Why Has Disneyland Stopped fireworks during the week.

Fireworks are always weekends-only during the offseason. They were offering them nightly for the busy spring break months, but went back to the off-season schedule for May. I'd expect nightly fireworks back in June.

They did fireworks nightly during the 60th celebration but before that they were not and they have since returned to weekends only except during "peak" seasons.

They had to get special permission from the city of Anaheim to run the FWs on weekdays during the off season for the 60th. It seems that DL's residential neighbors are not to fond of the nightly sky high entertainment. (from someone I met who lives there.)

They had to get special permission from the city of Anaheim to run the FWs on weekdays during the off season for the 60th. It seems that DL's residential neighbors are not to fond of the nightly sky high entertainment. (from someone I met who lives there.)
This.

Disney is limited by the City of Anaheim on when they can be shown.

I don't blame them. Just staying in a local hotel can be annoying, and that is just a few nights. We were at HOJOs once and were in bed on our arrival day getting well rested for our morning visit when suddenly, BOOM! And it lasts a good while.

It's not just the immediate neighbors. My friend is almost 6 miles away, outside of Anaheim city limits and his second story windows rattle during the larger explosions.

I don't blame them. Just staying in a local hotel can be annoying, and that is just a few nights. We were at HOJOs once and were in bed on our arrival day getting well rested for our morning visit when suddenly, BOOM! And it lasts a good while.

that was me two weeks ago, trying to get a good night sleep for an early start the next day.. and BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! LOL

Yeah I am as pro-fireworks as they come, like you can't sway me about air pollution or fire conditions. It's in one ear and out the other.
But for all the families who have toddlers to put to bed, dogs that get spooked or just want to watch a movie, I can't ask them to live like that 365 days a year for the rest of their lives. And Anahiem needs to staff the massive tourism industry and all the rippling effects to the public and private sectors from that.
Who would shot off the fireworks if everyone moved away?

No.

Nightly fireworks are not a right tourists have. There is no reason that fireworks need to be going off nightly anywhere. 3 times a week is plenty.

Residents don't really have a right to complain about Disneys noise-they have moved into the area knowing Disney is there, that is like moving next to a train track and complaining about the noise from the train.

Residents don't really have a right to complain about Disneys noise-they have moved into the area knowing Disney is there, that is like moving next to a train track and complaining about the noise from the train.
Many moved in when there was only 1 park and it wasn't open 365 days per year. When the fireworks shows were shorter, didn't go as high, and didn't include as many explosions that weren't as large. And people who live 10-15 miles away report hearing the fireworks. They certainly didn't agree to nightly noise when they chose their homes.

I live in a neighboring city and have my whole life. I am used to the fireworks for the most part, but do have to pause the television when my windows are open. They can spook neighboring dogs, set off car alarms, and wake sleeping babies. Visitors that do not know about the fireworks have feared we are being bombed or something, and this is not even in Anaheim, just outside. They need to be warned. It is loud all around, not just in Anaheim. The nearby airport isn't supposed to have planes land after 10 either. The sounds can echo pretty bad in the foothills to the east from both the planes and the fireworks! The sound rules are very strict around here. Don't get me wrong, I adore the fireworks but am grateful they aren't every night, especially on most school nights!

It's not just the immediate neighbors. My friend is almost 6 miles away, outside of Anaheim city limits and his second story windows rattle during the larger explosions.

I live 15 miles south and can hear them inside my house and I never open windows. It's not just Anaheim that is affected. Hundreds of thousands of residents live within earshot of the fireworks and people can't be expected to just deal with it when they have work, school, kids, etc. and need to sleep.

Many moved in when there was only 1 park and it wasn't open 365 days per year. When the fireworks shows were shorter, didn't go as high, and didn't include as many explosions that weren't as large. And people who live 10-15 miles away report hearing the fireworks. They certainly didn't agree to nightly noise when they chose their homes.

Since DCA doesn't have fireworks it is irrelevant.
DLR has had year round operations since 85, I would bet a large proportion of those currently residing in Anaheim bought their houses after that.
When you buy a home it is up to you to do your due diligence about potential "issues" whether you are next to a school, bar, airport, train track or theme park.
Does that mean fireworks should be every night? Not nessecarily, but I do take issue with residents that move into an area which was largely created off the back of Disney, who for many the property value of their home and possibly employment is either directly or indirectly stems from Disneylands success then complains about Disney being a nuisense.

Disneyland did not have year round fireworks in the 80s and 90s. Year round fireworks only occurred during the 50th and 60th anniversaries. Both had special permission from the city. The city has limited the permit for fireworks since the beginning.

Once again, this isn't limited to Anaheim. My son lived in Bellflower for a year. They heard the fireworks then. I'm not sure why people feel it is needed to have them daily. They are currently on peak periods. I know people want to come to Disneyland when it is slow, but they also need to remember that when it is slow, some things won't be happening. I can't imagine living in the area, raising elementary kids, and having fireworks wake them nightly at 930 on school nights. Disney is being a good neighbor.

Most of central Orange County was built as part of the baby boom of the post World War II era. The Tustin Army Base, the El Toro Marine Base and Seal Beach Naval Base, which no longer exist, were a huge supporter of jobs in the area, far surpassing that of Disney. The houses that were built, mine included, were built to support this industry.

I live within 6 miles, but there is no warning about the affect of Disneyland when you buy. I have lived here all my life an am aware of the noise, but many are not. There is no buyer beware like there is with trains or planes. I have friends that live across the street from the park. You live where you can afford to sometimes or where it is central to where two people work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter