Who's going for the "Disney Dream Job"?

StormTigger

I am Tigger, feel my bounce!
Disney's Dream Job

"Do you sometimes carry a magic wand? Leave trails of pixie dust in your path?"

Tell me this job doesn't sound like it's made for one of us?

I want this job!!! Of course I need a more stable life/income, but still.. I want this job!!

But since I can't have it.. everyone should know about it. :goodvibes

It looks like a fun job! To bad I don't qualify. :sad:

Woohoo! I did, I was looking for a reason to move to Orlando and work for Disney, I guess I found it :cool1: :lmao:

WoWzA....I passed!

Can't hurt to try, right?

Now I just need to buy a video camera..hmmm

I qualified, but I don't think I can leave my job for a year just to go "play" for a year.

I qualified, but I don't think I can leave my job for a year just to go "play" for a year.

You know you and RIck want to....

Does it mention anywhere what the pay will be? Because it is a "contest" type position, I would actually assume you would get well compensated for it.

Actually I'm reading this again, and it's a part time job. I'm thinking you don't actually have to leave your job, just be able to take the days off that they will need you for, and the couple weeks for training of course.

I really should just get a video together.. but what to say?!

Actually I'm reading this again, and it's a part time job. I'm thinking you don't actually have to leave your job, just be able to take the days off that they will need you for, and the couple weeks for training of course.

I really should just get a video together.. but what to say?!

I think it says it's about 8 days or so out of a 12 month period. I did the test, just for laughs, and I qualified as "Mickey Mouse". It sounds like an awesome opportunity and tons of fun. I'm like you though-I have no idea what to say on a video.

Here's the 411 on the CMO job...right from the Official rules...

CMO is a part time employee of Disney Destinations expected to work between 12 and 32 days during the Employment Period (as hereinafter defined). Employment will commence on or about May 1, 2008 and terminate on April 30, 2009 (the "Employment Period"). The Grand Prize Winner's employment is contingent upon: (1) Grand Prize Winner's completion of the requisite employment paperwork including, but not limited to, an ideas form, a confidentiality agreement and a job application; and (2) Grand Prize Winner's compliance with the "Disney Look". Disney reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to not hire the Grand Prize Winner for any reason. The Grand Prize Winner must also successfully complete certain training including, without limitation, Media Training and Traditions. The Grand Prize Winner's sole obligation as CMO will be to travel to those assignments (determined by Disney Destinations in its sole discretion) between four (4) and eight (8) times during the Employment Period. It is currently anticipated that the Grand Prize Winner would be required to attend the Toy Story Mania Press Event at Disney's California Adventure from 6/11/08-6/13/08; Mickey's Halloween Time at the Disneyland® Resort from 10/4/08-10/6/08; the CareerBuilder.com meeting in Chicago from 1/6/09-1/8/09; and an event at Disney's California Adventure from 4/24/09-4/26/09. These events and dates are subject to change in the sole discretion of Disney Destinations. The Grand Prize Winner must be available to travel when needed by Disney Destinations. Each time the Grand Prize Winner travels at the request of Disney Destinations during the Employment Period, Disney will provide the following to the Grand Prize Winner: (a) round-trip coach-class air transportation from the major commercial airport in the US nearest winner's permanent residence (selected by Disney Destinations) to the airport designated by Disney Destinations (the "Arrival Airport"), (B) car service between the Arrival Airport and the location of Grand Prize Winner's assignment (e.g., the Disneyland® Resort) (c) hotel accommodations (depending on availability, one standard deluxe room, quad occupancy) at a hotel designated by Disney Destinations, (d) an hourly rate in an amount to be determined by Disney Destinations in its sole discretion, for each hour the Grand Prize Winner acts as the CMO at the request of Disney Destinations and (e) a spending allowance in an amount to be determined by Disney Destinations in its sole discretion. The Grand Prize Winner will also be provided with twenty (20) one (1) day theme park tickets, in the aggregate, to either the Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort.

Thank you Stormtigger! That was charming. I did qualify for the CMO job according to that little test. That test says that my character is Cinderella. Okay if Disney says so, but I am not a very good housekeeper.

I would be a little fearful to take this job, even if it were offered to me. Judging from all the official rules posted here, I fear that it could become a job of great financial expense to the person holding the job since the obligations appear to be only upon that person . If everything promised to me has the loophole of "subject to availablity" or Disney otherwise being the decision-maker, that would make me feel too vulnerable while too far from home. I wonder how many applicants for this job are serious about taking it.

It does raise an interesting question though. What would be your first choice of jobs? I mean realistically speaking because I don't suppose there will be many professional astronauts going to another galaxy anytime soon.

I know that my first choice of job would definately be something where I was creating memories though. I had that in a little photography studio that specialized in baby pictures, even though I wasn't taking the pictures there. I had that again while working as a photographer at the San Francisco Giants baseball games. I could blow it off when someone yelled at me that the pictures were a ripoff because I saw these same people spend a small fortune on beer and fatty foods with little or no nutritional value. I certainly didn't want anyone's grocery money for portraits, but I knew that we weren't selling crap out there. These were moments in time that weren't ever going to come back. If they should lose their house in a flood or a fire, I doubt a television or stereo is what they would mourn for for years. It would be their friends and family pictures.

You all are certainly entitled to gun for that Disney dream job mentioned here if you know that you want it. I would love to hear everybody's reason for wanting it. That would be fun to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter