Why was Newsies so popular for Disney?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Two years ago my dad and I saw Newsies on PBS and I can't figure out why Newsies became such a smash hit for Disney? From what Dad and I saw of Newsies it looked amazing and it had great songs to match. Was Disney having high hopes for Newsies and were they hoping that a live-action musical would do miracles at the box-office? The song I remember the most from that movie was Carrying The Banner and I also know that it was about newsboys in the 1930/40s who were known as newsies. It's surprising that Newsies has become one of the popular Disney musicals and it even had a Broadway show too

There was some well written music in Newsies but I couldn't relate to it. The story line just didn't mean anything to me. Just my personal opinion. It certainly has lived on.

It was actually a razzie award winning flop that gained a cult following with people practically begging Disney to adapt it for the stage

There was some well written music in Newsies but I couldn't relate to it. The story line just didn't mean anything to me. Just my personal opinion. It certainly has lived on.
I agree. Watched the movie and the musical. Coudln't really get into the story that well. Liked the musical more since it showcased better singers so the music was better. There were some great songs but overall found it pretty meh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter