WHO YA GONNA CALL" 29 NIGHTS OF GHOSTBUSTERS, MONSTERS & MORE - A 2019 HHN/SFR/RPR TR

Absolutely!

Weird thing is, most folks have the same opinion.......I do wonder how they got the Scare Zones so wrong this year.....well, some of them.......Rob Zombies was surprisingly (for us) fun!!
My husband is a huge Rob Zombie fan -- that's part of my selling point for HHN next year. While they might not repeat it, I'm sure there would be something similar...or at least I hope so!

My husband is a huge Rob Zombie fan -- that's part of my selling point for HHN next year. While they might not repeat it, I'm sure there would be something similar...or at least I hope so!

I really don’t know any of his stuff....movies or music. Apart from the should be forgotten Halloween movies........lol.......

But, yep, sell it......you never know.....it’s the 30th anniversary year so it should be spectacular and his house and zone were particularly popular this year........I wouldn’t mind something of his coming back. Surprisingly, as I didn’t expect to like his stuff, going on what I thought it would be......it was fun.

I’m hoping more of the classics will appear.....Jack the Clown, the storyteller and so on........and hopefully they’ll go back to an icon! Those years were the best years when an icon was present.

Thinking I may have to tear the family away from Mythos to try Confisco.
We had really great service and good to really good food (twice-same server) on our first trip in April at Mythos. I also didn't feel like we spent more than counter service.
Have you ever had the burger, sirloin or fajitas at Confisco? I feel like that is what the less adventurous in my family would order.

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 11TH

Today was probably our quietest day ever......we actually didn't really do anything at all......but it was still quite enjoyable.

We awoke fairly late for us, around 7ish, and as usual, once I`m awake.....Tom is awake too. Looking out the window it`s still dark but the sky is clear so I`m guessing it`s going to be another beautiful day...

Showered and dressed, we headed up for breakfast and the lounge was probably the quietest we have ever seen it. I asked one of the girls if we had missed everyone, but she said it wasn't overly busy today. It was quiet, and everything was as always beautifully laid out and fresh.

Tom had his usual croissants and honey and I had some meats, and two little mini muffins......they are so nice. And simple. It`s a breakfast I`d probably never have at home.

We genuinely had no idea what we were going to do today.....we did think of going into the parks to do the water rides, but Bilge Barges were closed so we decided against that. That is a ride that when we do go in to do the wet rides, we can do that one over and over many times. Same with Ripsaw Falls......although Ripsaw Falls ride vehicle is slightly awkward to get in and out of.....you really need strong arms to get yourself out easily......I do struggle with that but it doesn't stop me riding it...….and again, you do get drenched!!!!

So, we sat a little while and chatted to the Concierge manager and that passed some time as we love chatting to her, then we decided to go to the Florida Mall. Not my favourite Mall, but we fancied just a wander around.

Tom drives today, and it takes around 15 minutes to get there. Being that it is a Wednesday morning, it`s ultra quiet......so we get parked easily which is nice.

They have changed the mall from a few years ago and it is a nicer food court than before, it was quite grubby previously. Now it looks clean and quite inviting.

i-5btTQ6P-X2.jpg

i-qnhsPTk-X2.jpg

i-jS7kRpx-X2.jpg

i-XmDj5Ls-X2.jpg

One of my favourite stores is Yankee Candle and the reason our luggage is often heavier than it should be!!! We get the newer scents a little later than America, so it`s nice being able to buy them as they come out.....although I do have my traditional favourites, especially the Christmas ones.

i-hJBWC8j-X2.jpg

The morning passes very quickly, we wander in and out of a few stores including Bath & Body where I do curtail the purchasing today.....I prefer the Mall at Millenia store to this one. This place isn't as welcoming as the other.

We meet a lady we know very well. She`s a manager from the HRH, we`ve known her for years and it`s always funny seeing folks away from where you are used to seeing them, but always nice. We took the opportunity and went for a coffee with her and had a good old chat, as although we see her, it`s not very often, but our chat was a lot of fun and the time passed so quickly.

It had been a nice morning and our coffee and chat had been lovely....I did learn a few things I didn`t know which was interesting!!! We said our goodbye`s and by now we were ready to head back home and on the way we decide to have lunch at Beth`s Burgers on Universal Boulevard.

The first time we went there was a couple of years ago.....we had been told to go by one of the concierge team and we had liked it a lot. I`m not usually a fan of patty style burgers, but these are lovely.....and the fries are amazing!!!!! The buns too are very nice........

i-LRv33Hf-X2.jpg

Super friendly staff work here and the girl immediately recognises us from our last visit...….what a memory...….she always says it`s our accent that sticks in her mind......well, I guess it is distinctive.

The menu needs a lot studying!!!!

i-RjZtFSF-X2.jpg

We go with the Morning Double Burger for Tom which comes with bacon, egg and cheddar cheese which he subbed for pepper jack with regular fries and a soda.

I opted for the Double Burger with avocado, jalapenos, bbq sauce and a side of honey mustard for the fries.......did I mention they are amazing!!!!

Tom got a sprite and I got fanta….there`s a serve yourself machine near the door and then we go sit, and your food is delivered to your table.

i-sm73pD3-X2.jpg

i-XnDTHHr-X2.jpg

Their prices for cocktails and drinks are very inexpensive......and we are tempted to come back tonight where they are having live music, but we ended up not doing that.

i-mWfLDgJ-X2.jpg

i-j2NDQch-X2.jpg

You can`t really see Tom`s burgers in the picture due to the egg, but they are there......he ate every morsel of this burger!!!

i-sSk7SmX-X2.jpg

And mine was just about perfect!!!! Maybe a little more avocado would have been nice, but apart from that it was gorgeous...….plenty of jalapenos which I love.....and the fries with the honey mustard were perfect...…..

i-CbCsFTB-X2.jpg

i-3tttmVT-X2.jpg

And we got to meet Beth herself...….she came over to check everything was good for us and said she was glad to hear we visited often. We said yep, we really liked it here and tried not to miss a trip every visit...….

I asked if she minded if we got a picture with Tom and her together, and her friend actually took it, and then took another with Beth`s phone....she is a lovely lady who is very friendly and chatty, and has a great business going there.

i-gn9nZkb-X2.jpg

We chatted a bit to Beth and thanked her for the picture, then set off back home where we did decide to go into the park and do the water rides. Hair up in a so called scrunched bun.....we set off.

No camera here!!!! To be honest, we felt like napping......but we braced ourselves, sun screened up and headed back into the park and we walked of course as it was in IOA. We did regret slightly doing this about half way as the temperature was obscenely hot!!! It would have been easy for one of us to say, oh let`s not bother..….but it`s such a short walk, it just felt a little longer today! But, we knew we`d soon cool down.

We both looked like drowned rats after the first venture onto Ripsaw Falls, but it was worth it.....we did that ride around 6 times, until my arms gave up dragging myself out of the boat!!! It`s not ladylike and not pretty...….but that drop is worth it......it is so fast and looks fairly steep although it`s not as steep as you think.....it`s a lot of fun.

Jurassic Park was a bit busier this afternoon. Although we didn't have any waits and got straight on every time we went through.....this is where the EP is like gold dust....we went on this around 5 times and only once did we stay dry. Well, not stay dry, we just didn't get any wetter!!!

Walking back wasn't the most fun as we were completely drenched, but we were practically dry before we hit the room......I was so glad we didn't meet anyone on the way back home.........today reached a meagre 94F. Not blazing hot, but hot enough...….

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

We showered and freshened up and decided we would just have a pool night tonight.....we do enjoy a night by the pool and neither of us wanted to leave the resort today again.....easy decision.......so around 5pm we headed up to the lounge and relaxed up there for a while....

It was Vegetarian night, which is the dish that least appeals to us anyway, not that we eat meals as meals here......I`m sure everyone who reads this knows we always eat later and around Orlando.....but the food is very good here and we do like to use it as appetisers and not a main meal.

i-KjVzZv4-X2.jpg

i-nf4zV8V-X2.jpg

i-PrKPX72-X2.jpg

We do have a little cheese with some wine and as we sit and chat, we marvel at how little we have actually done today, I felt incredibly lazy doing so little.......but we`d be back in the parks tomorrow as we had a Dis meet with an old friend...…:thumbsup2

The pool has Dive in Movies every evening, as do the other pools around the resort, and some nights the movies are good.....Potter, Pirates or Back to the Future type movies...….what did we get promised tonight.......All dogs die or something equally crappy...…..this would prove to be a dire movie!!!! But, we`re not there for the movie......we just love to do what we call moon bathing!!!!

As we are the palest of pale, we just don`t sit in the direct sun and just sunbathe, there`s no point really......although we did try it once.....we didn`t last long........

Sitting in the sun doing nothing is not for us. But, in the evening....completely different. And it was still boiling hot tonight.

We got ourselves settled down on loungers in our favourite spot and Tom immediately got in the water........he loves the pool here and he can swim so loves the fact that he almost has it to himself tonight......

i-LSxBZcV-X2.jpg

One of the barstaff comes around and I order an Island Colada for me and a Mango Margarita for Tom...….we`d order food later. I did check though as they do stop serving food well before the pool closes, which is 10pm tonight, and last order for food was around 8.45. We`d be ordering before then I was sure of that!

i-pNs7Jmv-X2.jpg

i-GwHfN7D-X2.jpg

i-hMmGSKC-X2.jpg

The drinks were lovely......I could really taste the coconut in mine......

If you keep the glass or just the receipt will do, your next cocktail is $10 instead of $15. Not a bad deal.....although I don`t think we have ever remembered to take the glass back!!!!

It wasn`t long before the screen went up for the movie, which as I said was a big disappointment for us......but we sat and chatted, went in and out the pool and of course ordered food.

i-Crvnphk-X2.jpg

This is one happy man!!!! Pool time....cocktails and food......doesn't get better than this!!!

i-mL9pDZH-X2.jpg

I even managed to snap a few shots myself tonight as Tom was in the water........the light was perfect for night shots....

i-SWLzH3j-X2.jpg

Our lady from the bar came back a little later, and we ordered a frozen sangria for Tom and a Maui Sunset for me...

i-KzZmHff-X2.jpg

Food wise Tom decided to order the pepperoni pizza which I never expected, and I asked for the Huli Chicken sandwich which i`d had a few years ago a few times, but it had been a while since I ordered that.....

i-zxCwtRx-X2.jpg

Tom`s pizza was ok. It was nothing like Jake`s regular pizza which is excellent......but just ok was his verdict. The food here all comes from Jake`s Kitchen.

Mine was again, just ok. The bread didn`t taste as coconut flavoured as it used to be and a little dry, as was the chicken. So, not the best meal we ever had, but it was edible and we did actually enjoy what we ate of it. Which wasn`t much.

i-CQXr4tG-X2.jpg

It`s just nice to be sat around the beautiful pool area and pop in and out of the water, which we did frequently.....the pool barely had 6 other people in at any time, so we could wander around without being disturbed or disturbing anyone else. But, most of the night it was just the two of us in this area.

We had no one around us where we were sitting, then as we were in the water later, a couple put their things on the loungers beside us, got in the water, spent around 2 minutes in the water and then got out and left......it must have been the shortest pool visit ever!!

i-pHXwC3f-X2.jpg

i-JhNV8MF-X2.jpg

i-kVFsmcK-X2.jpg

i-qqVWRZr-X2.jpg

This pool is perfect for us......it`s large enough you don't really get bothered by anyone, at times there are water games with a ball and it does get a little busy then, but on nights like tonight it`s fabulous.

You are surrounded by beautiful lush greenery and the lighting makes the whole area just stunning.

We stayed in the pool till 10pm tonight.....I did wish it stayed open a little later till 11pm, but this time of year it`s only till 10. Once the whistle blows, you are encouraged to leave quickly, which we do.

We go back upstairs and shower, again, and watch some tv with a glass of wine and again, wondered how we had managed to do so little today, although the walk to the parks had felt like a ten mile walk at the time!!!

Tonight we were happy to go to bed, and were already looking forward to tomorrow......more park time and a meet with a friend.

Thinking I may have to tear the family away from Mythos to try Confisco.
We had really great service and good to really good food (twice-same server) on our first trip in April at Mythos. I also didn't feel like we spent more than counter service.
Have you ever had the burger, sirloin or fajitas at Confisco? I feel like that is what the less adventurous in my family would order.

Oh you wouldn't regret it. It is so good and usually fairly quiet, I don't think I`ve ever known anyone to make a reservation. They are very well priced like Mythos, I completely agree with you, prices are not much more than CS.

We`ve had the burger and fajitas from there. Fajitas were quite a while ago, but they were very good as was their nachos.....much smaller portion than Margaritaville and Bula Bar, but nice as a light lunch.

Tom`s had the burger many times, it`s never disappointed him. Not a flashy burger, but good and tasty :thumbsup2

"Do nothing" days are great! Some people feel they always need to "GO GO GO!" but I love taking days off to just lounge.

Amen!!!!

We did enjoy it, I guess we don't feel the need to fill every single day with an activity of some kind......and I agree with you, some folks do feel that need, but, we certainly don't!!!

And we did feel incredibly refreshed having an almost do nothing day.....I think the heat was tiring us out more than we realised some days, so it was lovely.... ::yes::

The drinks were lovely......I could really taste the coconut in mine......
Those look delicious, Carol! Love the tip to keep your glass! I will remember!

It`s just nice to be sat around the beautiful pool area and pop in and out of the water, which we did frequently.....
How's the pool temperature? Do they keep the pool heated? Looks like a wonderful night!

Those look delicious, Carol! Love the tip to keep your glass! I will remember!

How's the pool temperature? Do they keep the pool heated? Looks like a wonderful night!

They are nice cocktails there.....heck, haven't met many cocktails I don't like......lol......but, yes, getting the refills is something most seem to do.

The pool was boiling hot! It is heated although I have to admit, I am a complete wimp with cold, and our December and march trips I wouldn't have dreamed of going in to the pool only because it`s not 85F and above....anything less is far too cold for this wimp!! But many are in the pool when it`s a little cooler, so it must be fine...….

It was a good night, we`d had such a relaxing day and we amazingly slept as though we had been exhausted :blush:

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 12TH

We had been here a week now.......it sounds fast, but, it hadn't felt as though time was flying past at the time which was what he hoped for. I would hate to have gone home and thought.....that flew past, but we didn't.

We had slept like babies last night. We both looked a little vague when we woke up as to what time it was, if Tom had told me it was midday I`d have believed him. But, it was only 7.30ish.....I got up immediately and pulled back our drapes to see it was going to be another glorious day. We loved that......at home so many days we pull the drapes and blinds back and see grey......endless grey and cold. Of course, that's reality, but while on vacation guaranteed hot and generally dry weather is priceless. We really didn't expect it to be dry all the time, and were pleasantly surprised how little rain we got this trip.....practically none apart from one afternoon it rained for a while, and a two blocks of around 5 minutes in the evening......the rest of the time is was hot or even hotter!

Once we were showered and dressed we made our usual visit to the lounge......we pressed for the elevator and a family of what seemed like 40 of them got us to hold as they got in........I said we were going up......they looked at me like I was speaking another language.......well, I guess I was......they started looking annoyed and got back out and obviously pressed for one going down. oops.

The lounge again was fairly quiet, but busier than yesterday. We enjoyed our breakfast again and chatted to Kayla for a little while, before heading out to the parks.......although I had to pop back down to the room and saw our lovely housekeeper had already been in.....we used to say it seems as though she was behind a door waiting for us to leave, as soon as we left for the lounge, our room was done......it was perfect for us as we sometimes come back around lunchtime to shower and change, and it was ideal to have fresh towels. If we used up those ones, Turndown replenished them at night so we had fresh in the morning. I`m not environmentally friendly at all apparently, as I do like fresh towels every shower........(and plastic straws ::yes:: ) and make no apologies for it.

Today we took a million pictures, so this day may take a while to finish....

We were going to IOA again today, so we always walk, it`s quicker than the boat usually, and the he swimming pool as we passed through it looked stunning...but our camera steamed up as soon as we brought it out this morning.......it needed to warm up before we could take an image that didn`t look foggy.

The walking path was deserted this morning, apart from one family running back from the parks......it was far too hot for that!!! But they seemed to be in a rush for something......this was the second time we had seen a family run in this heat......although there was a very sullen looking 14 year old straggling behind with her arms folded refusing to run apparently......lol.....she didn`t manage to pool off the teenage angst though as she was wearing a matching shirt same as the rest of the family with mickey mouse on the front and the words....the best family vacation ever 2019........lol.......

One of our favourite views....The beautiful and distinctive Pharos Lighthouse as you enter IOA....

i-XXxrq4N-X2.jpg

We have a little bit of a line this morning getting in the park, but we are soon through and we immediately head for the shop where we can cool down......I was already feeling the heat!!

And I do know where all the best areas to stand in here where the air conditioning blows the hardest!!!

The store is themed to match POE theme of travels far and wide and is wonderfully if delicately themed perfectly. There is so much detail to be seen in this store alone, never mind outside......

i-fxqwPKq-X2.jpg

i-fGngJsW-X2.jpg

i-RnDKcQW-X2.jpg

i-FB98pXv-X2.jpg

i-3kfVRL7-X2.jpg

i-fHHwK4T-X2.jpg

i-244R795-X2.jpg

The Dark Arts merchandise is prevalent now of course, and I`m forced to buy the glass and mug as they are so pretty in a dark way.....

i-hcjDpDz-X2.jpg

And of course, the original potter stuff is still attractive and desired despite the new wave of products coming in. One little boy was terribly excited as he thought this was the Sorting Hat......his mother didn`t have the heart to tell him it wasn't.

i-CqJkJ7j-X2.jpg

We did admittedly, buy this jumper.....not for us I`ll hasten to add.....but one of our friends is called Harry.....and he`s quite a rigid, always wears a suit or very dressy clothes.....his wife wanted this for him as she would love to see his face when he opens it for Christmas this year.......

i-Xg7V2Wk-X2.jpg

I can imagine exactly how his face will be!!!

Once we had made our purchases, which we conveniently got sent back to our room and they`ll be delivered tomorrow morning. it`s a fabulous perk for onsite guests, and if you aren't an onsite guest you can have purchases sent to the front of the park for pick up when you leave....ideal so you don't need to carry your items around all day.

We headed back out into the heat of the morning, I think it only reached 91F today, but it did feel hotter.

Later we were meeting our mate Vicki (Tink1957) and her son who we had met before too for lunch in Backwater Bar....it`s attached to Confisco and you can have the same menu as Confisco, you just sit in the bar and order there.....it`s a nice friendly bar and we always enjoy a few visits there.

i-VLHHksJ-X2.jpg

i-5h9VVJq-X2.jpg

i-DCXLhKQ-X2.jpg

Today we went anti clockwise round the park which we don`t usually do, but just for a change........

i-r8q3Qqk-X2.jpg

i-rz7NmhP-X2.jpg

i-mT3HRJB-X2.jpg

There`s never a line for this whenever we have gone in, and weird as it is, there is strangely something quite cute about it......

i-q9Gp4WD-X2.jpg

It doesn't spin as much as it used to which was nice, but it is just the oddest ride around...….well, alongside the psychedelic part of ET of course, you have to wonder what kind of mind came up with this!!!!

But Seuss area is beautiful......colourful beyond belief and it just makes you smile as you walk through it...….

i-zWVPgHb-X2.jpg

i-KrwzS3B-X2.jpg

And incredibly quiet this morning....…..

i-z6xtgsz-X2.jpg

The Trolley Train is another little favourite ride, even though it`s for kids many adults love this too......as do we. And today we are the only ones on the train.....never had one of these to ourselves before...

i-fGxL6Cs-X2.jpg

It does give you a perfect view over many areas of the park and also you go through Circus McGurkas food court...…..it`s very basic and seems to serve simple park food. We ate here a million years ago and we are in no rush to go back.

i-pQbdPSM-X2.jpg

i-w7PKJ3r-X2.jpg

i-QzqFMW7-X2.jpg

The views are very good and you do get a Seuss story as you go through the track of which there are two.....I prefer the other side as you go right over the water and it is a little high, but it is nicer.

Mythos is very close too....

i-CJ3MXwK-X2.jpg

The store as you come out of the ride is again colourful and fully stocked with every kind of treat you can imagine....including a cotton candy machine which we haven't ever taken advantage of yet, but the cotton candy looks lovely, and huge!!!!

i-DPWVn9p-X2.jpg

i-bG6Xx2S-X2.jpg

i-cVg4fdG-X2.jpg

More park time coming up.........

We left Seuss and headed towards Potter through the beautiful Lost Continent.

i-gwRx4NB-X2.jpg

We are missing some flame today, but still a good photo opportunity for many people......

i-BMpcXSJ-X2.jpg

We wander round the front of Mythos today and it is so quiet, we are the only ones round here today and take our time. It`s always interesting to look over to the JP visitors centre and see the evolution going on here with the new ride going up in the future......big changes ahead.

i-cwvNmxP-X2.jpg

i-2Dvr6MR-X2.jpg

i-45nTMjr-X2.jpg

i-mZZnnmM-X2.jpg

Poseidon`s Adventure seems to split people...….some love it, some hate it...…..we don`t hate it exactly, but wouldn`t do it again unless we were forced to under duress!!!! The water vortex is quite cool, and it`s physically cool but that's about it. But, the building is stunning!

i-DBNm4ZW-X2.jpg

The store to the side of Poseidon holds some amazing items......some beautiful jewellery pieces and all sorts of little odd items for sale, and some very pretty items too. It`s a strangely odd little store and always quiet.

i-jZTCJqm-X2.jpg

i-SqQrL8f-X2.jpg

i-vMSRtk4-X2.jpg

i-7HBSsQs-X2.jpg

i-7DpNQK9-X2.jpg

We then wander round to Potter for a little while.....we were still too early for lunch at Backwater Bar......

i-6gmkgZK-X2.jpg

The 3B`s are our first stop this morning...…..we shared a lemonade and sat at our favourite table beside the original 3 Broomsticks on the wall...

i-xrLHtk4-X2.jpg

i-Rn3s6Jm-X2.jpg

The lemonade is sharp and refreshing, and yes, I did bring my plastic straws with me......some in each handbag so I`m never without them.....

We spend around 20 minutes in here and it`s getting busy with folks eating so we head out and immediately and see the crowds building to try get on Hagrid`s ride...…nope, not waiting in that line!!!

I pop to the bathroom and a lady with a pushchair had asked Tom what the line was for......he told her they`re hoping the ride opens today......she looked at him in complete disbelief and asked if he was kidding.....lol.....he said no, it was a much anticipated ride.....she confirmed again.....but they`re lining up and it`s not even open? Yes he said...….she walked away shaking her head.....I guess she hadn't heard about they hype for the ride!

i-gKkgSZJ-X2.jpg

We didn't take a whole lot of images today, I think we have them all anyway...….but I do like a few in every day we visit anyway.....

i-g3RVsQG-X2.jpg

i-cgKqpx6-X2.jpg

I think everyone was in Dervish and Banges today.....the taking of pictures higher up disguises the crowds in the store, it was busy, one of those days you just couldn't move around easily.

i-pdm4FDN-X2.jpg

i-2VJ5VHL-X2.jpg

i-nL3rbQr-X2.jpg

This is where you can send postage stamps and anything else with the Hogwarts Stamp for no extra charge. It`s always a popular thing to do here.

They sell postcards here and the stamps too, but you can bring your own and they`ll happily still stamp them for you

i-fCjcgvN-X2.jpg

Back towards Backwater, we stop by the Fountain for a little bit...…it was the same voice as last time and he is so funny, and very grown up in his humour today...…..we even chat very briefly to him today, and he loves the fact we come from Scotland as he can tease us mercilessly about being Scottish...…which he does so well!!!!

i-Z6kmK6G-X2.jpg

Eventually we leave to a rousing rendition of an old Scottish song called The Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond...….it is a rousing rendition I have to say!!!

There is new group setting up, well new to us and they play distinctive music suitable for the area I have to say...….and I loved that about Universal Studios Park, they have music set up in different places around the park, and IOA were definitely following suit.

i-bPwPRtf-X2.jpg

We walked past Mythos and saw a new (to us) photo op here......She-Ra was just arriving and although character pictures aren't a priority for us any more, we couldn't resist, especially as she spoke to us as came closer, and we were now first in line to see her.

i-kV4rMG7-X2.jpg

This was a good meet. She chatted for ages, and really interacted in an amazing manner...….she again, picked up the Scottish accent.....well, everyone can really....the accent does start some conversations, especially as mine is a little mixed...….but this encounter was fun and we`d look out for her again......

As we walked away the family at the end of the line stopped us and said they did think I was Australian, which happens a lot with me over here...…lol.....I said nope, but at least you didn't confuse me with being French the way one person had a few years ago?????? I don't sound remotely French in any way shape or form!!!!

They asked if we`d ever been there, and our short answer was no. A definite no. And not a country I`d ever visit or had any desire to visit....well, maybe just for the F1 Grand Prix...…they looked a little bemused and asked why........so I kind of told them briefly why I would never go there.....

Enough said. :thumbsup2

I`m not sure if I offended them or not, hopefully not, but they wished us a safe trip and mumbled among themselves.....lol.....probably thought what a silly view she has...…but, each to their own.......I hate spiders, snakes and all creepy crawlies apart from bees and ladybirds.......why would I go to where all the aforementioned creatures have perfected the art of killing us in the most vicious ways imaginable!!!! Yes, the USA has some too......but I just don`t think about it...….a lot!!!!

Back through to Seuss, we did get a couple of snaps...…..I always giggle when I see little boys or similar minds have a laugh at this sign....:rotfl:

i-Bw5XKqn-X2.jpg

i-8kqT5p3-X2.jpg

This pink is like the pink in Diagon Alley that makes me think of the medication you take to settle your tummy!!!! It is very pink!!!

i-t3kJBKm-X2.jpg

i-qBRhKGb-X2.jpg

We again run into the Grinch......definitely our favourite Seuss character....actually the only Seuss Character we really like if I`m honest.....

I find Thing 1 and 2 quite disturbing truth be told!!!

i-wkwBvQ7-X2.jpg

They were just setting up the meet so we again got first in line and again, the interaction is excellent...….

The first thing he did was take of Tom`s Yankees hat and rub it under his armpit...…..he is so funny!!!! It`s amazing how you can kind of have a whole conversation with a character who doesn't talk!! But, you can.....

i-SC8QcqL-X2.jpg

i-6fMNTBf-X2.jpg

i-NjQ4F8t-X2.jpg

Meet over, it`s time to go and meet Vicki and Trey for lunch......and Seuss is still incredibly quiet........

i-zXqXXn5-X2.jpg

Lunch up next...…….

BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS!!! Feeling very wistful and sentimental about IOA seeing the photos.:blush:
The park was looking especially beautiful that day.

She-Ra, oh my, she was the very favorite of my younger niece....I bought her all of the 'dolls' or characters, the castle and so forth when she was small.
She is 38 now, I didn't even know that character was still around.
The Owl Post was one of my favorite spots in Potter, well that and the castle and the Three Broomsticks and Hagrids and Honeydukes and Olivanders, and and. :rotfl2:

I'm with you, I recycle but by golly I want a clean towel when I bathe/shower and I want a real straw.::yes::

BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS!!! Feeling very wistful and sentimental about IOA seeing the photos.:blush:
The park was looking especially beautiful that day.

She-Ra, oh my, she was the very favorite of my younger niece....I bought her all of the 'dolls' or characters, the castle and so forth when she was small.
She is 38 now, I didn't even know that character was still around.
The Owl Post was one of my favorite spots in Potter, well that and the castle and the Three Broomsticks and Hagrids and Honeydukes and Olivanders, and and. :rotfl2:

I'm with you, I recycle but by golly I want a clean towel when I bathe/shower and I want a real straw.::yes::

Thank you.......I do love a good picture or two of the park when I’m not there too, yes, I know what you mean, it does make us wistful.

That was the first time we’ve seen She-ra, she was amazing and yes one of my nieces used to love it too.......along with Madonna though......lol.....

Yes, we have four or ten favourite spots in the parks too...... :rotfl:

Yes, recycling is one thing, but it’s gone crazy with some things!! I have four boxes of 1000 straws at home.......I won’t run out anytime soon.....lol.....

Thinking I may have to tear the family away from Mythos to try Confisco. We had really great service and good to really good food (twice-same server) on our first trip in April at Mythos. I also didn't feel like we spent more than counter service. Have you ever had the burger, sirloin or fajitas at Confisco? I feel like that is what the less adventurous in my family would order.

Burgers there are goooood. :worship: I'm a little old school when it comes to burgers - just bacon and cheese. All the creative versions people now like with fried eggs, peanut butter or other ingredients are not really my thing.

Confisco's burger was simple, but so fresh and delicious. We tried this place on our last trip - based upon Carole's TR - and it was love at first taste. (My only fear is thanks to the popularity of these TRs, the secret will be out!) It was nice last time we were there: no long wait for a table.

Last edited:
Their prices for cocktails and drinks are very inexpensive......and we are tempted to come back tonight where they are having live music, but we ended up not doing that.
you're killing me with that drink menu - :tongue:around here, you seldom see a cocktail or glass of wine sell for under $11-12 minimum and usually much higher. Love places with live music too. Wish our trips were longer so we could check this place out.

My daughter doesn't love scary rides (and this includes roller coasters AND rides like Kong), she was a trooper, though. I think her favorite parts of the trip were the pool and the cotton candy! It took all three of the kids to eat it, though!

Attachments

• 20190402_140227.jpg
    20190402_140227.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 20
Burgers there are goooood. :worship: I'm a little old school when it comes to burgers - just bacon and cheese. All the creative versions people now like with fried eggs, peanut butter or other ingredients are not really my thing.

Confisco's burger was simple, but so fresh and delicious. We tried this place on our last trip - based upon Carole's TR - and it was love at first taste. (My only fear is thanks to the popularity of these TRs, the secret will be out!) It was nice last time we were there: no long wait for a table.
you're killing me with that drink menu - :tongue:around here, you seldom see a cocktail or glass of wine sell for under $11-12 minimum and usually much higher. Love places with live music too. Wish our trips were longer so we could check this place out.

Tom loves an egg with his burger, and various other toppings too, but he does enjoy the simpler ones too. and Confisco Grille is one of the nicest.

Someone else said I shouldn`t tell anyone about a few places we go in case it get`s busier!!!

Beth`s is fabulous.......great prices for good food and drinks is always nice. I think night times in there would be a lot of fun, but we`ve never managed to make it then.....maybe next year....... :thumbsup2

My daughter doesn't love scary rides (and this includes roller coasters AND rides like Kong), she was a trooper, though. I think her favorite parts of the trip were the pool and the cotton candy! It took all three of the kids to eat it, though!

Love that picture!!! I do need to get one...even if we don't eat it, doesn't matter but I love candy floss!!!

Glad your daughter had such a lovely time despite not riding many of the things available......the pool is a fun pool!!

It was lovely walking in to the cool temperature inside Backwater Bar and we got a table easily as there were only a couple of folks sat at the bar today.

We got there just before Vicki and Trey. We had met Vicki for a drink with Monyk last year, but we had missed each other a few times at HHN previous years. And it had been several years since we had spent time with Trey, so we were looking forward to it.

Tom ordered a sangria, but I went with a red wine......certainly wouldn't recommend their red wine on it`s own. But the sangria has a certain something, mainly cheap wine and not much else, but it was drinkable.

i-j4FTwFw-X2.jpg

At that point Vicki and Trey arrived and it was so lovely to see them again...….we`ve known Vicki a long time, we couldn't quite pinpoint the year we first met but it was a good few years ago now.

Once we all had drinks we chatted away and then ordered our meals.......Vicki and I both ordered the ribs, Trey the Pad Thai and Tom went for the new pork sandwich with French Fries...…..

i-vvPcXbN-X2.jpg

i-BfVhktN-X2.jpg

They were all lovely, Tom enjoyed his sandwich but for me I wouldn't order it as the bread was incredibly crusty, and as someone with crowns, I wouldn't ever order it. But he enjoyed it and said the pork was delicious.

i-TwqzkhL-X2.jpg

We spent a few hours chatting and laughing the afternoon away and generally catching up with what was going on with all of us. But, it was again soon time to say goodbye for this trip and we did remember to take some pictures together, we should have got someone to take one of the four of us, but we didn't think till later...….it`s always later you think of these things!

i-qWdtpJ9-X2.jpg

We wandered slowly back to the hotel, and noticed the boats had stopped running, and the pool was closed, so we guessed there was lightning around. There was no rain whatsoever right now though, just incredibly hot.

It was lovely being back inside in the cool, we went up to our room and both went for a snooze. Not a long snooze for me as I just don`t like to snooze a lot, but I left Tom to his nap and got showered and changed before heading up to the lounge with my ipad and let him sleep a little longer.

Lounge was very quiet right now as food wasn't being served yet, so I had a water and chatted as the lounge filled up a little......it`s always a sign food is being served...….and today was Mexican Night......

i-8mK8FBQ-X2.jpg

i-LKBB24N-X2.jpg

i-hfjQXP5-X2.jpg

i-wCHM8qz-X2.jpg

i-Bp4bkHx-X2.jpg

i-kxCJ6Wr-X2.jpg

Tom soon appeared all freshly showered too, and guessed I`d be up here sitting waiting for him.....yep.....I was here!

We both had a little of the pulled pork with sour cream for me and some tabasco, Tom had a little bit of the coleslaw too which he enjoyed....it has too many things I don't like in it, I prefer the potato salad from American night....it is lovely!!! But, we didn't have much as it was just as taster....but nice. And a couple of glasses of wine.

It didn't stay quiet for very long, but it never seems to be crammed full and everyone always has a chair to sit in......and it is a lovely lounge to spend time in. The staff genuinely look after you so well.

We soon headed out for the boat as we were going to HHN tonight.....and we had already heard it was busy early on......we went in well after seven tonight, and used the hotel guest entrance again so didn't see if there was still a line at the main gates, and it did look busy as we wandered through the first zone by Minions...….we tend to forget how busy it can get sometimes, and I still wouldn't say this was anywhere near as busy as it can get.....we`ve seen it where you just can`t move....there is a swarm of people surrounding you and I`m not fond of crowds like that....but tonight is not as bad as that.

It`s always funny when folks say they want a quiet night to visit HHN.....there really isn`t a defined quiet night and hasn't been for years....you`ll get a night that might be quieter slightly, but it is such a popular event it`s always busy. One might say a Wednesday is quiet, but we had one slightly less mobbed Wednesday and a very busy one. So, it`s just your luck.

Tonight we go straight to Ghostbusters...…..the regular line is 60 minutes, I did try to remember to write down the non EP lines if I noticed them......I didn't manage to remember every time......so we went in the EP line and did have a wait of around 15 minutes to get in tonight......and there had been a little breeze in the air, but it was now airless...…..I got my blue chines fan out and was using it to try and cool down a little......a lady in front of me offered me $50 for it...….lol.....I did let her use it for a moment.....and as she spoke, I recognised her accent.....and as we spoke, it turns out her and her husband were from the same area as Tom and I originally came from......small world. They lived about ten minutes from where Tom grew up......and it is quite a recognisable accent.....so we had a good old chat and I switched straight into broad Scots....which is strange for folks who have known me for a long time and then hear me go brogue......and when I do go into broad Scots in front of my English or American friends...….their faces are sometimes a picture.......

I love it!!!!!!!

I do like being able to get pictures of the underside of RRR....and most cars were empty tonight.......I think everyone was on the ground for the houses......

i-WgSzwW2-X2.jpg

We chatted all the way in to the house, but it did feel like rain at this point, we hoped not.

Ghostbusters was a really good house tonight......there were new scenes added which were excellent and I really noticed the marshmallow aroma, it was very noticeable without being overpowering.....but so much fun!!!! And being able to high five a Ghostbuster is always fun!!!!!

Coming out of this house we immediately see it`s raining, and heavy......I never bring an umbrella or anything in case it rains, we just get wet. And we did get wet as we walked to the next house...….

i-2jJ6ftL-X2.jpg

It is a short walk to the entrance of Yeti, but once you are out the back of the soundstages, you are completely open to the elements......and the rain is bouncing down at this point.....yes, we got soaked......

Yeti was excellent.....truly excellent. It was scary and funny all at the same time....we even had a slight conversation with one of the hunters in the house....we were delayed for a few moments and he stayed completely in character and asked if we`d ever hunted yeti`s....I said no, but we`re Scottish and do go looking for the Loch Ness Monster.....well, he didn't expect that and roared with laughter.......and we started moving at that point and the Yeti`s were exceptional tonight......it was a lot of fun and I got a lot of scares......

When we came out the rain had gone off thankfully...but we were still drenched, so we did US which was again better that the previous night, but it still didn`t scare me enough to be desperate to do the house again. But, we would. Tonight the line was 60 minutes, but it looked longer...we got in within ten minutes.

Stranger Things....I honestly can`t remember if we did this house tonight.....Tom says we did, but I don't think we did as I found it incredibly boring the first night...

i-7CXxHRB-X2.jpg

i-VLpBLqT-X2.jpg

This zone is incredibly well done, but apart from the occasional SA in your face it`s not the scariest of zones......but I do manage to get a few jumps in there...

i-F5bsGFJ-X2.jpg

Looking out over the lagoon you can see the almost full moon appearing through the ever decreasing clouds.......it`s a beautiful evening now, and not too hot, but everyone is complaining of the humidity now.....

i-nTvQtv9-X2.jpg

One of the two scare zones we do like is the Viking one.....but we don`t get a lot of SA images tonight as they are moving too quickly for one, and there`s too much fog around for another...….it is fun and we do enjoy a wander through here......

i-MPLtxQh-X2.jpg

i-cTCnwC8-X2.jpg

This SA is freaky!!! It is quite disturbing to watch and the movements and expressions are very defined and clever....it is more than a little scary.

i-9V2vCfS-X2.jpg

i-6wnrBsW-X2.jpg

We have a drink here before we go any further, I think it was powerade as we won`t touch the bottled water anymore, and it was nice to sit for 5 minutes before doing anything else. We did notice a lot of people were drinking water and powerade tonight...…..we do like to take 10 minutes to just sit and people watch. You do see some weird things at times, and some very cute things too......

And it was so busy round here.

i-FxVhHBk-X2.jpg

We want to go to Monsters and Graveyard Games tonight and we do think twice simply because of the walk...….it might sound wimpish, well, it does sound wimpish I know.....but the thought of the double walk in the heat is off putting......but we just thank our lucky stars we have EP and just head in to both houses......

Monsters is first......the regular line was 65 minutes and we thought EP may take a little longer than usual, but it wasn't too bad, it was 15 minutes till we reached the house, and we had some fun folks around us again tonight.......another pair of Canadians who entertained everybody with their humour...….unfortunately behind us we had a guy who was just loud......he asked almost everyone that was walking past....."how was it.....good....worth it"...….try hearing that every few seconds for 15 minutes......

I thought the Canadian guy was going to yell that at him at one point.....but he didn`t......

We were so looking forward to this house again.....

i-tpTGBBq-X2.jpg

i-Z6n5wv2-X2.jpg

And it was fabulous......completely fabulous and we got every scare going tonight and we saw the Hunchback which we had missed previously.......

Although I saw the guy behind me a few times, reach out to touch the SA......a big no no.......he was trying to pat them on the back if he could to tell them good job.....I`m sure they were thrilled......he did touch one and the SA turned to see who it was and he tried to high five him......the SA was less than impressed. I`m not sure if anyone said anything to him or not, but he had an old horror night tee-shirt on so I`m guessing it wasn`t his first rodeo.....so he should know you never touch a SA.

I was glad to be rid of him in the next house...…...

We went straight back round to do Graveyard Games...….the regular line was 50 minutes and again, it took us about 15 minutes to get into the actual house......and I would have waited longer for it tonight as it was fantastic!!!! Even Tom got a few jumps tonight........this house is eerie and creepy and all things that HHN should be.......give us ten houses of this calibre and we`d be completely over the moon!!!! These two houses were the complete stars of this years event.

We go back towards the front of the park still going through the Viking zone tonight and it`s a little clearer now, but much busier...…..

i-kQTHWVG-X2.jpg

i-qTRjdMV-X2.jpg

And of course the traditional picture of Mel`s Die in...…

i-vHpZkDL-X2.jpg

More coming up.......

Last edited:
We had a walk through Vanity Ball, and it was ok tonight....one or two of the sets had SA performing their show.....I have to admit one of the sets I thought was a dentist chair the first time I saw it before I realised it was plastic surgery as the main theme.....

The Catwalk was quite fun, and there were one or two stand out SA on this but the rest were a little lacklustre…..however the MC was excellent and interacted well with the crowds.....very funny.

i-NfsGbtv-X2.jpg

i-296b64Q-X2.jpg

But, they were very dramatic at searching for their next victim.....

i-XN2PSqp-X2.jpg

i-qVWnLWJ-X2.jpg

i-NbrvHVF-X2.jpg

This little show was funny, although their victims looked distraught as they left.....lol....

We went into Killer Klowns which was showing a 30 minute wait...with EP we never even stopped except to get the EP scanned.....walked straight in......the house was fun, and close to the beginning I got bashed in the hand by an early Klown….it hurt and I didn`t know what it was, I saw later it was like a red heart shaped box of chocolates he was carrying.....he must have felt it or heard me yell out as it hit me, as he stopped and looked at me as I held my hand, well wrist really and managed to gesture was I ok.....I put my thumbs up to say all was well. he waved to me which was quite funny.....it was just one of those things, my hand went back as he swung the box out.

This house was funny....and I like you can press buttons which can soak you a little with water if you press as you pass......I do like a little interaction in the houses......

We would do this house again. Not scary in the slightest, and some of the Klowns were hilarious and very good.

We had a quick look at the first zone again, and we did like the light effect over the top of it......quite impressive.

i-7XxK5QQ-X2.jpg

i-KPVhMcs-X2.jpg

But, the zone itself was a bit of a let down. The SA themselves were excellent as always, but the design of the zone itself was lacking in any kind of scare or horror.

It was time for us to leave the park now and we as always, go through the store...it`s a good place to cool down.

i-vc7fFkc-X2.jpg

Don`t think an Oscar will be forthcoming for this scared performance!!!

i-25rw9D3-X2.jpg

We didn`t wait too long for a boat tonight, and I said if Sapphire`s boat came first we`d go there.....but RP was first to arrive, so Jake`s it was for some food. We had another fun boat Capt who played YMCA all the way home.....and most joined in......it`s always fun when folks do.

We chatted about the night again, and we both were still amazed at the amount of little kids at this event. This was the second time we had seen a baby of around 6 months being carried around in arms and so many toddlers. It amazed us folks would take babies and toddlers so young. That aside, the event is always so much fun, and we never see any trouble whenever we have gone.

It was fairly quiet in Jake`s and we each ordered a crawfish chowder, and a bowl of sweet potato fries to share...….strawberry lemonade for me and Tom got a sangria sunset. It was late and I didn't feel like a cocktail. Our waiter asked if we were having the chowder before we even ordered it tonight......lol....I guess we can be a little bit predictable at times!!

i-qQqLbRp-X2.jpg

i-37kvGHL-X2.jpg

i-nMPPHmQ-X2.jpg

i-ckmWmwt-X2.jpg

Food was so good. That crawfish chowder is beautiful, peppery and very creamy......and the fries were perfect. Tom enjoyed his cocktail and I tasted it and it wasn`t for me this one.

We chatted to one of the staff we know well for a while, then all of a sudden I began to yawn and we decided it was late and time to head up to our room.

Tom asked if I wanted a glass of wine, I laughed and said i just wanted to go to bed. Turndown had as usual, closed the drapes over in both rooms, I usually open the sitting area ones, but tonight, I popped the water in the fridge and went straight to bed. I was shattered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts