Why is current pricing so low at Wilderness Lodge DVC

ResilientRabbit

Earning My Ears
Noticed quite a few resale listings for Wilderness Lodge that showed contracts at $99/point. That’s considerably lower than the other resort close to the Magic Kingdom. And especially surprising to me given that they are selling Copper Creek, in the same complex for $185/point (direct).

What am I missing? Why is Wilderness lodge pricing resale contracts at the same price as Old Key West and Saratoga?

I am in the market for a resale contract. And while I strongly favor Beach Club, I don’t want to miss a good bargain!

BRV expiration date is much sooner than other MK resorts including CC. It expires Jan 31 2042 which is 18 years earlier than the next MK resort (BLT is 2060) and 26 years less than the newest (Copper Creek is 2068). Also comparing it to BLT, Poly, and VGF isn’t exactly apples to apples. The appeal of the monorail is great to many and those 3 hotels (considering BLT part of CR) are iconic Disney resorts with many repeat fans. Plus BLT is the only DVC that can walk to MK.
Edited to add BCV is simply overpriced compared to other DVC resorts. Despite it having the same expiration date as BRV it has the appeal of walking to Epcot (and DHS if you like walking a lot) as well as the awesome pool. People are willing to spend a lot to ensure they can book there and prices are incredibly high as a result.

Last edited:
Noticed quite a few resale listings for Wilderness Lodge that showed contracts at $99/point. That’s considerably lower than the other resort close to the Magic Kingdom. And especially surprising to me given that they are selling Copper Creek, in the same complex for $185/point (direct).

BRV expires in 2042, whereas CCV is 2068, so that's a big part of that spread. If you do the math, I believe CCV ends up costing less per point over life of contract than BRV costs right now in resale, mostly because of the extra 26 years.

Dues are significantly higher at BRV than at Saratoga. 2018 for BRV is $6.93pp. OKW is $6.72, and SSR is $5.85.

I'd need to know if the OKW contracts are 2057 or 2042 contracts to know if date on OKW is a factor. It certainly is with SSR - SSR goes to 2054.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!