Who is going to see The Art of Racing in the Rain?

Bella the Ball 360

Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.<br><font
OMG I LOVE that book. If you have a dog or have had a dog you will identify with it! I bawled just watching the trailer. It has been 10 years coming and when it was first announced, Patrick Dempsey was going to play the lead. Now he is like too old so he is producing it. He purchased the property 10 years ago. Seriously buy stock in Kleenex.

🙋🏼‍♀️I’m looking forward to the movie! I don’t want to say, “I can’t wait!” because we go back to school a few days after the movie comes out, and I CAN wait for that! 😂 I didn’t realize it was based on a book, so I’ll have to check that out.

🙋🏼‍♀️I’m looking forward to the movie! I don’t want to say, “I can’t wait!” because we go back to school a few days after the movie comes out, and I CAN wait for that! 😂 I didn’t realize it was based on a book, so I’ll have to check that out.
OMG read the book first!! I hope they do not change anything in it but if you have ever loved a dog you will totally identify with Enzo.

Does the dog die? If yes, then I will not be watching. Marley and Me scarred me for life.
I do not want to ruin it for you but that is a yes and a no. I started crying at the beginning credits for Marley and Me as well as My Dog Skip and don't even talk about Hatchie(sp) I am still dehydrated from that one. I do like the message of this book and would like to think that it is true even if it is fiction.

Nope. I don't do any of those sad animal movies. No Black Beauty. No Warhorse. No Marley & Me. Can't do it.

Don't forget, Old Yeller.

Dang, I hate sad animal movies too. I was interested in seeing Milo in it. But I loathe sad animal movies with a passion.

Don't forget, Old Yeller.

Dang, I hate sad animal movies too. I was interested in seeing Milo in it. But I loathe sad animal movies with a passion.
[/QUOTE
OH how could I forget Old Yeller....I should start a thread of sad dog movies. Hmm, there do not seem to be any sad cat movies are there? I know this is a sad movie but in the end if you read it you know what happens. I watched an interview with Garth Stein on You Tube and it is kind of philosophical. Besides a good cry is cathartic.

I just ordered the book on Amazon. 😊
Let me know how you like it. You will cry but you will identify and I love the ending b/c it kind of is in line with what many of us feel about dogs. Initially, the title was off putting for me b/c I thought it had to do with racing but I wondered why there was a 'golden' on the cover. I read a few pages in the store and could not put it down I started reading and crying in the car. Again you WILL cry but unlike Marley, the ending similar to a Dog's Purpose (which I feel stole some of the ideas) is uplifting.

I'm glad you asked this question. This movie was on my "to watch" list. It has been removed. :(
Not saying you will not cry BUT this book is different. It is told from the dog's perspective and the end is not what you expect. It makes you think and in a way kind of hope even though it is fiction there is an infusion of a little bit of Eastern religious belief.

Ds16 is reading it for summer reading. He is a reluctant reader, but when I saw the trailer, I remembered how much I loved the book, and ordered it for him (last year was The Kite Runner, so lighter this year).

Not saying you will not cry BUT this book is different. It is told from the dog's perspective and the end is not what you expect. It makes you think and in a way kind of hope even though it is fiction there is an infusion of a little bit of Eastern religious belief.

As in, the dog is talking to us from Heaven, or some type of after-life?

Basically, the dog dies in the story which we are expected to cry through, but somehow it ends up as an uplifting ending that he was around in the first place?

Basically, the dog dies in the story which we are expected to cry through, but somehow it ends up as an uplifting ending that he was around in the first place?

I read the synopsis on Wikipedia, which seems to imply
reincarnation as a human

Fine, I will ruin it for eveyone....He dies but he is reincarnated which sounds stupid but the premise is that being a dog is the step before reincarnation as a man. Its a modern day fairy tale of sorts, not that different that Snow While awaking from death with true love's kiss or Sleeping beauty. Its a good book, read it, don't read it your choice!

Bummer. I saw the trailer, checked it out on the web site mentioned above, and thought I was OK. Now I'm afraid I won't like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter