Why the Loathing of Daisy? :Best and Worst Today’s episode

Do you also hate Daisy?

• Yes, obviously she is the worst and Donald should cut ties immediately!

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • No. Daisy is amazing! I love her Sass, she’s a strong independent woman(duck)!!

Votes: 72 58.1%
  • I literally couldn’t care any less about this Duck.

Votes: 48 38.7%

• Total voters
Duffy, on the other hand.....I hate that little jerk with the intensity of a thousand suns. I wish he'd get caught in a bear trap and have to gnaw his leg off to escape before tripping and falling into World Showcase Lagoon, never to resurface.

Haha -laughed very hard when I read this! Okay, I admit, I am of a slightly older generation, but I have no idea how Duffy ever came to be a Disney character? Who the heck is he? Even though I don’t know his reverence in WDW, I don’t like him. :duck:

I’m pretty sure Duffy came from Tokyo Disneyland.

Or maybe that’s where he became really popular and that’s why he’s still around. If you want a Duffy meet-and-greet, go to Tokyo.

He’s like the Disney version of the Billiken.

I have no idea how Duffy ever came to be a Disney character
Duffy is not a typical Disney character in that he didn't come from a movie or TV show or even a park attraction (like Figment or Big Al). He actually started in a children's book about Mickey and his favorite stuffed animal. He didn't actually have a name at that point and they started just selling the teddy bear in the park as the Disney Bear or something like that. Somewhere along the line it got given a name and introduced in Japan and people there went wild for it. Then it got reintroduced in the US parks as Duffy and the marketing machine took over.

Duffy is not a typical Disney character in that he didn't come from a movie or TV show or even a park attraction (like Figment or Big Al). He actually started in a children's book about Mickey and his favorite stuffed animal. He didn't actually have a name at that point and they started just selling the teddy bear in the park as the Disney Bear or something like that. Somewhere along the line it got given a name and introduced in Japan and people there went wild for it. Then it got reintroduced in the US parks as Duffy and the marketing machine took over.

Duffy is also not a typical Disney character in that he is an idiot and everybody hates him.

My sister HATES Daisy because she loves Donald. Donald is my sister's favorite character and she claims he is HER boyfriend LOL, so Daisy is the man-stealing competition.

I like Daisy...probably because it drives my sister nuts. Daisy has sass and is stylin' all the time. She's not a goody-goody like Minnie.

Ok...
YES! Duffy is the worst...right behind Stitch.

OK... i have no idea who Duffy is?? Someone help me

OK... i have no idea who Duffy is?? Someone help me

db199198LARGE.jpg

Daisy is fine.

Duffy, on the other hand.....I hate that little jerk with the intensity of a thousand suns. I wish he'd get caught in a bear trap and have to gnaw his leg off to escape before tripping and falling into World Showcase Lagoon, never to resurface.
When my nephew was about 2-3, he LOOOOVED the classic Mickey cartoons they used to play in the resort rooms.
Well of course, they stop the cartoons at like 7pm to play The Duffy bedtime story. The kid was outraged “WHERE IS MICKEY?? WHAT IS DIS?????” We told him it was Duffy “well I HATE STUFFY!”
He is 10 now, we all still call Duffy “Stuffy” and there is still a lot of animosity towards the poor bear. We also will find it on the resort TV “hey! It’s your favorite show!”

When my nephew was about 2-3, he LOOOOVED the classic Mickey cartoons they used to play in the resort rooms.
Well of course, they stop the cartoons at like 7pm to play The Duffy bedtime story. The kid was outraged “WHERE IS MICKEY?? WHAT IS DIS?????” We told him it was Duffy “well I HATE STUFFY!”
He is 10 now, we all still call Duffy “Stuffy” and there is still a lot of animosity towards the poor bear. We also will find it on the resort TV “hey! It’s your favorite show!”
LOVED this story, gave me a much-needed chuckle. Thanx for sharing, @evilqueenmindy . Stuffy!!! :lmao:

How did Duffy get that sailer costume? Honestly I thing the Snuggle bear for the fabric softener looks cuter than Duffy. I used to ask my mom for the snuggle bear that I saw on the commercials but until this year I never knew there was a Snuggle Bear stuffed animal.

Never given her any thought of any sort. Can't imagine what there is to hate about any character. They are after all, just characters.
I don't listen to the podcasts so do tell, what comes up, they just start complaining? Why mention how much you dislike a character and not say why? Guess I don't get that either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!