell you the name of each one.

The tour sounds awesome. However I have a question. In PP, there were comments about leaning over a cliff, and being clipped to a line. My DH is deathly afraid of heights; would he have an issue with this tour?
Thanks!!

You can lean over the crocodile area if you want to, but you can also stay back from the edge (it's not even very high). The farthest off the ground you will be is on the rope bridge, but I didn't have any issues and HATE heights, too! I loved it so much we're doing it again in December:goodvibes I highly recommend it!

You can lean over the crocodile area if you want to, but you can also stay back from the edge (it's not even very high). The farthest off the ground you will be is on the rope bridge, but I didn't have any issues and HATE heights, too! I loved it so much we're doing it again in December:goodvibes I highly recommend it!

Thanks - good to hear from someone who also doesn't like heights! We are planning to do a few of the tours next time we go and this one sounds like a winner!

Do they have a minimum age or height? I'm wondering if my 5 yo is too young?

Do they have a minimum age or height? I'm wondering if my 5 yo is too young?

min age is 8

do you get to keep the water canteens? what a cool souvernir!!

considering this as a 40th bday present to myself :-)rotfl:)

my hubby would love this as he love photography not sure if my 13 and 15yr old boys would tho... what are your thoughts on taking teenage boys on this trip?

ty tracy

min age is 8

do you get to keep the water canteens? what a cool souvernir!!

considering this as a 40th bday present to myself :-)rotfl:)

my hubby would love this as he love photography not sure if my 13 and 15yr old boys would tho... what are your thoughts on taking teenage boys on this trip?

ty tracy

Yes you do :goodvibes

Picture question for our Trekker friends: does anyone have a picture leaning over the cliffs to see the alligators and hippos they'd like to share?

You can get about this close to the crocodiles and hippos
WildAfricaTrek065.jpg

Disney2011212.jpg

Disney2011192.jpg

and you have about this much leeway on the tether
WildAfricaTrek061.jpg

Disney2011217.jpg

Amazing photographs. Thank you for posting. I wouldn't want to get any closer to those critters!!!! Looking forward to the tour in the worst way...only 10 more months!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter