Wi-Fi in Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel

WDW Princess 71

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for info on free or almost free wi-fi spots in Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. If you had experience using Skype, facetime, or other hi-bandwith apps successfully, I would like to know that also since that is what I'm seeking to do, Skype home for a few minutes to say hi if possible. My last cruise to the Bahamas, I tried the free wi-fi in the terminal at the port but it was not strong enough to have a conversation on Skype at all, so I'm hoping to hear about some 'tried and true' spots for my upcoming Western caribbean cruise if possible.

We had pretty slow speeds even with full signal at the Turtle Farm in Grand Caymand and at the port area in Costa Maya.
Pretty good signal at Paradise Beach and La Choza restaurant in Cozumel.

We took a cab to Tropicante in Costa Maya (lives it!!) and they had free Wifi. Worked great

Cozumel - Starbucks and Margaritaville
GC - Margaritaville

Just ask the crew where they go.

Cozumel--Starbucks right at the pier. Buy something and the access code will be on the receipt. Free, unlimited use. Good service.

Grand Cayman--sorry, it has been several years since I tried it here.

Costa Maya--never been there.

At Cozumel, if you take an excursion to Playa del Carmen, the ferry ride has free wifi on board. Worked pretty well fo me.

Grand Cayman
The public library downtown on Edward St has free wifi. You have to go inside to the desk to get the password. You can then sit outside to Skype and talk.

Burger King on North Church St also has a rocking good hi speed internet but no power outlets for laptops. Burger King and Wendy's on West Bay Rd likewise have wifi.

A few shops in George Town do have computers with Skype. You get a few minutes free with a purchase.

Grand Cayman: there was a little coffee shop on the corner acroo the street from the port. You will need a password which was either cupcakes or sprinkles. Just ask someone there. It was free but we bought sodas anyway.

Costa Maya: out in the courtyard . The crew told us the connection was faster there than in the restaurant . Senor Frogs I believe was the restaurant. The connection was slow.

Just cheched my email to connect with our son who was at home preparing for his trip to Switzerland. So I can't comment on Skype, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter