WHOO HOOO Just got CSR for $94...UPDATE re: CRO phone automation system

epcotfan

http://youtube.com/wdwchannel1
Sorry for the outburst. Just excited :D Got the Amex rate of $94 for August. Thanks to all who answered my CSR questions. I've been to the Contemporary, Beach Club, CBR, ASMU & The former Dixie Landings but this will be my first time staying at CSR.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forgot to add that when I called 407-W-DISNEY there is an automated system that asks how many nights you want. I keyed in 8 and then was put on hold. The phone call was then picked up by the Walt Disney World Travel company-which is what I didn't want. I politely said I had the wrong number and then called back. This time I didn't key in how many nights I wanted and waited for an agent instead. This time CRO answered. Now I don't know if I originally got the WDTC because of call overflow or if it was because I keyed in the number of nights I wanted. Just thought I'd mention this for those that only want CRO.
Anyone else experience this?

Thanks again everyone. Thanks Buzz for your wonderful picture site. Very helpful indeed. I'm looking forward to my stay. I originally wanted the Contemporary again but they aren't offering the Amex rate. After thinking about it for some time I realized CSR was basically a deluxe without the monorail. They have a health Club, Salon, etc which the other mods don't have. Decided to fork away about $100 for taxis on occasion when we didn't feel like waiting for a bus. Certainly a lot less than a deluxe. :) Thought it was a terrific deal. All those CSR sites out there are fantastic! :jester:

I had the same experience of getting Travel instead of CRO and it was kind of hilarious. I kept saying I only wanted rooms, but she kept asking: do you want air? no thank you, just room- transfer from the airport? no, just room- passes? --etc. When she got to the Cirque de Soleil tickets I did feel that she wasnt HEARING me!!!

I don't think it really makes a difference what number you call or how many nights you key in. You're getting the same place I think. The members are cross-trained to use the system of CRO or WDTC. In Oct I made a reservation thru WDTC using a DC code. Last weekend I called CRO to book an AMEX code ressie and believe it or not I received the same CM who had booked our trip thru WDTC. Being a bit more knowledable since being a DIS member I now ask first if this is being processed thru CRO or WDTC. Last weekend I spoke to two wonderful CM's. (Sean and Edwina, both cross-trained in both systems). We had a few laughs on the phone. Attitude is everything (mine included). :) "Edwina" couldn't believe she had booked my last ressie for me. She told me the chances of that happening are slim. I told her I now consider her my personal planner. Anyway, the point is - the CM's are the same. The computer system used is different.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if keying in nights forwarded you the to the travel company or not. I didn't want a package and didn't want the total balance paid prior to the trip and that's why I wanted CRO.
Wow Nolcrest, I can't believe you go the same agent twice! :D

Actually that is the exact message you have always gotten when you call the 1-800 Disney Club # and it is as exactly as you said. If you put the # of nights in you get the WDTC, if you wait on the line you get CRO, I wonder if this change has been made to the 407 # as well.

I called the 407 number so perhaps it has changed there as well.

Until reading your "outburst of joy" :D , I wasn't even aware there was a difference between WDTravel and CRO. Could you explain the differences to a Newbie? Thanks!

I called yesterday to make my reservations (CSR too!) and when I punched in the number of nights, I got CRO. Maybe it's just random?

Generally if you call The Walt Disney World Travel company you are buying a package and the amount due must be paid in full prior to arrival. If you call CRO you basically can get a room only reservation and only have to put one night's deposit down and pay the remaining balance on arrival.

We had originally purchased the Discovery Magic package and got the $94.00 rate through CBR. We decided with two kids that we were paying adults prices for them and probably wouldn't get our monies worth. We ended up going through a travel agent and when she called back today to change our package from Discovery to Resort, they told her it wasn't available. She asked them how can it not be available when we already have the room reservation. After awhile, Disney finally agreed to change the reservation, but we ended up with some type of package that just had the room and park hoppers. When she asked how much more it would be to add a flex feature, Disney added another $619 to the package. Our travel agent was shocked. Needless to say, we stayed with our room and park hoppers.

Anyone have this problem?

Recently booked at PO-R for Oct. Came to 147/night. That 94/night rate at CSR sounds really good to me. Was the rate you received good only for a certain time period?

Disney was having a special advertised on the Disney website for $94.00 a night for the moderate resorts. It's still being advertised, but I'm not sure how they do this. They may have a certain number of rooms set aside for that rate, and once it's gone, the rate goes back up. I'm just not sure. I think the code was CUE or CIF?

We have a major problem that I just found out about yesterday. We have a travel agent (not the one on this site) now dealing with this, and we had our reservation changed to the hotel and park hoppers. Disney gave us a price the day before on this and then the next day came back with a different price. Anyway, all agreed with the first price. When I called Disney to ask a question about tickets, they told me that our reservation was not showing that we bought tickets AND that we were being charged $154.00 a night for the hotel. Needless to say, I immediately called the travel agent, but they are out until Tuesday. Disney did tell me this was fixable, but I can't fix it because we have an agent now. Whaaaaa! I did ask Disney to make a note of my phone calls so we could get this fixed first thing Tuesday morning.

This didn't happen when I was dealing with this myself. :(

rab, sounds to me like you need to tell you TA you no longer need their services and just take care of it all yourself!!
You are already on the right track by looking at these boards, etc.

Good luck getting it straightened out:)

Appreciate the info. Hope your reservations get cleared up on Tuesday.

I think it is just random, when I called 2 weeks ago, I was asked to key in # of nights and did so, when my call was answered I told them I wanted to book room only using a code and I assume I was speaking to CRO because my deposit wasn't for 200.00 but just one nights stay which was 115.00 with the code at CBR.

carib01a.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts