WI Dells hotels/discounts

PaulDavid's mom

Believes in Happy Ever Afters
Anyone in the WI area have any recomendations for hotels in the dells that aren't too pricey? We only plan on staying one night. I've been doing some research online and am a bit bummed. Unfortunately every hotel/motel I look at is very pricey and just ISN'T DISNEY :rotfl:
So, If anyone has any suggestions or codes or anything they would be willing to share I would greatly appreciate it.
TIA!

The Polynesian Isle which is a part of the Polynesian Hotel is the best deal we get that compares somewhat to Disney. We are paying $144 which includes tax in July. June rates are usually cheaper and the end of August. We love the Wilderness which you can get deals in the winter for $100 a night and it is an awesome hotel, but in the summer it is very expensive.

We are going weekend after next and I just upgraded our ressies from the Camelot Resort ($99/night) to The Polynesian (which is as close to Disney as you can get up there, I'll bet!) for $164 the first night and $89 the second night.... Includes admissiont to their ginourmous waterpark. (But let me confess that I cannot speak to it's quality or value as this is my first trip to the Dells!)

Somewhere in my research I signed up to get emails from the Dells tourism people and I've recieved several emails so far advertising summer specials. :)

We used to live in MN, and we've stayed at the Polynesian a few times - really liked it. We've also enjoyed the Great Wolf Lodge (pricey) and the Raintree. None of these are Disney, but they are fun! We're 150 mi. from WDW, and we've talked about how we wish there were waterpark hotels like in the Dells.

We head to the Dells every summer for several years. It depends what you are looking for I guess. We are leaving tomorrow and spending tomorrow night at a "Cheap" hotel that is definately not the Ritz, but is reasonable at $75.00 per night and includes 2 free tickets to Noahs Ark waterpark. Then we will move to the Wilderness Resort for 3 nights which has a "huge" waterpark for guests only. We watch the hotel website for specials and were able to get our room for $130 the first night and $150 per night for the next 2 nights.

My suggestion would be to decide which type of hotel you are looking for and watch for specials.

Also, with all the new attractions being built, lots of hotels are partnering up with the waterparks for some great specials.

I also agree with the poster who recommended the Polynesian Isle. It is right in the parking lot of the Polynesian and it is usually quite a bit cheaper and you have access to the waterpark at the Polynesian which is pretty nice as well.

With what you spend on going to the Dells and staying at an upscale hotel with waterpark, you probably could do Disney for less. Since the busy season is only apout 2 months in the Dells, they will squeeze every penny they can out of you. That is not to say Disney is any different.

The 3 big waterpark hotels - Great Wolf, Wilderness and Kalahari are pricey but online prices are usually lower than their rack rate. Just like Disney you only get what you pay for and since you are only staying one night it shouldn't be too bad. That one night gets you 2 full days in their waterparks - the day you arrive and leave are always included. Great Wolf and Wilderness do not sell admission to their waterparks but Kalahari does. My grandchildren are young so we prefer the Great Wolf as the Wilderness is huge and spread out. However, the Wilderness and Kalahari are better for 12+ ages. If you just want the waterpark experience, the Chula Vista is a resort that is a 10 minute ride outside of the Dells. They just opened a new waterpark and are usually cheaper than the big 3 but they do have some old rooms so you have to ascertain if the rooms are in the main lodge when booking.

:car: We are going to the Dells in July and staying at the Glacier Canyon Lodge (the new hotel at the Wilderness). It was quite expensive, but FIL is helping us pay for it. We have never been there in the summer, and this is only our 2nd trip (went the first time in January, good deals then!). What I have found is that prices go up quite a bit in July, much better in June, and then drop again in late August. I signed up for a couple things that send emails with last minute specials, and also listened to our Radio Shopping Show where they have all sorts of deals for hotels, restaurants, attractions around IL and WI, but only found a few attraction/dining certificates I wanted. I looked around the web quite a bit and we decided to go back to the Wilderness because the kids loved it there. My DD7 says she likes the Dells more than Disney (gasp! :rolleyes2 ). I think its just because we haven't been to Disney since Jan 2005. We are planning on going again in the fall. Dells is fun for a couple day getaway tho.

:rainbow:

PaulDavid's mom said:
Anyone in the WI area have any recomendations for hotels in the dells that aren't too pricey? We only plan on staying one night. I've been doing some research online and am a bit bummed. Unfortunately every hotel/motel I look at is very pricey and just ISN'T DISNEY :rotfl:
So, If anyone has any suggestions or codes or anything they would be willing to share I would greatly appreciate it.
TIA!
When are you planning on going?

We have ressies for the Wilderness end of July...(we are traveling further north the next day for a surprise 80th b.day) yes, July is more...Booked a room with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa...with a half wall in between for 4 adults and 2 kids...total is $310. includes tax....We may go to waterpark when we arrive but check in isnt till 4 pm for the rm....and we can use the waterpark the next day after we check out ....Our neighbors say this place is 'great' they are going in Jul also.....Two yrs ago we went to the Great Wolf Lodge...it was fun....we walked across the road and ate at Subway and had our own cereal and milk..in ..our rm which has a fridge and microwave...

We stay in the dells during the less expensive times. The last week of June and the week before Christmas for a few days each time. I'm glad you are not going with Camelot the rating on it is really bad but it looks neat from the outside. I have stayed at Kalahari, carousel, chula vista, Holiday Inn and Treasure Island. Treasure Island is by far our favorite. Kalahari is nice because it is newer. Carousel is awful and that is all I have to say about it. Chula vista had nice rooms but the water park just seemed really dirty when we went but I know they changed a lot. Treasure Island rooms are a bit outdated but the water park is really fun and you don't have to go outside to get to the indoor park. They also expanded last year to add the huge go cart and roller coaster park next door which probably makes it the closest to Disney but nothing can really compare. They have an outdoor water park and huge outdoor slides as well as an indoor roller coaster and kiddie rides. All the parks on mentioned are free if you stay. If you go on their website www.wisdellstreasureisland.com there is a stay two night get one free or stay one night get second for 50% off deal. With the entertainmnet card in the off season you can get a room at half price. When we stay it would actually cost us more to pay for the parks than we pay for the room. Also go to www.ratethedells.com for ratings for the hotels, restaurants, attractions etc. by people who have been there/done that.

HTH,
Angela

If you don't care about a waterpark, we loved the Americinn. It has a log cabin feel to it, is pretty new and very clean. You can get it for about $100 a nite ( less with AAA). It has a free breakfast including make your own waffles. It has a pool, whirlpool and a small kiddie area with a little slide, sprayers and dumping buckets. We stayed here last September and would not hesitate to stay again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter