Who will be there the first week of July? Plans for toy story land?

HappyGrape

DIS Veteran
So, will you be there? If so - have you made your plan. What day do you plan to visit HS. What will be your strategy?

My plan is to avoid that park altogether. I will focus on the other 3 parks and hope the crowds leave Pandora in AK to visit toy story.

We are walking headfirst into the lion’s den with fast passes for Slinky Dog at 9:00am on June 30th...

Yep, us to. We're so excited!!! We have FP+ for Slinky at 10:30am. We could have made them for 9am, but we want to sleep in. We'll be there and just enjoy it. Personally, I don't understand the mindset of completely avoiding HS. Sure, it'll be crazy busy, but so what? I want to see it, and this is our chance. It's a story our kids will be able to tell their kids when they get older "We were there for opening day of Toy Story Land"

We've got FPs for all three TSL rides on July 4th. I htink I start at 8:30 with TSMM, then Slinky then Saucers. Hopefully a lot of the crowd will be married to Woody and we can steal a ride on TOT or Star Tours before the lines get too bad. We've got an 11:30 lunch at the Diner, and then off to AK for FoP, Safari and Everest before ROL.

I know it's going to be nuts, but it will be fun to see the rides so soon after they get them going.

We've got FPs for all three TSL rides on July 4th. I htink I start at 8:30 with TSMM, then Slinky then Saucers. Hopefully a lot of the crowd will be married to Woody and we can steal a ride on TOT or Star Tours before the lines get too bad. We've got an 11:30 lunch at the Diner, and then off to AK for FoP, Safari and Everest before ROL.

I know it's going to be nuts, but it will be fun to see the rides so soon after they get them going.

You are so lucky to have FP for all three rides! We start our trip June 24 and have a HS day planned before the area opens and another day planned for July 1. I guess we will FP slinky dog that day and wait in line for the saucer ride maybe at rope drop. We don’t care too much about toy story since we have ridden it so many times but if the line isn’t ridiculous we will hit it too or maybe we can FP it before the land opens. Our trip is until July 9 but those are the only full days we have planned there. If we are ridiculously lucky we can hit a soft open - we also have AP if they go that route although our vouchers won’t be activated until we get there so not sure if they would email us about soft open anyway.

I've got AK at 60+6, and HS at 60+7, for the third week in July. My FP window opens the end of next week. I think my chances are pretty good for both FoP and Slinky, but if not I'll just make the most of walking around HS. It's going to be fun to see a new land!

How is it looking for getting fastpasses for Toy Story? Are there still any fastpasses open for opening week at all? We are going over the 4th? Flying in on the 1st, but wondered if there will be a chance to get any fastpassses for the toy story rides at 60 days with only 5 Park days? We are annual passholders so we will be back again later the in summer or early fall but just wondered.

You are so lucky to have FP for all three rides! We start our trip June 24 and have a HS day planned before the area opens and another day planned for July 1. I guess we will FP slinky dog that day and wait in line for the saucer ride maybe at rope drop. We don’t care too much about toy story since we have ridden it so many times but if the line isn’t ridiculous we will hit it too or maybe we can FP it before the land opens. Our trip is until July 9 but those are the only full days we have planned there. If we are ridiculously lucky we can hit a soft open - we also have AP if they go that route although our vouchers won’t be activated until we get there so not sure if they would email us about soft open anyway.

I'd take credit, but it was the CL FPs that made it work. If we didn't have that option, I don't think we'd try HS this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter