Why did Princess Jasmine's singing voice change in the two other Aladdin movies?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
When Disney released Aladdin in 1992 Princess Jasmine's singing voice was done by Lea Salonga and she was marvelous in the singing role of Princess Jasmine. But when The Return Of Jafar came out as well as Aladdin And The King Of Thieves Princess Jasmine's singing voice was now done by Liz Callaway and I thought Liz was also wonderful as Princess Jasmine's singing voice and I can't figure out why Lea Salonga was replaced by Liz Callaway to do Jasmine's singing voice? Was Liz Callaway a better singing voice for Princess Jasmine or did Lea Salonga chose to no longer do the singing voice for Jasmine?

When Disney released Aladdin in 1992 Princess Jasmine's singing voice was done by Lea Salonga and she was marvelous in the singing role of Princess Jasmine. But when The Return Of Jafar came out as well as Aladdin And The King Of Thieves Princess Jasmine's singing voice was now done by Liz Callaway and I thought Liz was also wonderful as Princess Jasmine's singing voice and I can't figure out why Lea Salonga was replaced by Liz Callaway to do Jasmine's singing voice? Was Liz Callaway a better singing voice for Princess Jasmine or did Lea Salonga chose to no longer do the singing voice for Jasmine?

Well, it's quite simply likely a matter of economics. Lea Salonga costs more. She was doing theatrical movies. Those striaght-to-video films had a much lower budget, and that includes a lot of the voice cast. It's why Robin Williams wasn't in Return of Jafar or why Eddie Murphy isn't in Mulan II. They just cost too much and the production couldn't pay them. Some voice cast will return as they might do TV as well as film and get paid accordingly. That's all it is.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter