Wife just found out she is PREGNANT! Should I adjust any of my ADR'S?

troyseyfert

Mouseketeer<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s
Hello everyone...

My wife just found out she is pregnant :cheer2: and we were planning on going to Disney from Aug 30-Sept 4th...just a short trip :)

We had already made possible arrangements to go even before she was pregnant. By the time we go, she will be about 5 1/2 months along.

So, I thought I made some great ADR's, but now I'm wondering if I should change any of them. Here they are:

Ohana
Garden Grill
Boma
Cape May Cafe
Coral Reef

I'm not as concerned about the first 3 so much because there are options my wife could eat that might not affect the pregnancy. Coral Reef I feel has plenty of other options too. But, I am concerned about Cape May Cafe...should we switch this one out since there are several shellfish on the buffet (which is the reason why we go)? If we should switch, anyone have any 1-table service suggestion for the two of us?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Biergarten and Raglan Road would be my suggestions. I don't care for Cape May to begin with but in looking at their menu, it looks like they woul have enough none shellfish options for her.
Congrats!

I would check with her dr. I never heard not to eat shellfish while pregnant, but its been 20 years. I did look up and it seems that as long as it is fully cooked she should be ok. Now for me I had to watch beef products but that was just the smell would make me sick. Congradulations on baby

First of all congratulations!!! I went to WDW at 5 months pregnant and all of your adrs look great! I don't know why you would change any?

Congrats, but she is "eating for 2" now, all the choices will give her plenty of choices to eat and make that sweet baby grow :banana: I understand about the seafood issue though , I would ask her MD about his/her concerns. I don't eat seafood so I was content at Coral Reef with a beef option and I have only had breakfast at Cape May so I can't answer on that one. Garden Grill has beef, poultry (it was turkey last time I went) plus fish on the platter of food and you could ask for no fish if the doctor tells her to avoid it.

She can eat seafood while pregnant. Fish/seafood has some nutrients which are great for pregnant women.

That being said, seafood also contains mercury. She just has to be careful about some kinds of seafood and the amount. Crab legs are lower on the mercury end.

HOWEVER, you are paying A LOT of money for Cape May for her to eat crab legs "in moderation." We went to Cape May, it was okay, but the only thing I found "special" there was the sea food selection. If she has to limit herself on that selection, I don't see the point of going.

Congratulations! Don't change anything yet. The only reason I can think of for changing is the seafood smell. When I was pregnant I could not even drive by Red Lobster without being nauseated from the smell! That of course doesn't mean she will have that issue! :goodvibes

She doesn't have to eat the shellfish...has she been warned that she shouldn't even be around shellfish? Or would she just be annoyed that she can't indulge in the shellfish while you do?

There's plenty of non-seafood items on the Cape May buffet.

Congrats! I think your ADRs are just fine. The only reason I can see that could possibly cause you to cancel any would be if she develops any food or smell intolerance. For instance the reason I knew I was pregnant was one day I start cooking dinner and got sick over the smell of olive oil which I loved and cooked with all the time. My entire pregnancy (and now nearly 5 years later) I still cannot stand the smell or taste and its something I use to absolutely love. Halfway through pregnancy I made some pasta sauce and put one tablespoon of olive oil in a huge pot of sauce and it was so strong tasting to me I couldn't eat it, my sense of taste was crazy sensitive and just the tiniest amount of olive oil made me sick. Barring something like that though I see no reason make changes. :-)

Congrats!! I am with the others, the ADR's look fine, just if she develops smell issues you may have to change some.. I love mexican food and always have but when I was expecting DS #1 I could not be anywhere near mexican food without getting nauseated

First of all congratulations!!! I went to WDW at 5 months pregnant and all of your adrs look great! I don't know why you would change any?

Same here. Since she just found out you were expecting, you have no idea what her food reactions will be. For me, I couldn't stand the smell or look of an egg. But that was me and I wouldn't cancel anything based on a woman you don't even know.

It's quite possible your wife could have some problems and those could last the entire pregnancy. But you don't know that yet. Just stay calm and deal with things once you get there. Trust me, pregnancy is a long journey and a fun one if you make it that way. Keep everything you have and if you have to cancel, you cancel. Don't be worrying to about that now.

Just go get the paint for the nursery.

You might want to check out these guidelines.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy-nutrition/PR00109

Unless she has sort of food aversion, she should be able to eat most foods, including shellfish and seafood. If she regularly eats raw fish, she can even continue to eat that in moderation as long as you are familiar with and trust the source of the raw fish. I ate Yoshi's sushi, while pregnant, at the Cali Grill.

Things she may want to avoid that contain listeria are deli meats unless they've been heated first, unwashed produce, premade salads like potato salads or anything that has been sitting around unheated, and a new one that's been cautioned against - soft serve ice cream.

She can also eat soft cheese as long as they're pasteurized (and MOST cheeses are unless they are imported).

I also avoided foods with nitrites/nitrates like bacon and hot dogs unless they were specifically nitrite free.

The fun part of eating while pregnant though, is that the amniotic fluid can taste like what you eat, so exposing the baby to all sorts of flavors can help to make them less picky since they get used to the flavors in utero the same way they become accustomed to your voice :)

We had to cancel a Cape May Cafe ADR when we went when I was pregnant. I usually love seafood, but I've had an aversion to it with both pregnancies. I also have a very sensitive sense of smell in general that is only heightened during pregnancy (as in, during my last pregnancy, i could smell our water). CMC definitely smells STRONGLY of fish. We went to Beaches and Cream one night on our trip and I walked past CMC to get to the restroom and had to run. There was no way I could have eaten there. You could probably give it some time to see how your wife reacts to the pregnancy, though. Everyone has different aversions.

Just wanted to say CONGRATS! So exciting! I am 21 weeks along and we went when I was 12-13 weeks. I wouldn't change your adrs. Just see how she feels over the next few months. I hope she feels great! I have had it rough with all day sickness. When we went we just took it easy. I drank TONS of water and we went back to the room for afternoon naps. My appetite was off so we accommodated and made changes to our adr's using the website when needed. Shellfish is fine while pregnant. Everything in moderation.

Congrats on the pregnancy! I have been to WDW in my 5th month and also at almost 8 months, I wouldn't change any of your ADRs yet, like many others have said you don't know yet what she will and won't tolerate as her pregnancy continues. For me it was chicken, I could only stand it if it was really thin, almost paper thin:). Every mom-to-be has different food issues.

Congrats!! I am with the others, the ADR's look fine, just if she develops smell issues you may have to change some.. I love mexican food and always have but when I was expecting DS #1 I could not be anywhere near mexican food without getting nauseated

I agree. We went when I was just 3 months pg (still morning sickness) and we went to Kona cafe for Tonga Toast. I ended up with a plain bowl of Special K. They really are very acomodating with requests :)

Congratulations! Hopefully your wife will feel OK, but if you just found out, give it a few weeks to see if she is going to have morning sickness. I love fish and with both of my kids, I couldn't even smell it, let alone eat it the entire 9 months. And that was even after the morning sickness passed. I had a few other food aversions too, but mainly fish. Going to Coral Reef while pregnant or Cape May for that matter, would NOT have been good. Anyway, my point is just to see how she is doing down the line in terms of what she wants to eat.

Edited to add: Lol, I just noticed someone else posted exactly the same thing. Sorry, I didn't read everything before I posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter