Come here to chat while waiting for the 2021 DVC Member Cruise! Will it happen??

Dumb question I know but is that per person? We can't go this time around but my wife retires after this coming school year and then onward to the future.
Yes, per person. Not a dumb question.

Last edited:

So this is not double occupancy like other cruises?
Yes, it’s double occupancy but they price it out per person as some will use points for one person and cash for another, while others are either all points or all cash. The all-cash is an option with the member cruises.

Pls also keep in mind that points chart above was for the 2020 sailing; Disney has not yet shared any info re pricing or points for new bookings for 2022 should there be space available after existing reservation members make their decisions on the rescheduled date.

Yes, total is due when booking. I use Disney Visa, so I do have 6 months to pay the balance without interest.
Thinking of taking our first Member Cruise. Most members are so pleasant to speak with, we thought that it might be an interesting experience. Not using points, paying Cash. That is a GREAT THOUGHT about Disney Visa and 6 months promotional terms to pay balance with no interest. Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the cancellation policies are? Wondering if the cancellation policies will be more lenient?:confused3
OR does the cancellation policy fall under obtaining trip insurance? Does Trip Insurance companies like Travel Guard or Allianz cover Covid? Based upon being familiar with the regular "covered reasons" in trip insurance policy meaning sickness, It is my assumption that if a traveler is ill with Covid, then that would fall under illness. My question really points to IF Covid19 is hypothetically still out of control at that point in June and the traveler does not have Covid symptoms, but does have concern over traveling and wants to cancel, does anyone know specifically the current trip insurance language in the coverage about Covid from companies like Travel Guard, we have used Travel Guard Gold in past and Allianz.
THANKS! ::yes::

Insurance...

It’s a charter and DCL does not sell you their insurance, we buy Allianz. I think you would have to buy “cancel for any reason” insurance. I would ask your specific reason when buying.

I booked BCV for one night before the cruise. Will hope to get a group meet for TOTW for the night before. I do hope things will be normal. I can dream, hope!

I booked BCV for one night before the cruise. Will hope to get a group meet for TOTW for the night before. I do hope things will be normal. I can dream, hope!
Nice! if I’m able to get a booking, next step will be to try for a room in November. I own in CA so have to wait until the 7 month window to book WDW.

Any thoughts on Cozumel as for as safety? How are the beaches there? Thanks!
This question may get more answers on the cruise board. I have not been to Cozumel in at least 8 years. We have been there many times, and I have found some of the best snorkeling experiences there. It’s harder for me to get around now.
I was planning to stay on the ship in Cozumel.

Last edited:
I think we're in! Just have to decide if we want one cabin or two for the 5 of us. We had to do 2 on the 2015 Wonder MC to Alaska and it was great. Also, check the fine print for the cancellation policy. I believe if you pay cash it's pretty lenient -- full refund up to 90 or 120 days in advance, so I think we'll know the public health situation by then. I also always buy trip insurance, as well, using insure my trip.com.

^I think you are correct about the liberal cancellation policy for cash!

It will be great to see you!!

Great to know a about the liberal cancellation policy..should know about status of Covid within 3 to 4 months of sailing, hoping that 2021 brings good news on Covid.

We are hoping to book the member cruise. Been wanting to do one for years. We will be paying cash. I'm already in a pickle with my 2019 points. No way I'm risking losing more because the cruise gets canceled or moved.

We are hoping to book the member cruise. Been wanting to do one for years. We will be paying cash. I'm already in a pickle with my 2019 points. No way I'm risking losing more because the cruise gets canceled or moved.
I hope we all get to book!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!