Why Has Disney World Been Open so Long and Disneyland Remains Closed??

Forgive me, I stopped coming here when month after month passed with Land remaining closed so I have no idea if this has been answered. Does anyone know why World is open but Land is not?? I realize World has more space but can't they limit the space between guests in the Land queues and limit the capacity of the parks? I know Florida's governor has been far more lax than California's but I'm truly baffled as to how one of the most popular and crowded theme parks in the world has been successful in reopening yet Land remains utterly shuttered.
I wish they Disney had been safe and kept all the parks closed during the global pandemic. covid-19 is being spread around the country by people that feel that since the states open they deserve to go. I have to bury too many people in the last year for that to ever be us. I am so happy California forced them to stay closed. I am happy they are going to try a limited opening but we are going to have at least 1 more bad spike in deaths before everyone gets vaccinated. I doubt enough of Florida gets vaccinated to make it safe.

Nothing has limits or requirements. Last week, CA had about 25,000 new cases. So did Florida, despite having only 53% of CA's population.
....which can be slightly misleading because Florida has the 2nd highest population of 65 and older [20.5%] with 34.7% over the age of 60. And, of those who have passed because of Covid, 85% of them were age 65 or older, with one out of 4 age 85 or older. It stands to reason that proportionately, since the elderly and infirmed are more susceptible, the majority of fatalities are in this demographic.

....which can be slightly misleading because Florida has the 2nd highest population of 65 and older [20.5%] with 34.7% over the age of 60. And, of those who have passed because of Covid, 85% of them were age 65 or older, with one out of 4 age 85 or older. It stands to reason that proportionately, since the elderly and infirmed are more susceptible, the majority of fatalities are in this demographic.
California's over 65 population is 17%, so is slightly lower, but the number I listed was the number of new covid cases this week, not deaths. And with 53% of CA population, having the same number of new cases last week doesn't sound great. The deaths from these cases won't show up for another 2-10 weeks.

Because California takes Covid more seriously than Florida. (I'm sure others will phrase it differently, but that's it in a nutshell.)

use the stereotypes. It plays well. Half kidding. That’s a stark difference besides park size.

TBH, park size matters with the current social distancing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter