Who is the most obscure Disney character that you have met in the Parks?

I have some pictures of some rare characters. But I guess I have to raise my post count before I can post them. I have pics of Meg, Phill, and Hercules-- The Fairy Godmother--Governor Ratcliff-- Kim Possible-- Merlin--and Will Robinson, among others.

Back in '04 I was able to see Meg, Phil, Hercules, and Prince Charming with Cinderella. I was sooooo excited!!!! The ones that I haven't been able to find is the Fairy Godmother and Maleficent. Has anyone seen them anywhere around the parks??

I've seen FGM at 1900 Park Fair dinner. I think she's at CRT, esp. dinner. I've only seen Maleficent at Disneyland Paris, never WDW.

On Main Street, we met a face character that we still haven't figured out who he was. It wasn't the mayor, but it was a male dressed in clothing from the same period as the mayor's costume. He was wearing a bollar hat, purple waistcoat, white gloves, spats, and Ben Franklin spectacles. For all I know, I had my picture taken with another guest who just dresses funny.

Could it be the boler hat guy from Meet the Robinsons?

47b8df11b3127cceb4c31e8428a000000036100EZtmjZs2bMQ

I have no idea who or almost what these are supose to be. I've never seen them posted on here in pics so are they rare??? We have haven't been back to AK since so i'm not sure. It was taken in march '04.

Those would be Carnisaurus and Conniesaurus (sp). They have been gone for a few years now.

Some buck-toothed bear w/a hat near Splash Mountain. We took a photo of our son with him and when my son asked who he was we had no idea!

I am going to take a stab at guessing, and say that it was Wendell.

Could it be the boler hat guy from Meet the Robinsons?

I don't think so. This is Bowler Hat Guy:
482099488_e4d91d3985.jpg

This was taken at DCA, but he looked the same at MK. The PP probably saw one of the streetmosphere characters, but I'm not familiar with one that wears a bowler hat.

Our most obscure character meet was at the studios and it was Milo and the girl (can't remember her name) from Atlantis. It was in a shaded sitting area in front of the Sorceror's hat.

I have many obscure favorites. I met 2 of the 3 Little Pigs (Fiddler Pig and Practical Pig) and I was shocked, as I never knew they were even meetable characters! :)

pigsboth.jpg

Other obscure favorites are Thumper, Hyacinth Hippo, Madame Upanova the Ostrich, The Snow White Queen as the witch, Goliath the Gargoyle, Pain, Panic, and Phoebus. :)

Our most obscure character meet was at the studios and it was Milo and the girl (can't remember her name) from Atlantis. It was in a shaded sitting area in front of the Sorceror's hat.

Princess Kida :) I am so jealous. I love Atlantis, I wish it had done better so those characters still made appearances.

For myself rares I've met:
Hercules
Megara
Brer Rabbit
King Louie

Two years ago in World Showcase near France/Morocco I guess I was standing there kind of scowling because a character who was walking by stopped, turned around, stood in front of me and scowled back until I laughed - then he gave me a big hug and walked on.

But I have no clue who he was!!! Big dark animal, maybe a cat, with a crown. I thought it was Prince John, but he didn't look like the picture on Meeko's site. Anyone know who he was? He made my day - but it happened so fast I couldn't get a picture.

Lin

Well, if you are truly bored, you can go to my site in my signature and scroll through every single character and see if this "dark animal" is there! All the pages link together, so if you go to a character's page, it's easy to click on "next character" and scroll through the whole list. No need to return to the main page over and over. And I am curious, as I am not sure who you are describing! Beast makes appearances in France, but he doesn't have a crown. Oh well - wonder who it was! :scratchin

Several years I got to have my picture made with Clopin in a store in France. He's one of my favorite characters.

DebbieClopin-good.jpg

Launch Pad behind the Judges tent next to the train depot. DD4 wasn't too thrilled by him as you can tell, there were several other obscure characters there too but we left after him.
DSC01733.jpg

Back in the day I met the Ninja Turtles and April O'Neil.

Hugs for Eeyore - great site!!! I looked through all your pics but didn't see my mystery character. I know Beast, it wasn't him. It seemed like he was from an old movie like Robin Hood. Maybe it was Prince John, but like I say I remember him darker than that.

Maybe I just imagined him ;-)

Lin

Milo from Atlantis ... we had no clue who he was at the time but got him since his line was short :)

I was going to say Mulan but I see now that she isn't as rare as I'd thought. The only time I saw her was in China. She was standing by herself, no line, when a couple came up to her and asked her to take THEIR picture (without her) with China in the background. :scared1: She, of course, was very nice and took the picture but my sister and I were horrified and we quickly ran up to get our picture with her. It's one of our favorite pictures; she was so great. The couple have thought that she was just a CM dressed in traditional chinese clothing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter