why isn't southwest opening up Dec. yet?

AnnMorin

<font color=babyblue>I HATE SNOW!!!<br><font color
I thought they book six months out?! I just checked their site again this morning and they still are only booking through Oct. 24.

I've been watching for the same thing. I decided to call them and ask when they would start booking December. The agent told me that there is no set time, it's just whenever Southwest decides to release those seats. I guess that means I'll just keep checking every day.

SW plans its scheduling very wisely. They will wait to see about new competitive service from other airlines, aircraft deployments, maintenance, etc..., gate assignments and a host of other factors before releasing seats for sale.

While it's frustrating to wait, it sure beats having flights cancelled like Song has been doing.

I looked into song for our upcomming trip, the fare was NOT low and I have heard so many negative things about them I will just wait for southwest. I love Southwest, I can live without the "cattle call" but I find their attendants so nice (and FUNNY) it is well worth that one inconvience. plus their fares have always been the best for us.

The last time I called SW to find out when they may be opening up November rates, I was told that they now only open up about 4 to 4 1/2 months in advance.

I am still waiting for November.

We waited FOREVER to book our Early Sept. tickets.
I think it was in mid-May.
I was soooo tired of waiting. It was worth it in the long run though!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts