Who is a celebrity that you want to believe is actually nice?

MamaMermaid

DIS Veteran
Just for some fun on a Friday! ;)

We know Hollywood stars are said to have some diva like behaviors. But who is someone that you think genuinely is nice or want to believe is nice?

For me, it's Jennifer Garner - she seems so sweet and genuine. I truly hope it's not an act! Your turn!

Just for some fun on a Friday! ;)

We know Hollywood stars are said to have some diva like behaviors. But who is someone that you think genuinely is nice or want to believe is nice?

For me, it's Jennifer Garner - she seems so sweet and genuine. I truly hope it's not an act! Your turn!
The Rock. I still think he would make a great President too. :-)

Of course we have no way to actually know, but the ones who seem to be very likeable to me are:

Tom Hanks
Dwayne The Rock Johnson
Kevin Bacon
Mark Hamill
Conan O'Brien
Ming-Na Wen
Jeff Bridges

I used to think the same of Will Smith before he got all weird and crazy - he seemed so nice back in the day!

Brendan Fraser. He seems like a really chill guy and it's awful how badly Hollywood treated him. I also think Keanu Reeves seems nice. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about him.

Also after recently reading her memoir, Jennette Mccurdy and Miranda Cosgrove (the stars of Icarly, a Nickelodeon sitcom). Mccurdy seems like a genuine person that was struggling at the time her show was being filmed and I have massive respect for Miranda in how she supported Jennette.

I'll try to get this in before someone else does: Horseshoe champion Alan Francis. I'd like to think that the bar doesn't get much higher than horseshoes when it comes to backyard sports, and it's often rare that the hand that throws the horseshoe is a humble one.

OK ok, seriously:
Most people that work with Kurt Russell say he's the coolest guy.

Tom Hanks is very likely. I've heard positive stories about him as director on That Thing You Do, even despite a day when most of the main cast were late to shooting. In fact, he sounds like he's probably identical to his own character in that movie.

I have the inside scoop on some celebrities, because my daughter's partner used to work on Broadway and other theater/film projects in NYC. He texts with Keanu Reeves, who I am so happy to hear is genuinely super nice!

My list of celebrities who I think seem great (with very little research on my part--just they stood out as seeming like real people and good people): Keanu Reeves, Steve Buscemi, Steve Perry (this one just recently noticed--I've been listening to old Journey songs and watched an old interview, and he struck me as so genuine and humble. I didn't actually listen to Journey that much back in the day, but I'm on a nostalgia wave right now and enjoying their songs.)

2 that I know are--
Kevin Costner who I met at Universal Studios in CA--very very nice man
Alex O'Loughlin--he treats his fans so nicely, always taking pictures and signing autographs

I agree with Brendan Frazer (seems he got shut down for saying no to an old perv, what an awful industry )
Chris Pratt
Melissa Mccarthy
Kristen Wiig
Robert Downey Jr

It is common in TV for companies to do "Satellite Media Tours" where they stick a celebrity in front of a camera and give TV stations 5 minutes to interview them. It can be about their new movie , their TV show, their book, or about a product they have been hired to promote. In the set up time I would get to chat with them while we did mike checks and the like and observe them as they interacted with the crew on their end.
Two stand out as being just really nice people. One is former President Jimmy Carter. The other is Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York. When she was the spokesperson for Weight Watchers, we would have her on once every three months. The Reporter on my end doing the interview was very good at the beginning of disclosing that Weight Watchers was paying for the satellite time and they wanted to promote a certain product. That usually took about about 25 seconds of a 3 minute interview. Then he would go off on some tangent for the rest of the interview and never mention Weight Watchers again. He'd ask her who she was rooting for in the Super Bowl, or what the last movie was she saw. They were like a couple of old friends chatting, and the Producers on her end said she really looked forward to when it was our turn to chat with her because we just had fun with it, as did she.

I see Dwayne Johnson listed a few times. I can confirm he is in fact a nice guy. Several years back, as he was finishing up his wrestling career, the wcw or wwe or whatever he was with had an event in my town. The next morning I get on a flight for a business trip and a bunch of big guys get on the plane and Dwayne Johnson sits in the seat across the aisle from me. Im not a big wrestling fan but knew who he was and knew he was playing for Miami at the time my school beat up Miami for the National Championship, Anyway we had a short conversation about that and he was extremely nice and engaging. I got his autograph and left him alone. Anytime anyone on that flight said something to him or asked for an autograph he obliged with that big smile on his face. When the flight landed, he got stopped at the gate by a couple people wanting autographs and pictures. I watched him stand there for at least 10 minutes engaging with everyone and that smile never left his face. He was finally dragged away by his handler. Much respect for one of the truly good guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter