Why don't men wear engagement rings?

I know single women who wear "engagement" rings to cut down on flirting when they are not interested. They just picked up a cheap fake diamond somewhere. It works as well as a real one would for that purpose.

You could get a cheap band to wear until the wedding. Or just wear your wedding band now. Personally, I have several different rings I wear on that finger depending on the circumstances. Usually I wear my actual wedding ring, but I have a cheap silver one and some funky silicone ones as well that I wear instead sometimes.

Good question OP. Though most men just follow long-standing tradition, I think it’s a lovely sentiment.

I know a couple where the woman proposed to the man and gave him an engraved Mont Blanc pen. A few months later, she got a diamond ring for her birthday.

Also know a number of men who wear Irish claddagh rings, with the heart, crown and hands representing love, loyalty and friendship. Claddaghs traditionally indicate relationship status by how they are worn. On the right hand, facing out means you’re available, facing in means you’re taken. On the left hand, facing out means engaged, facing in means married.

You just answered your own question. Women wear them to let other men know she is taken. That she is someone else's.

I don’t wear a ring (my hands are too sensitive and nerve damaged for one) but believe me, I am 100% my husbands. Yes, I know he doesn’t own me, but I don’t hide the fact I am taken.

It was originally one month's salary believe it or not.
Take it from someone that wore his ring almost constantly for 29 years, you get more opportunities wearing a ring then not. I has to do with no concern about commitment issues on both sides. But, women seemed to be drawn more toward a married man, for entertainment, then single or perceived single. After my wife left home, cause she was tired of being married, I kicked myself for never taking advantage. Oh, well... maybe in my next life.:confused3:laughing:

We both wear wedding rings--they match except they have different inscriptions on the inside. There's a lyric from the Broadway song "I Will Never Leave you" which goes "Evermore and always, we'll be one though we're two". Mine says Evermore and his says Always.

I love that!

Also know a number of men who wear Irish claddagh rings, with the heart, crown and hands representing love, loyalty and friendship. Claddaghs traditionally indicate relationship status by how they are worn. On the right hand, facing out means you’re available, facing in means you’re taken. On the left hand, facing out means engaged, facing in means married.

I was going to mention those as well.

Other than that, I just assumed women are more likely to wear rings in general. - I have a few besides my wedding ring that I change out and wear on the other hand for special occasions, but I don't really know any guys who do that.

I don’t wear a ring (my hands are too sensitive and nerve damaged for one) but believe me, I am 100% my husbands. Yes, I know he doesn’t own me, but I don’t hide the fact I am taken.
I was meaning the ring is more a symbol of she’s taken from the guy who gave gave the ring’s perspective.

From experience with friends, whoever proposes doesn't wear the engagement ring.
Lol! Well then in that case if I were a lesbian, which I’m not, I would totally not pop the question just for the fact that I would really want thering. So I wonder if there are lesbian couples who are not engaged simply the fact the other one is waiting for the other to ask first.I question that jokingly it’s not a serious question. the lesbian couple I know they both happen to have diamond rings

OP, if you want to wear an "engagement" ring, do it. Either hint to your fiancee or buy it yourself.

I didn't want a ring. When exH broached the subject, I asked for a gold chain instead.

Most men don't give a crap about jewelry, the only reason that they buy it is because women want it. Engagement rings generally don't mean a man is "claiming" a woman, it's that woman have convinced each other that the useless piece of rock is "important." Honestly, the only reason women wear jewelry and all that crap is to show it off to other women. It's the female version of having a Corvette/Porsche, it's all just a status symbol. "Oh, I love jewelry, it makes me feel so (much) pretty(-ier than you, you bling-less ugly cow!)"

It was originally one month's salary believe it or not.
Again, that was De Beers idea. Brilliant marketing campaign. Convince men to spend 12 - 24% of their income on shiny crystallized coal.

Diamonds are actually really cheap to make. The only reason they cost so much is that the diamond industry has convinced the public that they're "rare" and "special" and "very valuable." It's literally a lie that you dopes have fallen for hook, line, and sinker.

Most men don't give a crap about jewelry, the only reason that they buy it is because women want it. Engagement rings generally don't mean a man is "claiming" a woman, it's that woman have convinced each other that the useless piece of rock is "important." Honestly, the only reason women wear jewelry and all that crap is to show it off to other women. It's the female version of having a Corvette/Porsche, it's all just a status symbol. "Oh, I love jewelry, it makes me feel so (much) pretty(-ier than you, you bling-less ugly cow!)"

Diamonds are actually really cheap to make. The only reason they cost so much is that the diamond industry has convinced the public that they're "rare" and "special" and "very valuable." It's literally a lie that you dopes have fallen for hook, line, and sinker.
Who are the ugly cows and dopes you speak of?

Vain women cattily thinking about other women, and people who pay lots of money for diamonds, respectively.

Vain women cattily thinking about other women, and people who pay lots of money for diamonds, respectively.
Wow. All I can say is some woman must have really done a number on you.

I for one don’t like jewelry in general. The only jewelry I would wear would be a wedding or engagement ring. Not because of the “sparkle” but because of the meaning behind it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter