Who will be at DVC in July

antnee

Chasing Amy
we have a trip planned down the week of the 4th. Is anyone else going. Unfortunately it is my only vacation time this year and I can imagine it will be busy. Has anyone ever been there that week before? We hope it will be a good trip. :D

We went last summer for the 4th, but not as DVC members yet.

It was really hot but as long as we had on hats (definitely a must) and left the parks for rest in the afternoon we were okay. Only stayed in the parks for the 3:00 MK parade one day, other then that we were out of the parks by 2:00.

It was crowded but as long as we were at the parks for rope drop we were able to accomplish a lot with the fast pass system.

Spent the 4th at AK, was not crowded at all. Then went to rest, swim, and headed to the MK to eat dinner and watch the fireworks. Be warned the MK will be packed. We ate and then worked our way back out of the park and watched the fireworks from were they launch the boats. We probably had the best viewing area there is and only about 10 other people with us. The majority of the fireworks actually came from the beaches across seven seas lagoon. Had a 360 degree view of fireworks. The only down side is that you can't see Tink fly, but beating everyone to the bus stop sure made up for that.

Have fun!

Lori

We will be at our BWV "home" from July 7-12--me, DH, DD age 10, DD age 7, DS age 3, and my mom and dad.
Mom and Dad leave July 12 and we have two days at the Poly, followed by our first two days at our VWL "home" July 14-16.
Robin M.

We will be at BWV from July 6 - 13. Though we bought back in 2000 during a stay at BWI, this will be our first trip to our BWV home!

We will be at the BCV from July 4-12 in a 2 bdrm. This will be our visit "home" and we are so excited. I hope to snag a Fireworks(to MK) or Illuminations cruise in the 4th. Can't decide which would be better. Any thoughts? If I get either one I will definately post here for another family to share our good fortune.

We arrive at BCV on July 8th. I have been to WDW before during the July 4th week.....it's not bad as long as you stay away from the MK on the 4th - it's wall to wall people (sweaty people).

We'll be in a 1 BR at BCV from 7/1-7/5... can't wait to be there for the opening of our new home! We were there for the Fourth of July last year, but, as another poster said, it was crowded but tolerable. The MK did reach parking capacity that day, but I think they were still letting people in who came over from other WDW parks.

We went to Epcot for the fireworks (had ressies at Rose and Crown), and it was fantastic!

I'm not sure but I don't believe there will be a cruise for the MK fireworks on the 4th since the majority of fireworks come from the beaches in front of the Poly and GF. I know last year they cleared the beaches and didn't let anyone watch from there. There was a lot of soot coming down before the end of the show last year.

Lori

My ds's want to do the Illuminations cruise but we have done that before. Since we will have my 82 year old mom in a wheelchair with us we don't want to deal with retreating crowds after the "big show" on the 4th. Maybe we will do the Illuminations after all. We have the music on a CD and listen to it in the car all the time. We all love it.

Hey Antnee,

We'll be there at BCV July 3-July12. We are adding on points at BCV right now, but I used my VWL points for this ressie.

Cookie, guess what, we're neighbors!!

We'll be there June 28-July8 at the BWV. I have a question re: fireworks on the 4th - I have a PS at Kona and was then planning to go down to the beach to watch them from there, is it true that they will be clearing the beach at the Poly?? I'd hate to find this out too late to make other plans. I had also considered going to the rooftop of the Contemporary, but figured the beach at the Poly had much more room for everyone to spread out.

Hi antnee

We will be at OKW from July7th to July19th. Can't wait!! July can't come fast enough!!

Hey Mary Jo, you and cookie are both my neighbors!! What a small world, and we're all going to be in WDW at the same time!:)

KMR- I don't know first hand that they cleared the beach last year but that is what we were told. I personally don't see how they could have let anyone be on the beach since that is where they were shooting the fireworks from. By the way there was lots of smoke. I wouldn't have wanted to be there if they had let me.

Just an FYI.

Lori

Hi TeresaNJ!! Maybe we will meet this summer. That would be fun. We are staying at OKW but are in the midst of adding on points at BCV. The paperwork STILL hasn't arrived!! SIGH!! Oh, we live in the Monroe Township in Middlesex County--is that near you?

Hi Everyone,

My family and I and some friends will be in OKW 6/26-7/5.
Looking forward to it crowded or not.
This is our first year as DVC owners. We got to experience it last year thanks to some close friends who shared their BWV home with us.
It was love at first sight. But I appreciate the heads up on the beach thing that's where we intended to watch the fireworks from.

Thanks DISer's
Lisa (VWL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter