Wickedly Creative people NEEDED to help for surprise for the Wife! CLUE 3 POSTED!!

You will be teaching classes at some point to other men about how to do this, right????

Seriously, you have me almost in tears here. You are one heck of a guy!:thumbsup2

Loving the next clue Peezee!!

You've had me sat thinking about more hiding places most of yesterday :rotfl: Shame about the snow in the garden, maybe you could move the 'treasure hunt' into the house where it's a little warmer :confused3

By the way, when is your trip planned for? And how's DW doing with clue number two? :)

Clue number two is here and done

Take a gander at the nearest lily and frond
But it may take a while to cross a pond

Line 8 - sort of meant to mislead, but there is enough water at Disney to qualify

Hey, the crossing the pond could definitely refer to the Friendship boats that take you across the World Showcase Lagoon. Sometimes you do have to wait in line, and the trip across takes a bit of time...

Also, the lily and frond can also be found in China's water garden!

This sure is fun!

subscribing.

Can give her 14 gift clues instead of lines one week? Or eliminate a line and substitute a gift clue weekly.

A collection of things you can purchase in the world.

DownTown Disney Gifts:
A bath ball from Basin.

A carmel square of Chocolate from Ghiradelli (think San Francisco)

Radko ornament

A crystal (Arribas Brothers )

A bathing suit.

Harley Davidson hankerchief (this should throw her off)

A cigar

Folk Art (House of Blues, but also POFQ?)

Magic trick (Las Vegas Baby, for sure!)

A new random cd (Virgin Megastore) (Make it the Beatles for the UK.) (OR Madonna, Like a Virgin)

Boardwalk Gifts: (I couldn't think of much here. It's all Disney Merchandise.)

ESPN merchandise (this should throw her off too.)

World Showcase Gifts: possibilites here are endless

Troll (Norway)

Wine

Funnel Cake & a Coke(America)

Guinness Stout & a tea cup(UK)

Maple Syrup

French Perfume

OK, I have to get back to my regularly scheduled life, but thanks for the FUN diversion.

OH...just had an AWESOME idea. Get your wife an ipod. Download an unplugged podcast for her where Pete and the Unplugged team reveal a clue or even the final destination. Lure her in by other means then she will be shocked when they start talking to her personally. Or you can always just have her "Listen Now" right thru the computer.

(disclaimer: I in no way have any idea if the Unplugged Team will do this. But, it NEVER hurts to ask.)

Subscribing.
This is an amazing idea. My DH is taking me to Disney for our 1st Anniv, and you give me hope for the future:lovestruc

Thanks everyone for the kind words and ideas - I will be working on this weeks clue on Wednesday - so stay tuned!!

As always, ideas still welcomed.

BTW, the wife was trying to prod me last night, and did mention England - It took every ounce of energy to keep a straight face!!

I so have her right where I want her at the moment --- heehee.

Paul

I love your idea of sticking w/ a European theme for the time being. I'm not poet and have no imagination, but some things to mention:

England:

There's a shop that sells Tea and china tea cups. There is also the Grand Tea at the Grand Floridian.

You can look up your ancestry at the Crown & Crest, and don't forget the Kilts

There are often street actors

There is a beautiful garden. Epcot also has beautiful rose gardens.

The bridge that goes between "England" and "France" represents crossing the English Channel (the water represents the English Channel)

Then, onward to "France":

an Eifel Tower replica

a French perfumery

a wine shop

a shop w/ dinnerware from the Provence region of France

I'm sure there's more, but I cannot think of anything else right now.

This is such a wonderful idea. :goodvibes Now, I don't want to be a fly in the ointment...but will DW be disappointed if she thinks she's going somewhere in Europe and ends up in Florida? Keep the details coming!

Here we go again, once again I've "borrowed" a verse, (thanks P&L) - I'm also taking a large risk with line 4, but my gut feeling is I've disguised it well enough. Only time will tell.

Calypso, to be honest, I think my wife will be relieved to find out we aren't flying for 9 hours for a 5 day vacation. BTW, someone asked, we are going 4/30 (our anniversary) through 5/4.

CLUE # 3

Are you game for Crumpets and tea -
Or would you just like to see clue number three?

Got this bit from an intrepid news reporter
Some people say you will need a passport-er

Perhaps at a pub we will just say pour ‘em
As we are amazed by the world’s largest forum

Maybe our eye will catch a beautiful flower
Or perhaps just an ornate tall tower

I’ll offer us up a long nighttime stroll
Secretly wishing that we avoid all signs of a troll

And of course, we will not miss
experiencing a goodnight kiss.

As I offer this one last piece of prose
I must inform, my time this week is at it’s close

Line 1 - just to reinforce the England mis-direction
Line 4 - referring to the passporter, but I'm hoping she thinks it just about our passports - fingers crossed.
Line 5 - pub, England reference
Line 6 - reference to the DIS, not sure it is an accurate statement, but hey, I'm allowed some leeway
Line 7 - Flower, once again the F&GF reference
Line 8 - referring to the Eiffel tower
Line 10 - the Norway troll
Line 12 - The Castle kiss goodnight (Thanks again P & L)

phew - this is a lot of work!

My opinion about line 4 -- she's going to think she need a passport for going abroad :lmao:

Well done.

Definately amazing!

when in France - there is a booth outside that sells amazing Grey Goose Slushies, in Italy - you MUST have the Rosa Regale CHampagne!!

and for the romance - dh and I celebrated our 26th anniversary, sans kids - and I went and thought about all the dark rides - think about all the "make out" sessions - we had so much fun!! at Epcot it was in Norway -the Maelstrom ride - but of course we started in MK - - Peter Pans flight - Snow White wasnt so much since we shared a car with others!! At Pirates I asked if we could sit in the back row... Tomorrowland Transportation - I time it so we dont share - and that's so much fun to use as a make out ride!!

just thought I'd signal a 2 thumbs up, as i dont have a poetic bone in my body, but I'm all about romance!!

Thanks DBarker - I thought this thread was going to die a lonely death --

So far so good with the wife - lots of head scratching, and some googling going on...

I don't think any of us are letting this thread die! lol I think we are all too curious to see just how your wife reacts to all this!

Line 12 - The Castle kiss goodnight (Thanks again P & L)

You're welcome! I feel special that I got to be involved! I'll be at WDW from March 1-12, and every time I see something one of your clues reference to, I'm going to be grinning, wondering if your wife has figured it out yet!

First of all, I think it's really great that you're taking the time to do this. I'm sure your wife will be thrilled when she experiences the magic at DisneyWorld!

As I was out trying to get the ice off my driveway....only 51 days to go before escape this nasty Michigan weather and get back to the magic and wonderful weather at Disney....I thought of the following clues.

In keeping with the "Europe" theme, I thought of another castle, Crazy Ludwig's castle, Neuschwanstein in the German alps and came up with a rhyme like this:

Although we're not crazy like Ludwig, you see,
we'll be surrounded by castles, mansions and finery.

(Castles - Cinderella's castle and all the toy castles in the gift shops, mansions like the Haunted Mansion and finery - the Crystal Palace). But of course, the castles, mansions and finery could all point to Europe also.

I also thought of all the animals in Animal Kingdom and of course all the lovable Disney character animals.

Animals, animals wherever we go,
It actually looks like they're smiling at us, you know.

Not sure I like that rhyme but with the animals, but it could point to a zoo or an African safari vs. Animal Kingdom or all the Disney characters in the parks and rides.

In keeping with the animal theme, I was thinking about something with small (lovable) rodents...like Mickey, Minnie and Ratatouille. I can't come up with a rhyme right now but the rodent idea may definitely throw her off course.

Good Luck with your future clues and please continue to post them. It's great fun following your story. And have a wonderful, magical trip!

How are we doing? It is a new week. I apologize, but I am no poet. As a matter of fact, I am very lacking in the creative dept.

I just had another idea...sticking w/ the "UK" theme.

London and MK both have a big "clock". London had Big Ben and MK had Its a Small World. That ought to throw her off a bit.

I will post as I come up w/ more obscure ideas. Let me know when we are changing "subjects".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!