Who pays everything with their Disney Visa, just to get the rewards? How? Bills too?

I don't do Disney, but United Airlines miles. I earn about 25k miles a year, or enough for one free round-trip domestic ticket. Actually, I usually save the miles up and use them for 1st class upgrades instead, since I can usually score free airline tickets through my job (travel agent).

We charge EVERYTHING. Unless the total is less than $5 it goes on the card. Gas, groceries, home improvement, household purchases, vet care...basicly everything except medical (we have a flex spend debit card for medical) and our mortgage! :)

Because we put virtually all our purchases and bills on the credit card, we don't really spend cash out of our checking acount. The money just sits in checking until I pay the credit card bill and the mortgage. I track our credit card purchases each morning when I download them into Quicken, so I'm always aware of what we've spent the previous day or two, and I can see if we are reaching what we've budgeted for the month in each catagory. Making sure we have the money to pay the bill has never been a problem since I'm constantly looking at what charges have come through and comparing it to the budget and what we have in checking.

ETA: That sounds like more work than it is, it usually takes me less than 5 minutes a day to download the transactions and see how our spending compares to our budget for the month! :)

I once earned enough to cover tickets for my family of 5.

We did an addition on our house. We gave the building supply co. our credit card info & our contractor info. Every board, beam, door, window, roof shingle, piece of sheetrock, everything but labor went onto the card, along with regular spending.

When I started planning my Oct. 08 trip I had over 1100 disney reward dollars. I used a portion of them to pay for MNSSHP tickets.

I bought my base tickets through undercovertourist with the disney visa, and used the disney visa for the condo rental as well. When we left for our trip we had over 1000 reward dollars again. We used this for all of our dining in the park, and all of our souveniers including many many pins :)

We still use the Disney visa for regular spending, but not everything. I take advantage of the 5% Discover offers, and use my old navy & kohl's cards in those stores.

We have a home based business so we charge some supplies to the Disney visa. But we get paid on our website via Paypal so we use the paypal debit card for most of our gas & dining out, and all of our shipping fees.

I know we have over 300 reward dollars now (saved since Nov. 08). Not sure when our next trip to WDW will be, but unless there is some crazy too good to pass up deal offered this year, it will probably be sometime 2011 or 2012. My DS wants to go to Legoland when it opens.

We're HUGE fans of the Disney Visa. We also put everything on it, including our property taxes. In Jersey, this REALLY racks up those rewards! :rotfl2:

Does your town charge a fee for this? I noticed last time I paid my taxes that CCs are accepted but that a fee would apply. I didn't ask how high the fee is, but if it is a percentage, then it is probably not worth doing. 1% of last years taxes would have been $104.00 :headache: :eek: :sick:

My husband and I recently got the $200 rewards card offers so we both applied and were approved. I just started using mine and only a few charges have shown up. No rewards points I have earned or the 200 rewards points have shown up yet. If I go ahead and pay off what I have charged will I still get the points or should I wait until all the points have shown up to pay?

My husband and I recently got the $200 rewards card offers so we both applied and were approved. I just started using mine and only a few charges have shown up. No rewards points I have earned or the 200 rewards points have shown up yet. If I go ahead and pay off what I have charged will I still get the points or should I wait until all the points have shown up to pay?

Points get added when your statement closes for the month. You don't have to wait until your statement to pay it off - the rewards will still show up.

We got the card in Oct knowing we'd be going to Disney this coming December, and we've racked up over 300 points so far. we charge everything possible- gas, groceries, tolls, medical co-pays, donations, etc.

We also purchased a new mattress and paid off a cruise on the card.

Here's our activity by month to give an idea of how our rewards fluctuate from month to month,

20 Reward Dollars to expire on November 2014 statement date

62 Reward Dollars to expire on December 2014 statement date

39 Reward Dollars to expire on January 2015 statement date

38 Reward Dollars to expire on February 2015 statement date

68 Reward Dollars to expire on March 2015 statement date

31 Reward Dollars to expire on April 2015 statement date

66 Reward Dollars to expire on May 2015 statement date

That's over $32K charged in 7 months!!! I'd say congrats on earning the rewards, but that seems like some crazy spending.

Even if I had a car payments or mortgage payments on there I wouldnt be close to that amount.

I started doing that, then would spend the money in my checking AND charge stuff so be sure you are DISCIPLINED or you will end up owing $$$$$$$$$$$$$, like me :(

Diane:eek::eek::eek:

I put everything possible on our Disney Visa. But, I can't overspend, because I deduct each transaction from my checkbook, just like I was writing a check.

I put everything I possibly can on my Disney Visa. This month we are getting 3times the points. So it's even more important to put groceries and gas on there. We also purchased a new funace, hot water heater and replacement windows/doors for the house. We put all that on the visa. As long as I don't get charged a fee for charging, I will put it on my visa. We are doing an addition, new kitchen and bathroom. So anything we purchased will be put on the visa and will pay off in full. NEVER keep a balance.

At the very least, I will have enough points to buy no expiration park passes that will last for a few trips. :cool1:

Is everyone earning 3 times the points this month? If not, how does that come about?

I just got the Disney Visa, but I had another chase card that I was charging everything on to get points and paying it off every couple of days. I am now using the disney one instead to earn the rewards.

I do this. I cannot put the car payment or mortgage on it. Everything else is. We pay in full when the bill comes. Every other year I have enough rewards to pay for 2-3 PAPs. I do have two cards, one joint account and one in my name. I use the joint account for everything and I use my own acount for the 0% interest promotionals when we cruise. While I know there are better rewards cards out there, right now this is the one that works best for me.

That's over $32K charged in 7 months!!! I'd say congrats on earning the rewards, but that seems like some crazy spending.

Even if I had a car payments or mortgage payments on there I wouldnt be close to that amount.

Not all of that spending is ours- we had a family cruise in February 2010 that had final payments due in December, and since I was the point person for all the bookings, everyone paid me and I transferred the payments to the cruise line.

The pieces that were ours include spikes for car repairs on our 2001 vehicles and a new mattress - all paid for from savings, just put on the card for the rewards.

We utilize the point systems that give you extra for food and gas purchases. Our Disney Visa is our exclusive food and gas card. We've been doing this since our last trip in 2007. We're probably going to be able to cut $600 from the trip we're planning this fall with the points we've earned since.

I do mine a little different then everyone else on here. I pay my bills weekly. What ever is due I pay on dh's payday. I pay the bill with the credit card and then to make sure I don't spend the money I add it all up and pay the Disney Visa. For instance I paid cell phone, groceries, gas and water bill today. I then paid $2xx.xx to Disney. The rewards dollars are still earned every month.
I do the same thing. I see people pay Disney VISA online, I just call. For some reason, I can never get onto the website. Plus when I call, I also double check the amounts that I charged for the week, comparison to my check book. Then I pay by phone.

I think someone else said, the points show up at the end of the billing cycle. You only receive $1.00 for every $100 you charge. I've been noticing lately, that Disney VISA will give me the $1.00 reward, even if I am short a few dollars of $100.

ie. I charged $86 for cable, and they gave me $1.00 in rewards.

Is everyone earning 3 times the points this month? If not, how does that come about?

I just got the Disney Visa, but I had another chase card that I was charging everything on to get points and paying it off every couple of days. I am now using the disney one instead to earn the rewards.

The 3X is a special offer that comes in the mail and you have to register for it. It doesn't happen very often and I don't think everyone gets it. I think the last time was a few years ago and that was 5X.

I do the same thing. I see people pay Disney VISA online, I just call. For some reason, I can never get onto the website. Plus when I call, I also double check the amounts that I charged for the week, comparison to my check book. Then I pay by phone.

I think someone else said, the points show up at the end of the billing cycle. You only receive $1.00 for every $100 you charge. I've been noticing lately, that Disney VISA will give me the $1.00 reward, even if I am short a few dollars of $100.

I am confused. Please help me out on this.

Say I get the card and I charge $10,000 per year. (My DH wishes it was that little. :rotfl2:) What would I get back in reward money? $100? $1000? It simply cannot be $1000...That's too good to be true.

Thanks for any info. :thumbsup2

My DH got ANOTHER offer for $150 in rewards and I got another for $200 in rewards. We just opened two seperate cards with $200 in rewards each last week. If we open these cards too just for the rewards so soon will it negatively affect our credit?

Emom-It would be $100 in rewards, not $1000.

I am confused. Please help me out on this.

Say I get the card and I charge $10,000 per year. (My DH wishes it was that little. :rotfl2:) What would I get back in reward money? $100? $1000? It simply cannot be $1000...That's too good to be true.

Thanks for any info. :thumbsup2

1% of $10,000 is $100

I've been noticing lately, that Disney VISA will give me the $1.00 reward, even if I am short a few dollars of $100.

that's because they round up....as long as your hit the $50 mark they will round you up to the next $ level. So, $150 will get you $2 in rewards, just as $245 would.

Nah, we have better rewards cards. The Disney Visa is now my "sit by the computer for internet shopping card."

We too, use our Disney Visa for many things. Unfortunately, some things I would like to use it for I either can't or it doesn't pay to. Anyone else have this problem?

Things I can't or won't use it for:

Electric-does not accept cc payments
gas-we do not have service for my home
heating oil-all companies want to tack on a minimum of 2% fee OR charge more for the oil
Cars-paid off
Insurance-will not accept cc payments

but...Mortgage-I am not sure. I will have to investigate ::yes::

Things I can use it for:

Groceries
Gas
Cable/phone/Internet service
Internet shopping
A small loan I have which will be paid off this September
Anything Disney-Tickets, DDP, lodging (if I am using my DVC points)

This year we have about 320.00 in rewards.:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter