Wife’s first time

Forky485

Earning My Ears
I am surprising my wife with a trip to Disney world. This is her first time so I want to announce it perfectly. I was thinking a scavenger hunt or a riddles. I have the idea but need help with clues. Any ideas or help??

As kids, my parents had my sister and I go on a treasure hunt around the house and garden. Each time we found our next clue we got a piece of card with a letter on it. By the end we had 15 letters which we had to arrange - it took a while, but we finally worked out that it spelled Walt Disney World. Admittedly, I was a 12 years old but I thought that was pretty cool.

If you are having a hard time coming up with clues, here is another idea.

I surprised my wife for her birthday with a trip during the F&W. I arranged everything and got the okay from her business partner and co-workers. I packed all the clothes, make-up, etc that I thought she would need plus a change of clothes for the airport. She got dressed as usual for work in her scrubs and I took her to breakfast that morning (which was near the airport). We have a small local airport which I typically cut through and around to avoid rush hour traffic.

I told my wife that a friend of ours wanted me to switch by the airport and pick up some brochures as his family was coming to town to visit. I then pulled into the parking garage and my wife turned and asked, "Am I not going to work today?" I said "No" but we are going somewhere. I didn't tell her where we were going but I knew that flight connected in Charlotte so I was safe with hiding this info until we got to Charlotte.

Prior to the trip, I had made a brochure / booklet about the F&W including information about where we were staying, photos of all the food marketplaces, prices and photos of all the food, and information of Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (which I got tickets for). I started with the booklet you get in the mail from Disney when you have an upcoming trip and just expanded on it. I have a friend that works at a publishing store so I had him put the final pages together to look all official-like.

When we got to Charlotte and around the corner from our connecting gate, I pulled her aside and gave her the booklet. I told her "Happy Birthday, you are going to Disney World".

She was completely surprised and totally loved it. The only thing I forgot to pack was a belt...and oh, something for the MNSSHP, which we ended up buying Tigger ears and tail for her to wear.

Like I said, just an additional idea if your first idea doesn't work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter