Who Here Works Remote At-Home Jobs? Looking for Advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have several friends who work from home. Their fields of work are online marketplace seller, computer programmer, web designer, IT support staff, and Etsy artist.

One of my friends in IT support did not have any background in it and was trained by his company before starting the job. That might be an option if you do not have previous programming or web training.

I would love to work in IT. I keep thinking that if I could get something that would give me a steady income, I could relax and take some EDX classes in IT. I started a class in Python with them the very first semester they opened, and loved it. I thought since my kids were teenagers I would have the time to study. Ha ha, joke was on me!

I already sell books on Amazon. That's been paying some of my bills. I'm lucky I live in an area where people drop off their books at the dump 'Gift Shop.' Every now and then I find a gem. Otherwise, I'm typing away with transcribing for less than minimum wage. Ugh!

I've already started to take some advice from the previous page. I see that mortgage originators are doing much of the processing work by laptop nowadays.

I have a legitimate work-at-home job that pays actual money. I work very, very, very part-time for my church (mega church) doing communications from home for one of their departments. I work anywhere from 0-5 hours a week, but I get paid the same regardless of how much work there is. Please note I do NOT make a livable income on this job - it's just supplemental income for us, but I am very glad to have it. These types of jobs do exist, although they are hard to find. I took this job to keep my skills in my line of work current so I will have continuous employment when I go back to work full-time (kids are all little.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter