Who Makes the Bedding?

I finally have all of the information and can post the "menu" of all of the bedding in one place!

Pillow: The pillows are made by Harbor Linen and are part of the "New Generation" collection. Their website is www.harborcareathome.com or call 1-800-257-7858.

Linens: according to DCL, "The sheets are from Frette and are 600 thread count Egyptian cotton, the Duvet and cover are also made by Frette but are not availablefor sale to the public." The website for Frette is www.frette.com. As DCL said, these are made for them and I believe also have subtle Mickey head woven into them. The style that looks closest is the Hotel Charme but I believe those are a 200 thread found rather than 600.

Duvet/Comforter Insert: According to DCL "is an Aquaplush king comforter/duvet insert that may be found with an online search." Well I did a search and I believe it's made by a company called "Down Etc.". Here is a link to their online store, though they are sold elsewhere as well:

http://www.downetc.com/boutique/ind...category_id=96&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=5

I was able to find it on Amazon a bit cheaper.

I hope this helps folks in creating their dream Disney Cruise bed on dry land.

Did anyone order any of the pillows???are they same as on the dream??

I'd like to know who makes the mattresses both on the new ships and at Boardwalk Villa. They were fantastic!

Did anyone order any of the pillows???are they same as on the dream??

I did! I did!! I orderd the ones from Harbor Care. To me they seem the same but I ordered them about a month ago and we cruised the Dream back in January so I can't say for sure they are exactly like the Dream but they are much more comfortable and hold their shape more than what I had before. They were about $30 bucks each.

I also stopped into the Frette outlet at Woodbury and spoke with the sales lady...she said they do carry the sheets/pillowcases that are used on DCL but they were over $300 for the King set and it is going on my Christmas list....first I want to save for a new mattress.

MJ

Anyone know the make of the pillows in concierge? I think it was isotonic or something. Best pillow ever since it kept cool all night!

I dont know the pillow from concierge, will be sailing concierge in 2013. But I understand you can ask for 3 types of pillows in conciege. Was it temperpedic type foam, down or the other?

Most of the information here is from 2011, are there any updates? We just returned from our stay on the Disney Dream and my husband will not shut up about the bed. He says he has never slept better. This is the first time in 30 years I have heard say anything good about a bed. Is there any new information, especially since the Dream just came out of drydock and was rehabbed?

We bought the pillows a few weeks ago, my husband is always saying how he loves the pillows on the ships. So when we got off the Fantasy earlier this month he found out through searching about Harbor linen.
Went to Harbor linen and we paid $32 for each one in standard size. they come flat as a pancake, i didn't think we got the right order. I followed the instructions and they fluffed up great. He is very happy with them. Now we want to get the king size and we have found them on the Carnival cruise line site. Harbor linen doesn't carry anything but standard at this point.

OK, so I called the nice lady at the Frette outlet and asked her about the linens used by Disney Cruise Line. She sent me a .pdf that showed three different sheet models. When I asked about the three, she said "The Hotel Collection One Bourdon, Lux Percale and Monza. Now the difference between is the One Bourdon and Lux Percale is a Percale which is cooler crisper cotton, its has a thread count of 200 which makes them very breathable. Now the Monza is a Sateen which has a softer silky finish. The thread counts vary from 300 - 500." Vased on what I've read here on the board, I thought people showed DCL's sheets were 300 thread count, which would lean toward the Monza. However, when I asked he which style would be the equivalent sheets used on DCL, she said One Bourdon or Lux Percale. On Frette's website, they show a note under Lux Percale that says "*Please note cotton percale has a crisp, cool feel, and does not have the silky soft hand of cotton sateen. If you prefer silky soft sheets, we recommend cotton sateen.** But I remember the sheets on DCL as being very soft and comfy. Any thoughts on which (if any) of these options would be the "right" one?

upload_2017-10-27_15-29-46.pngupload_2017-10-27_15-30-8.pngupload_2017-10-27_15-31-4.png

The sheets are soft and comfy but also stayed cool. I'd say percale. And thank you for doing the research. DH emailed them a couple weeks ago asking the same question but we never heard back

The sheets are soft and comfy but also stayed cool. I'd say percale. And thank you for doing the research. DH emailed them a couple weeks ago asking the same question but we never heard back

I agree. I think they are percale that has been washed often.

OK, so I called the nice lady at the Frette outlet and asked her about the linens used by Disney Cruise Line. She sent me a .pdf that showed three different sheet models. When I asked about the three, she said "The Hotel Collection One Bourdon, Lux Percale and Monza. Now the difference between is the One Bourdon and Lux Percale is a Percale which is cooler crisper cotton, its has a thread count of 200 which makes them very breathable. Now the Monza is a Sateen which has a softer silky finish. The thread counts vary from 300 - 500." Vased on what I've read here on the board, I thought people showed DCL's sheets were 300 thread count, which would lean toward the Monza. However, when I asked he which style would be the equivalent sheets used on DCL, she said One Bourdon or Lux Percale. On Frette's website, they show a note under Lux Percale that says "*Please note cotton percale has a crisp, cool feel, and does not have the silky soft hand of cotton sateen. If you prefer silky soft sheets, we recommend cotton sateen.** But I remember the sheets on DCL as being very soft and comfy. Any thoughts on which (if any) of these options would be the "right" one?

View attachment 279887View attachment 279888View attachment 279889
So, do you have a link to share for these?

We bought the pillows a few weeks ago, my husband is always saying how he loves the pillows on the ships. So when we got off the Fantasy earlier this month he found out through searching about Harbor linen.
Went to Harbor linen and we paid $32 for each one in standard size. they come flat as a pancake, i didn't think we got the right order. I followed the instructions and they fluffed up great. He is very happy with them. Now we want to get the king size and we have found them on the Carnival cruise line site. Harbor linen doesn't carry anything but standard at this point.
Can you share a link for the standard pillows you bought? Also for the ones you've ordered?

Harborlinens.com for standard, for the large ones its carnival comfort bed collection.
There are several different options though (glamour, new gen, new gen zone, softique, soft & downy). Do you know which one ya'll ordered? There is also no option to order.

Do you remember what the sheets LOOKED like on DCL? One Bourdon or Lux Percale (both are 200 t.c. percale)?

Do you remember what the sheets LOOKED like on DCL? One Bourdon or Lux Percale (both are 200 t.c. percale)?
Not positive, I believe these are the same "type" as the cruise line uses, not the exact ones. But maybe someone else on this thread knows better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter