Why do people buy Resort Refillable Mugs on e-bay?

rsackett

Earning My Ears
I was poking around on e-bay and could not believe the prices that people were paying for the Refillable Resort Mugs. One was up to 7 bids for $8.95 + $3.00 shipping!:confused3 Why would anybody buy these at that price? That comes to $11.95 if the bid does not go any higher! You can buy a new on at the resort for $12.49+ tax. I do not get it.

Ray

One valid reason might be because they left theirs in Disney and/or didnt buy one but would like to have one. Could come up with plenty of other reasons but I guess the best one would be its none of my darn business!

I would like to think they are trying to purchase all the Resort logo mugs to keep in a collection, because they are not being sold anymore at any of the Resorts counter service locations.

I could be wrong but I don't think they sell resort specific mugs any more. I think they are all the same now.

Honestly?

They are too cheap to buy one at the resort, and don't realize after shipping, etc., that they are saving maybe a dollar or 2. There are a lot of people out there that aren't too bright.:rotfl:

They no longer sell the refillable mugs? When did they stop?
They are still selling them however they changed the deisgn from Resort logos, to the Year of a Million Dreams. So it's the same mugs being sold at all the Resorts, which means they are no longer Resort specific.

I would like to think they are trying to purchase all the Resort logo mugs to keep in a collection, because they are not being sold anymore at any of the Resorts counter service locations.
Yep, that's what I think. Don't they all have the same design? Or is that just for YOMD?

so now, while youre pool hopping, you can get free beverage as well..
flame suit on!!just kidding!!:rotfl2:

Yep, that's what I think. Don't they all have the same design? Or is that just for YOMD?
All the Resots are selling the Year of a Million Dreams logo mugs. I forgot to mention earlier that for those who dont know Coronado Springs is the only mug not sell them. The reason is their dining locations are not owned by WDW, so they are the only location which still sells their Resort logo mugs.

a little off topic, maybe, sorry if so. couldn't resist to share.
a couple of months ago, I saw several listings on ebay for bundles of 'fast passes'. honestly...and there were several bids, and fairly high bids. the listing even had pics showing the fast passes from different rides. poor winners of those bids...

That is just nasty. Using someones mug that you dont know. Eeewwww:sick:

That is just nasty. Using someones mug that you dont know. Eeewwww:sick:

This comment always cracks me up - - assuming you are going to Disney so you will be using cups, glasses, plates, sheets, towels, comforters, walkways, carpet, silverware, toliet seats, bathtubs, etc and so forth that other people you don't know have used.

And if you are a germaphobe (not one so not sure on how to spell that) all of the above would have been cleaned by someone else whereas the mug you got off ebay would be cleaned by you before use.

Liz

Collectors items, baby! I have a minty 1996 refillable I am holding on to. Over the years I have sold Poly resort glasses from the 80's, a 1976 coffee mug and a boatload of defunct place glasses on ebay for a decent sum, like from D-zrts, anyone remember that place? There is a big 2nd hand market out there.

All the Resots are selling the Year of a Million Dreams logo mugs. I forgot to mention earlier that for those who dont know Coronado Springs is the only mug not sell them. The reason is their dining locations are not owned by WDW, so they are the only location which still sells their Resort logo mugs.

:offtopic: Sorry to get off topic, but do the restaurants at CSR honor the DDP if they are not owned by WDW?

I know I've been keeping an eye on eBay for an All Star Movies mug. We saved our mugs from CSR and AKL, but Movies was our first trip and I didn't think to keep them. I wanted a mug from each of the resorts we visited for a keepsake. I guess now that doesn't matter if the resorts no longer have their "own" mug. :worried:
I did buy a Dixie Landings refillable mug off eBay because Brer Fox, Rabbit, and Bear were on it and I love them. I just gave the mug a good scrubbing and it was as good as new.

:offtopic: Sorry to get off topic, but do the restaurants at CSR honor the DDP if they are not owned by WDW?
According to the 2008 DDP information guide yes they honor the DDP there. Cafe Rix, Pepper Market, Siestas Cantina and Maya Grill are all listed on there as locations where it is accepted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter