Why is Magic Kingdom closing so early in July????

C.C. Langley

Mouseketeer
Have a trip planned July 20-25th, and I was just sort of shocked when starting to plan that they have fireworks listed at 9pm and the park closing at 10pm??? I have never been in the summer with the park closing any earlier than 11, and it's usually midnight? When did this happen? Do you think the hours will be extended closer to time?

Last year, not including any extra magic hours, Magic Kingdom closed at either 9 or 10pm during July

It was only on some sundays and wednesdays last year in July that MK had PM EMH so the park was open until midnight due to a regular 10pm closing.

I imagine it'll remain about the same, but can always change

Last edited:
When did this happen? Do you think the hours will be extended closer to time?

Started last year just as the full disney springs and AK at night opened. It's a combination of wanting people to go elsewhere after the park closed and reduce operating costs by not staying open longer than they need too. Fall/winter was horrible, some of the biggest crowds and still had 10 openings, maybe increased to 11 but it was rare for that to happen. This year, it's AK opened really late and they want you to want to hop over there to count you twice and buy hoppers.. (plus springs, they want you to go eat at springs). they also started to do the MK wedding packages last summer so they have to close for those as well...

I highly doubt the hours will change but if they are, it'll happen around june 15-18th that it shifts around a little. maybe the overload of pandora will make then want to try to get some people away from it with an MK alternative choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter