Who pays everything with their Disney Visa, just to get the rewards? How? Bills too?

I put everything I possibly can on my Disney Visa. This month we are getting 3times the points. So it's even more important to put groceries and gas on there. We also purchased a new funace, hot water heater and replacement windows/doors for the house. We put all that on the visa. As long as I don't get charged a fee for charging, I will put it on my visa. We are doing an addition, new kitchen and bathroom. So anything we purchased will be put on the visa and will pay off in full. NEVER keep a balance.

At the very least, I will have enough points to buy no expiration park passes that will last for a few trips. :cool1:

Hmm, I like this idea. So, if I wanted to start this, say this month, I would charge my cable bill to the Visa and set that money aside in my checking account. Then, when the Visa bill comes, I pay it off. Sounds pretty straight forward. I like it!

I put everything I can on my Disney Visa too and pay it off each month. I don't have the bills that others have so I don't rack up the rewards as quickly but every bit counts.

I charge all of my bills with a credit card that gives me 2% back on EVERY purchase into a 529 plan for my DD5. On a low month, we get $30, usually more. We charge everything; even $2 purchases. The only bills I don't charge are my life insurance, gas/electric bill, and kids' preschool b/c they don't let me or charge a fee. I spend probably $20 or less in cash/month.

You either set up a recurring charge (like our house/car insurance) or go online to that site's website and pay each month (like Comcast). I think we've gotten a nice little college nestegg for our DD this way...

I was using mine to pay for all of the bills associated with my business (300k+/yr).. but now all of my distributors are tacking on a 3% fee if paid by credit card so I don't use it :(

very interesting thread...while i do put some stuff on my credit card like Gas..i pay most of my bills directly from my checking account on-line. I guess in place of this i could just put it on a credit card that gives cash back (not sure when our next disney trip will be) and then pay that off in full.

The things i'd like to put on the charge account each month would be Verizon bill, Electric, Gas, wonder if i could pay my mortgage??

So would i have to go on these sites each month and make a payment to my credit card, or can i call up u think and just have them charge it to my cc each month? It is currently so easy paying thru my online checking account but i would make more money putting it on the credit card. I would like a credit card designated just for monthly bills like those above - seems easier to manage.

I do mine a little different then everyone else on here. I pay my bills weekly. What ever is due I pay on dh's payday. I pay the bill with the credit card and then to make sure I don't spend the money I add it all up and pay the Disney Visa. For instance I paid cell phone, groceries, gas and water bill today. I then paid $2xx.xx to Disney. The rewards dollars are still earned every month.

we do the rewards cards to get free money and not carry big cash out for big things

There are charges to pay our utilities with a credit card. There was also a charge to pay our property taxes with a credit card (which was actually more than the rewards dollars).

We do pay our cable/internet/phone and cell phone bills with our Disney Visa.

We had $348 in 11 months for this past trip. The trip before was around $300 in 11 months.

We've never gotten a 3x reward dollars that we could yes.

We use our disney visa for alot of stuff....we just write everything down so when the bill comes there is no surprises...the key is to pay it off in full each and every month!!!

We use our card exclusively when we have a DL trip coming up that year...and we always pay it off every month.

Last December, I cashed out some of the rewards to use at Disneystore.com. With it, we were able to decorate our new Mickey bathroom for free!

The things i'd like to put on the charge account each month would be Verizon bill, Electric, Gas, wonder if i could pay my mortgage??

So would i have to go on these sites each month and make a payment to my credit card, or can i call up u think and just have them charge it to my cc each month? It is currently so easy paying thru my online checking account but i would make more money putting it on the credit card. I would like a credit card designated just for monthly bills like those above - seems easier to manage.

Every utility company is probably different, but my Verizon wireless bill goes automatically to my credit card every month. I get a e-mail when the statement is ready, which gives 3 weeks until the charge goes through on the card. Then they remind me when they actually make the charge. My gas and electric won't take credit cards, but my insurance company for home and car does!

I pay almost everything with mine, except my mortgage, which is an automatic bank draft. You can make cc payments online as often as every 3 days. I am self employed and don't have a "pay day", so it is easier for me to pay off my balance at the end of each week. Keeps me from spending the money twice... and from the shock of seeing just how much we actually spend in a month :lmao:

We pay our cable/internet, Verizon, phone land line, water and electric with our disney visa. Also our dd's braces payment goes on there as well as gas, groceries, vacations/hotels, and airlines (if any for the year) and anything else we would buy or pay for such as eating out, clothes etc.

We average $16-$20 per month of reward dollars. Over the last 15 months we've racked up $400 in disney reward dollars. Not bad at all!

We will use half of this to eat with at DL next month and save other half for our Disney cruise in Jan. By then we will have earned another $150 or so.

We have a capital one no hassle rewards visa as well. But we don't use that very much.

We pay everything we can with the Disney Visa - cable/internet/phone, newspaper and cell phone are billed to the CC directly, as is the monthly payment for DD's braces. I charge gas, groceries, even breakfast at Chick-fil-a. I pay the Visa online once or twice a month - sometimes the balance gets big mid-month (like when we charged DD's braces deposit :scared1:), and it makes me feel better to make two payments per month instead of one large one. I write very few checks these days and carry very little cash. As several PPs have said, it is not worth it if you carry a balance - the finance charges will be way more than the 1% you get back from Disney Visa. But it is a painless way to earn a few dollars for vacation as long as you can pay it off every month.

We charge everything to our CC for the rewards and pay it off each month. It gets to the point that we no longer see our checking account as a source for money. It is only used for paying the mortgage and the credit card. We just watch our CC each day to make sure we are not over our personally imposed "credit limit" for each month. -- Suzanne

We pay everything we can with our Disney Visa then we go online every few days and pay it off. We have earned $420 in reward dollrs since October 2009. Never pay interest. :goodvibes

We use it for everything we can also. Just cashed out another $380 for our July trip!!!

I always pay off the balance a few times a month since I have a lower credit limit, it works out great!!!

I'm so showing this thread to my dh, he thinks I'm nuts because I also want to charge everything to the card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter