Who has had their last day of FP+ cancelled due to making FP+ from 4pm-6:30pm with a MNSSHP ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here's the latest and last reply from them. I do not plan on replying.
gotta love the wishwashyness of the whole thing.
You cant, you can, and now its technically you can't but if you can go for it....
Again I'm just gonna contine you to wait it out and see if I get an email or not and see if my FP+ gets deleted or not.

Dear Dee,

Thank you for contacting us back at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Historically, we have allowed guests possessing tickets for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party to go into the park as early as 4:00pm. However, there is no guarantee of this, as if there are times the park capacity at 4:00pm doesn't allow for more guests to enter, we will hold Not-So-Scary attendees to hold at the gate until it is safe to allow them in. Technically speaking, Disney's FastPass+® selections are not available to be made for Not-So-Scary (and our other special event at Magic Kingdom® Park, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party), since the party capacity is restricted, thus negating the need for FastPass+ selections. However, from time-to-time, the system will allow selections to be made before 7:00pm. There is no guarantee all tickets will receive that, as they are programmed to actually not provide that benefit, so if you are able to build them, please feel free to use them! Just keep in mind, though, that even if you possess a FastPass+ selection before 7:00pm, there is no guarantee you can use them, as it also depends on when you can get into the park.

I hope this clears up the confusion, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Emilio Dietrich

The "I hope this clears up the confusion" part is hilarious. No. No, it doesn't clear anything up! LOL!

I'm anxious for the first parties to happen so we can see how this plays out. I currently have a few days left on some old non-expiring parkhoppers attached to my MDE account. I booked FP for our party, but will be entering the park with a party ticket and not using a regular ticket at all that day. My plan is to go through the gate with the actual hard-ticket, not scan my magicband since I've had issues before where they pull days off my non-expiring pass instead of the correct ticket. I'm just hoping that my fastpasses will still work. My concern is that since I didn't swipe my magicband at the gate it somehow won't let those fastpasses be used. Obviously I'll link the party tickets to my account, but I'm just not convinced Disney's IT will work right!

The "I hope this clears up the confusion" part is hilarious. No. No, it doesn't clear anything up! LOL!

I'm anxious for the first parties to happen so we can see how this plays out. I currently have a few days left on some old non-expiring parkhoppers attached to my MDE account. I booked FP for our party, but will be entering the park with a party ticket and not using a regular ticket at all that day. My plan is to go through the gate with the actual hard-ticket, not scan my magicband since I've had issues before where they pull days off my non-expiring pass instead of the correct ticket. I'm just hoping that my fastpasses will still work. My concern is that since I didn't swipe my magicband at the gate it somehow won't let those fastpasses be used. Obviously I'll link the party tickets to my account, but I'm just not convinced Disney's IT will work right!

You sound like you've been to WDW before and pretty much get the jest of how things should work except this part...
"My concern is that since I didn't swipe my magicband at the gate it somehow won't let those fastpasses be used."
Considering not everyone owns a magic band it's not necessary to have one just to utilize FP. The party ticket will work at the tapstiles. :flower3:

You sound like you've been to WDW before and pretty much get the jest of how things should work except this part...
"My concern is that since I didn't swipe my magicband at the gate it somehow won't let those fastpasses be used."
Considering not everyone owns a magic band it's not necessary to have one just to utilize FP. The party ticket will work at the tapstiles. :flower3:
Thanks! I completely forgot that I could just the card ticket to tap for fastpasses! Disney has trained me too well with the magicband. I need one in everyday life! Ha!

It's been quiet...
I check once a day and all my FP+ selections are still intact.

There have been one or two instances over on the Dis FB page, but other than that, it's been quiet. Perhaps they've decided it just isn't worth it this year or they've made their warning salvo across the bow for next year.

There have been one or two instances over on the Dis FB page, but other than that, it's been quiet. Perhaps they've decided it just isn't worth it this year or they've made their warning salvo across the bow for next year.

If Disney does not want FP+ selections made with a party ticket they first need to find a way to distinguish between park tickets and special event tickets and then block special event tickets from having access to FP+ and THEN they can put their new plan into place.
I feel like they didn't realize how bad this all would be by just randomly deleting the last day of selections warning or not.
BTW I would have no problem with them not allowing FP+ using special event tickets but as of now I'm not going to volunteer to give them up when the majority of others have them. (Not that you said anything about that but just wanted to put that out there)

If Disney does not want FP+ selections made with a party ticket they first need to find a way to distinguish between park tickets and special event tickets and then block special event tickets from having access to FP+ and THEN they can put their new plan into place.

AND inform guests of this new policy when they roll out the dates & prices so we all know what to expect.

they first need to find a way to distinguish between park tickets and special event tickets and then block special event tickets from having access to FP+ and THEN they can put their new plan into place.

AND inform guests of this new policy when they roll out the dates & prices so we all know what to expect.

These two go hand-in-hand. The back end of Disney's system sees the difference, hence the cancelling of the last day for some. It's the front end, the booking end, that doesn't seem to know that the party ticket is not supposed to have FP+. They have to fix this if they truly aren't going to allow it. Then there really isn't a need for an announcement since the party ticket itself says no FP+, and since they would not be able to book the FP+ with just a party ticket.

I just stumbled across this - first thanks to everyone for the information. I don't have an issue with Disney deciding to say I can't make FP on my party day. But, this was clearly going on a few weeks ago, and I just made my FP on Friday morning. If they're going to do this, then I think they need to start with fixing the glitch that allows you to actually make them (agree with PP above). I will be cancelling my Party FPs because my last day of fast passes is my FOP fast pass and I am NOT willing to gamble with that.

Uuugh. So after watching this play out for weeks and thinking it was all clear since we hadn't heard anything. I got the dreaded email early yesterday AM (my arrival date on property), indicating my last day of FP+ selections were going to be deleted because I didn't have enough ticket entitlements. My party day is Friday (8/26)

My last day was Animal Kingdom, so I had to delete the party FP+ selections and not risk it.

Uuugh. So after watching this play out for weeks and thinking it was all clear since we hadn't heard anything. I got the dreaded email early yesterday AM (my arrival date on property), indicating my last day of FP+ selections were going to be deleted because I didn't have enough ticket entitlements. My party day is Friday (8/26)

My last day was Animal Kingdom, so I had to delete the party FP+ selections and not risk it.
:eek: I'm sorry, that sucks! Sigh. :confused3 I also thought this was all over with.

We have four-day tickets AND MNSSHP tickets. My 60 days was earlier in the week. I wasn't able to make fastpasses for our last day, which happens to also be our MNSSSHP day, due to not having enough ticket entitlements.

We have four-day tickets AND MNSSHP tickets. My 60 days was earlier in the week. I wasn't able to make fastpasses for our last day, which happens to also be our MNSSSHP day, due to not having enough ticket entitlements.
Even after doing the trick of all the other days FPs first then the party day last? Hmm.

I saw on another board people were saying that if you booked two you were safe but if you had three, and the 1st one's window started before 4:00, it would be flagged because the computer would assume you used a regular ticket for entry. I had booked 2 for party night, both after 4, and I haven't gotten any email so I guess it could be true...or it's just another theory lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter