Who wants the scoop on the store pins plus other Disney store stuff?

kellyla

<font color=6666CC>Pooh Beanie-aholic<br><font col
After talking to a few people today,I was able to get some info about the pins in storage.We arent supposed to know about this until Monday.The Disney Store is starting a new program.Mondays will be Mickey Mondays.Guests will be given $10 coupons(no purchase necessary)to use.You must buy something worth at least $20.Tuesdays will Tarzan Tuesdays where all boys fashions will be 20% off.Wednesdays will be Wishing Wednesdays but I cant remember what that will be.Thursdays will be Tiggeriffic Thursdays where they will be giving away free product.This is where the pins come in.When you buy a specific amount of goods you will be given stuff like the boxed up pins and the adult clothes that will be disappearing on Sunday.Fridays will be Fantasy Fridays where all girls clothing will be 20% off.There willl also be special Donald Days where for example you buy $80 and you will get $40 in coupons.These will be accumulative.So if you buy $160 you will get $80.It was explained to me that Disney has taught it's customers to buy stuff only when it goes on sale.So hopefully this will bring customers into the stores.I also found out the Yorkdale store will close in August for renovation and will be done like the new stores in the US.For example you will pass through castle doors to get to all of the girls clothing.The sections will all be themed.

Thats all the scoop for now( at least I hope it is a scoop)

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Thanks for letting us know. Now I hope gas prices go down so I can make Daily trips to T.O.

HOLY COW! Am I glad I'm a part of this network! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

You are absolutely right about buying Disney stuff on sale. I can't remember when I bought anything there at regular price. Generally speaking, I buy wholesale or 'on sale' most of the time.

Wow! That's a lot to remember... Thanks for the heads up Kelly :p I'm looking forward to the new promos ... hoping to get a couple more trading pins before my trip!

Daily Visits to the DS! I like that!

Thanks Kellyla for the scoop!

Oh A Shopping we will go, A shopping we will go!

Sandra, I can't get there until the pm so don't buy out all the good stuff before I can get there!LOL

See you guys next Sunday!

Scratch
:smooth:

Thanks for the update, Kelly. I hope there are going to be pins for sale, too. There really isn't much else for me to buy in the DS as my kids are too old.

There isnt really anything for me to buy at the Disney Store either except for the Pooh beanies here and there.I asked about them bringing back the collectibles and the home stuff and they werent too optimistic about any of that stuff coming back to the stores anytime soon.Apparently when they went to the conference last fall the Canadian managers were discussing with them how the Canadian market is being left out(in terms of the catalogue and the on-line store and the shipping costs involved)and apparently Disney countered by saying how much it costs for them to ship the product up here(shipping,duty) and how they dont make enough money on our market.I was told they were in the middle of their 6 year plan so dont be too surprised if they bring back the adult stuff,collectibles,home stuff within the next five years(thats a long time to wait)

I might be missing something here, but what is being sold on Sunday? Pins? Thanks !!

Just wanted to clarify a few things for everyone about the new Disney Dayz promotions. Kellyla had most of the correct info.

Mickey Mondays... as kellyla said.

Tarzan Tuesdays.... boys stuff is only 10% off, not 20% as Kellyla had said.

Wish Wednesdays.... this is a day where certain items will be offered at $10. There will also be certain items that can only be purchased for $10 when you spend $40 before taxes. Example, this week some of the $10 items you could buy were: boys 3-pack underwear, mini bean bag plush, some of the girls t-shirts. If you spent a minimum of $40 then you could choose to purchase Stitch plush, young simba plush, or a taking princess doll for $10.

Tiggerific Thursdays..... this is a gift with purchase day. Today, for example, when you spend $20 you get your choice of a free magic towel (the one you put in water and it expands to a face cloth).

Fairytale Fridays.... girls stuff (including Jessie from toy story) is 10% off. However, tomorrow will not be Fairytale Friday b/c Disney has decided to have the stores start the week-end promotion early.

Goofy Week-Ends... Saturday and Sunday (except this week, as I said above, it includes Friday as well). Unfortunately, I'm not sure if Disney allows me to divulge the info for this week-end b/c it's not here yet. Don't want to go getting myself in trouble. However, I will post this week-ends promo tomorrow when it starts. Sorry... gotta cover my butt.

Alright.. as promised... This week-end, starting today, will be 15% off of the entire store. Mind you, I'm pretty sure that there will be restrictions. The discount will NOT apply to disneyworld passports, giftcertificates, pre-sales, videos and DVDs. I'm sure there may be more restrictions, so don't quote me. I'm not working until later tonight, so Disney may have changed their minds again and decided not to start this until Saturday. So, if you're planning on heading out to a store, you might want to give them a call and make sure that it started today, and check to make sure the item you want is included.

Happy Shopping!!

So can anyone tell me if there is any deals with the pins? or are they even out yet?? I would love to get some more at the 75% off price.

Thanks a bunch,
Dragon Lady

Evil Queen
If I wanted to buy some pins and have them shipped to me in Northern BC, how does the DS handle shipping? COD, charge to my loomis account, or a flat rate?

Thx

Dragon Lady:
The pins are not being sold in the stores at the moment. There have been rumours that they will be available at some time in the future or that they may be given as a free gift during Wish Wednesday sometime. However, these are all rumours.

So, as for shipping pins, unfortunately, the stores can't ship what they can't sell. But for future reference, here's how shipping from the Disney Store works....
You can call any store in Canada and have them ship product (including pre-sale videos and DVDs) to you. Shipping will be added to your total and will be charged to your credit card, which the CM will ask you for. This is the only form of payment that the Disney Store accepts on telephone orders. Shipping is based on the value of the item(s) you are purchasing and, I believe, shipping starts at $10.95. Since I don't have the shipping chart in front of me, I'm not 100% sure of the shipping rates right now.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter