why didn't HKDL put the classic rides in?

julieannbabe

<font color=blue>I am a <font color=red>summer <fo
just wondering: there are no peter pan, thunder mountain, splash, pirates and haunted mansion.

Was this a conscious thing of Disney to do?

Consious of being really low-budget yes. Things were planned to be much bigger...there was even rumors of having a Pirates ride with more elements from Splash Mountain, but that is not happening any time in the near future.

Sadly, Disney is doing what it's done with most other parks of late, Animal Kingdom, DCA, Disney Studios Paris and HKDL, open 1/2 a park and expect guests to come flocking there anyway. Sure they add more attractions eventually but why do they proverbially "shoot themselves in the foot"?

The other parks are not as big of a problem because they're second gates and can get overflow from the main parks, but HKDL had to survive on its own.

thanks.

it does seem a crazy way of thinking.

either they build a proper park or they don't.

otherwise it a waste of money all round - ifthey expect people to visit the park if they don't have the classic rides there.

thanks.

it does seem a crazy way of thinking.

either they build a proper park or they don't.

otherwise it a waste of money all round - ifthey expect people to visit the park if they don't have the classic rides there.

That's a little unfair. Hopefully HKDL will have some exclusive rides in the future, or improved versions of classic rides. Who wants the same park duplicated over and over again? I know I don't.

That's a little unfair. Hopefully HKDL will have some exclusive rides in the future, or improved versions of classic rides. Who wants the same park duplicated over and over again? I know I don't.

I suddenly get reminded of when MK opened without a Pirates attraction and everyone complained so loudly that Disney was forced to open one...just because they may have already done some of these attractions doesn't mean they shouldn't open them again, especially the true classics like Peter Pan and the Haunted Mansion (which HKDL IS now getting a VERY unique variation of)

just because they may have already done some of these attractions doesn't mean they shouldn't open them again

Obviously, as some of them are very good. My point is that it seems some people want identikit parks dotted around the world. It's a shame. I think my ideal park would be an even mix of old and new, with individual touches exclusive to the country the park is in (like what they did with Disneyland Park in Paris).

I welcome the idea of HKDL's unique version of Haunted Mansion! :)

Obviously, as some of them are very good. My point is that it seems some people want identikit parks dotted around the world. It's a shame. I think my ideal park would be an even mix of old and new, with individual touches exclusive to the country the park is in (like what they did with Disneyland Park in Paris).

Well, to me there's a few philosophies at work here. For example, back when Tokyo Disneyland was being planned, they clearly copied many elements of Magic Kingdom...is that a bad thing? Well, back then I don't think there was a lot of tourism to Japan from the U.S. or vice versa and even today, nearly all people who visit TDL are Japanese. Yes, there are a lot of Japanese people who visit WDW these days, maybe they think MK isn't that special here :confused3

Yes, for those of us (freaks) who love to go to all of the Disney parks around the world, it is a bit annoying when there's cookie cutter attractions, but I would assume that most guests don't mind it.

How many people in the world go and visit more than 2 Disney resort destinations in their lifetime?

Anyway, even those attractions which seem mostly the same often have subtle differences which I enjoy pointing out. I really liked Tokyo's Haunted Mansion as it has a few unique effects I haven't seen in the other ones at DL and WDW (in the library, the books seemed to glow a bit more, there was a rocking chair and an open book with pages moving....also where all of the doors are, one of the paintings had a face which would push out toward you!)

Yes, for those of us (freaks) who love to go to all of the Disney parks around the world, it is a bit annoying when there's cookie cutter attractions, but I would assume that most guests don't mind it.

How many people in the world go and visit more than 2 Disney resort destinations in their lifetime?

That's a fair point which I didn't even consider, probably because I'm one of the said 'freaks'! :rotfl:

Anyway, even those attractions which seem mostly the same often have subtle differences which I enjoy pointing out. I really liked Tokyo's Haunted Mansion as it has a few unique effects I haven't seen in the other ones at DL and WDW (in the library, the books seemed to glow a bit more, there was a rocking chair and an open book with pages moving....also where all of the doors are, one of the paintings had a face which would push out toward you!)

Yes, it's nice when there are some subtle differences that 'normal' people wouldn't notice. It's like something is being given back to us diehards. :)

just a few more rides in HKDL would make it a bit more appealing.
there doesn't seem to be much there at the moment.

I agree, a few more attractions that aren't meant for little kids would make a big different. I was hoping the new Toy Story land would provide this, but it's really all little kid attractions in there.
As an adult who doesn't go on rollercoasters, I found there weren't really any rides that interested me. I did get to most of the shows though, which were well done. The Golden Mickeys is a bit..... odd. But it's fun.
Hopefully this will improve because there is a lot of potential in DLHK. I sort of wish they not started Disneyland Shanghai. They could have put that money into making DLHK a world class destination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter