Why were the Onward characters chosen as masked characters and not face characters at Disneyland?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
When Disneyland announced that the Onward characters were gonna make their debut I was shocked to see that they were masked characters and not face characters and I would like to know why this was done at Disneyland? Was it done to save money or is because masked characters are easy to make? Because when I have seen the meet and greet video for the Onward characters on Youtube many times I read a lot on the comments that people complained that Ian And Barley should've been face characters rather than masked characters and face characters of Ian And Barley would've been fun to see. I also notice that Disneyland seems to focus more on face characters and not so much on masked characters. Is this part of a new image for Disneyland?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter