Who Would I call For A Locker Charge Dispute?

Susie*Q

Mouseketeer
I visited Disneyland 2/14/11 and tried to rent a locker at California Adventure using my credit card. It kept saying "Can't process...Unable to...." So I went to the gift shop and got exact change to rent one with cash.

Now a $7 charge shows up on my credit card statement for a locker. I can't dispute it with the credit card company because the locker rental machine doesn't have a transction cancelled button. THe merchant for the locker is American Lockers not Disneyland. There is no phone number for American Lockers.

Does anyone have a phone number for Disneyland guest services so I could speak with someone?

Thanks!

Thanks Cathy.

I'll see what happens. It's just $7 bucks, but as an AP holder I've spent a ton of money at the resort this year and last year, and there should be a way to prove that you cancelled a transaction in case of a dispute...no matter if it is $7 or $177.

Susie, I would think that it would most convenient and simple to dispute the charge directly with your credit card company. They handle dealing with the locker company and all you have to do is fill out a form.

Even if there is no transaction cancel button, you can indeed dispute it with the credit card company. If they tell you otherwise, tell them you will report it to the regulatory agency for credit cards (I forget the name of it, but you can find it on google and mention it by name).

In addition, since you are an AP holder, then you could just go into guest relations the next time that you are in there, bring any and all documentation that you might have with you, such as credit card statements and if the locker machine printed out a receipt or if you took a picture of it displaying the error message. If they don't or can't resolve it with your credit card company, ask if they can at least give you a $7 gift card, I would think this would be a good compromise, it gives you your money and at the same time costs them far less than the $7 as they would normally be making a huge profit on anything that you would be purchasing with it.

This is also a good time to remind everyone to always take a picture of a machine that is displaying an error message such as this to you.

You should be able to call the credit card company and they'll give you back the $7 credit without any problems. I used to work for a credit card call center and any disputes under $10 were automatically approved in the card holders favor.

Well, I called guest services, very nice, they transfered my to their credit card department. I left a message and they called back within 15 minutes. Disney told me that American Lockers is an outside vendor. They gave me American Lockers phone number which I called only to find out that they are closed today...pres. day. So I'll try again in the morning.

P.S. American Lockers 1-800-762-6937 8 am to 5 pm central standard time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter