Who's planning to cruise in 2010 with me?

MaryKLady

In a constant state of DCL withdrawl.
I have finally convinced DH. So the plan is 1/23/2010 Western on the Magic. We always go somewhere warm when it's cold here (NJ). I'm so excited I can't stand it. My SIL and BIL with their kids might come too. All three will be in the same kids program, how fun!

So what is your plan? Are you cruising with me?

We are planning (hoping) to do back to backs in the summer 2010. Won't know until dates are released.

I have finally convinced DH. So the plan is 1/23/2010 Western on the Magic. We always go somewhere warm when it's cold here (NJ). I'm so excited I can't stand it. My SIL and BIL with their kids might come too. All three will be in the same kids program, how fun!

We wont be going the same time you are planning. Leaning toward November 2010. Although my DH just called (editing to say this) and said he thought a halloween cruise would be fun. :)

Just waiting for the 2010 information to come out to see what they have to choose from. We've never been on a cruise - looking at the information on the disney website - I'd like to try an eastern cruise! :)

We just got back from Alaska with RCL hoping for a cheaper and better alternative to DCL, but we were not converted. We did the Mediterranean last year and it was absolutely the "trip of a lifetime", so we are hoping for another European itinerary. Maybe take the transatlantic and first cruise! :thumbsup2

Just out of curiosity, how do you know there will be a 1/23/2010 Western cruise?

I don't for sure. However, looking at a 2010 calendar and comparing it to the typical DCL schedule, it is quite likely. Let's put it this way....I am cruising in Jan. of 2010 with DCL. Hopefully the boat will sail where DH can scuba dive.

Just waiting for the 2010 information to come out to see what week. We've never been on a cruise - looking at the information on the disney website - I'd like to try an eastern cruise! :)

It's driving me crazy that the dates probably won't be out until Dec. I suppose the anticipation can be fun! You'll love it. I call it a "brainless vacation". Once you're on the ship, all you have to do is have fun.

We just got back from Alaska with RCL hoping for a cheaper and better alternative to DCL, but we were not converted. We did the Mediterranean last year and it was absolutely the "trip of a lifetime", so we are hoping for another European itinerary. Maybe take the transatlantic and first cruise! :thumbsup2

Wow, how was Alaska? MY DD5 wants to go there in the worst way, but we have to wait. My TA tells me she'll have to at least 8 to do any of the excursions. She really wants to go on a dog sled ride :goodvibes

It's driving me crazy that the dates probably won't be out until Dec. I suppose the anticipation can be fun! You'll love it. I call it a "brainless vacation". Once you're on the ship, all you have to do is have fun.

I like the idea of it being brainless! :) My DDs and I watched the disney cruise dvd and Makayla was ready to pack her bags and go right then. I wanted to wait until they were older and hopefully better swimmers. Our first WDW vacation is this year, and am thinking of returning to WDW again in 2009.

Wow, how was Alaska? MY DD5 wants to go there in the worst way, but we have to wait. My TA tells me she'll have to at least 8 to do any of the excursions. She really wants to go on a dog sled ride :goodvibes

I'd love to hear about this as well. This is my DH's dream vacation. I am putting him (it) off until the girls are older & he has more vacation time available.

Alaska was amazing! So worth the trip even if the ship is not your first choice, because you really go for the scenery, at least we did. I did a lot of research on the cruise critic boards and it was very helpful.

Our kids are 11 and 17 and I think those were pretty good ages, especially the 11 year old. We did the first Panama Canal transit and I don't think she quite grasped the wonder of it at 8 years old, but she got a bit more out of the Alaska. Sometimes I think we have overwhelmed them with all the trips we have taken, those poor kids!

We didn't do the sled dogs on the glacier because they cancel those if the weather isn't that great and they are very pricey. We did go to the musher's camp though and had a short ride in a cart with wheels and sixteen dogs. The kids really enjoyed it, even the 17 year old. And after we were able to interact with the new puppies. There was a younger family there with young kids and it didin't look like they were having as good a time as we were. Also, when we booked our excursions I didn't see alot of age restrictions, it seemed a little more lenient than DCL.

On a side note; DCL's kids areas and activities are much better; it's not even close! So we are staying with DCL even it means we don't cruise as often!

Alaska was amazing! So worth the trip even if the ship is not your first choice, because you really go for the scenery, at least we did. I did a lot of research on the cruise critic boards and it was very helpful.

Our kids are 11 and 17 and I think those were pretty good ages, especially the 11 year old. We did the first Panama Canal transit and I don't think she quite grasped the wonder of it at 8 years old, but she got a bit more out of the Alaska. Sometimes I think we have overwhelmed them with all the trips we have taken, those poor kids!

We didn't do the sled dogs on the glacier because they cancel those if the weather isn't that great and they are very pricey. We did go to the musher's camp though and had a short ride in a cart with wheels and sixteen dogs. The kids really enjoyed it, even the 17 year old. And after we were able to interact with the new puppies. There was a younger family there with young kids and it didin't look like they were having as good a time as we were. Also, when we booked our excursions I didn't see alot of age restrictions, it seemed a little more lenient than DCL.

On a side note; DCL's kids areas and activities are much better; it's not even close! So we are staying with DCL even it means we don't cruise as often!

We are!

We did a three day cruise (our first and back when the Magic was doing three-four day trips) as part of our Honeymoon (Land & Sea package) and in 2010 it will be our ten year anniversary so we are planning to do a cruise. Although we will be doing it with the kiddies.

We've done 4 week long trips on the Magic since our little three day honeymoon cruise. Two before our Daughter was born and two with her. This time we'll have yet ANOTHER little one to introduce to cruising!

I'd like to go in the summer after Katie is out of school, but since it looks like the Magic might be going over seas or something, we will likely do it earlier.

I'd like to go in the summer after Katie is out of school, but since it looks like the Magic might be going over seas or something, we will likely do it earlier.

I know. I was wrestling with the idea of taking DD out of school for a cruise. But I think I've come to the conclusion I'd rather go when the vacation won't put me in the poor house and when the tropics aren't a million degrees. We did a Caribbean cruise in June once and went inland to see the Mayan ruins...I thought we would melt away from the heat!

Actually this is the week we have vacationed the past few years! We are doing the Wonder b2b this coming January beginning 1/25 & were planning on the Magic January 2010. Haven't decide on the western or eastern, so it may come down to whatever is offered that week. And my SIL & family may be coming too! So, yes, we may be cruising with you! We are from New England so we cruise to escape the cold winter as well!! :)

I wish they would release the 2010 itineraries...

Well it all depends on where the Magic will be.

If it is not sailing out of FL then we will probably do RCCL or a land vacation.

We would like to see longer cruises out of FL.

We totally want to cuise with you, Buttttt!!!!!! it will depend on itinerary. I only read your initial post so apologies if I am repeating things already said. We have done the 7 day thing a few times now and now want MORE! We travel too far to only cruise for 7 days.

We have a theme park close to us and although it isn't Disney it isn't as crowded either (or as expensive). The kids have done both and would rather our park instead so Disneyworld isn't as big seller for us, been there done that.

We want at least 10 days. I hope disney is listening :thumbsup2

I know. I was wrestling with the idea of taking DD out of school for a cruise. But I think I've come to the conclusion I'd rather go when the vacation won't put me in the poor house and when the tropics aren't a million degrees. We did a Caribbean cruise in June once and went inland to see the Mayan ruins...I thought we would melt away from the heat!

So - have you decided to take your DD out of school? I've been debating the exact same thing. They start Kindergarten next year - and we are planning to take them out for 5 days to go to WDW. Wasn't sure about 2010 as they will be in 1st grade - wasn't sure how the school district would react. But I prefer the idea of cruising in the fall over the summer.

So - have you decided to take your DD out of school? I've been debating the exact same thing. They start Kindergarten next year - and we are planning to take them out for 5 days to go to WDW. Wasn't sure about 2010 as they will be in 1st grade - wasn't sure how the school district would react. But I prefer the idea of cruising in the fall over the summer.

I've taken mine out 2xs(1xper year) for 5 days each for a DCL cruise. The only reason I don't want to do that anymore is because my oldest will be in High School next year and she is in the gifted program. I just don't want to put the pressure of missing a whole week on her. I wouldn't think twice about it for your kids ages. I think if they do well in school and haven't missed a lot of school before the trip then they will be fine. My kids might miss 1 or 2 days other than the cruise so it was fine. I just always "requested" the time off beforehand and the school was fine with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter