Who says you need kids to enjoy Disneyworld? (Day 9 , 10

Floundering Crab

Mouseketeer
Travelers: DH & DW both 50
December 11—(Day 9) Blizzard Beach: DH did the muffin and juice run again while I got in my suit to head over to BB. Hardly anyone there, yet the air was quite warm. We walked up to the family raft ride. . . wasn’t so sure about this, but I was already up how many stories? & had to get down somehow. So they seated this “family” across from each other in this large raft and we began our slipping and sliding journey to the bottom. I laughed so hard I couldn’t get out of the stupid inner tube, and it was so large they couldn’t just dump me out either. DH was pushing from behind and the CM was pulling from the front and I was so tickled I thought I was going to wet myself right there! Well, we gave that CM some more fodder for the book she’s writing on “stupid things I saw as CM for Disney.” By this time my sides and stomach hurt from laughing so decided to jump into the lazy creek and just float around. Roamed for a couple trips, got out and decided to head back to the room for a rest. Well, by the time we got back to the room, something had hit my stomach—I got sicker than a dog. Felt so bad for DH, but I honestly think he enjoyed just resting while I writhed in pain. At one point he was going to take me to the ER because of the cramps. We cancelled our reservations for the Brown Derby and Fantasmic that night and holed up in the room with gingerale (me) and beer (DH).

December 12—(Day 10) EPCOT: Woke up still sick, so cancelled Spoodles PS for breakfast—was really looking forward to that, too. DH went down for his muffin and juice and I was drinking only water at this point. He wandered on down to the pro shop and walked the grounds—by afternoon I was feeling a bit better so decided I could go out to walk a bit so we headed back to EPCOT to do a slow walk around—took in the Living Seas and Innoventions East. Walked around to the WS and caught the whole TON parade—fun parade. Those people have certainly got energy! Disney really planned that parade out well by setting up three (maybe more?) start and stop locations—those poor CMs would’ve been exhausted if they’d have had to travel the whole WS. We wandered back around the lagoon into Future World at a very leisurely pace. We stopped for some shopping, but my heart and body were just not into it. After taking another spin through time in Spaceship Earth, we headed back to the room. Decided to try a bite to eat, so headed back to the Sports Bar and had a cheese sandwich and ice cream. Was still feeling like someone had punched me out so called it a night.

December 13—(Day 11) MK—travel day: We took our time packing this morning, and as we looked back on my little viral malady, realized it was a mixed blessing—made us slow down. Checked out of our lovely room—put a little something extra in the Mousekeeping staff’s envelope (made up one for each day before we left home—a DIS tip—worked out well), and drove over to the MK to catch the ferry over. We wandered around and just soaked it all in. We’ve so enjoyed all the beautiful Christmas decorations, everything was so festive. Stood, listened, & watched the Dapper Dans entertain the crowd. Sang along with “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas,” walked all around the park and then headed back to our car and off to the airport. We know we’ll be back down next year, but may not make it down again during the holidays—it’s just to hard to catch up when we get home—so we are savoring our memories. But what a way to get into the holiday spirit! Thank you Disney!

I just read all of your reports and enjoyed every one of them. I will go this Feb with just my boyfriend (who has never been). I have only been to the world 4 times and this will be my first "adults only" and first "on property" vacation there.
Your report caught my attention when it said "no kids". LOL Oh, I am not trying to offend those who do have kids because I have enjoyed every other trip with my niece & nephew. I just think this experience will be totally different.
Wish dis had boards for adult only trip reports. I have gotten alot of ideas by reading those reports.
Yours was a great help! Sorry you didn't feel well but glad you made the best of it!

Sounds like you had a blast at Blizzard Beach.
I'm sorry you got sick, was it food poisoning?
I've really enjoyed your trip reports and it sounds like the two of you really enjoyed your vacation!Thank you for taking the time to share your memories.

snowprince.gif

Sounds like you had a great time. Hope you are feeling better. Nothing worse than getting sick on vacation let alone at Disney. Thanks for posting!

I enjoyed your report! Sorry you got sick - but at least you saw a bright side in it.

August 2001 - Wilderness Lodge
June 2000 - Port Orleans
August 1999 - Disneyland

your trip report was just what I needed..my fiance and I (he will be my hubby by the time we honeymoon in Disney in March) are a little older than most newlyweds..(both 45-LOL!),..but he has never been to DWD and its been years since I have been..and I wanted him to experience the magic too..so glad to hear that us "older adults" can enjoy the Disney experience as well as those with children..many many thanks for your trip report..thoroughly enjoyed it..and it put fiance a little more at ease..he keeps thinking he will be one of the "oldest kids" in the World!!LOL! :D

Blizzard Beach sounds like such fun! Made me smile!! Sorry you got sick, but glad some good came of it. Thanks so much for posting. Really enjoyed your trip report!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter