Who pays everything with their Disney Visa, just to get the rewards? How? Bills too?

We could have DH use it for fuel- for the semi he charges $3000-$4000 in fuel each month. Right now he is using Discover getting 1%, so that's the same, but it's cash, not Disney Dollars. We also got a Capital One that pays 2% on fuel, but the limit is only $2000 so he can only use it a couple times a month, or else it will go over by the time the statement gets paid. If we start planning another trip, I will probably have him switch to the Disney card.

DH & I applied for his when a DVC in room ad gave $100 rewards when applying. The card in his room is strictly used for monthly payments that are set up on the card (YMCA/Electric bill/cell/satellite) that way I know what the payment is going to be & go ahead & budget those out. We use mine for the daily transactions which I record in the checking account w/an * to know they are visa.

btw...since we are DVC, we don't qualify for free dining so our rewards are usually cashed in to pay for DDP on our annual trip.

I use my card for everything too. I also buy big ticket items for my Mom, like her hardwood flooring last month. That gave me an extra $20.

For the poster who paid off a group cruise with your card, I do that too! My TA has my card number and the local people just give me cash. I keep track of who owes what on a spreadsheet.

I can pay cable modem and cell on my card. I can't do property taxes or water. I can pay the power company but their fee is $3. I've thought about paying a year's worth (about 2.5K) in one shot to max out points. But then I'd loose out on a puny CD rate so its a wash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter