Who has brought a 7 month old to disney?

ozzie2131

Earning My Ears
We are in the middle of ROFR but if we pass we will have 150 points that expire on Feb 28 2014. We will have a 7 month old as of Feb. Has anyone here ever brought a small baby on vacation? The vacation would be obviously for us but we were wondering how your vacation went and was it worth it. Love to here your stories. Thanks

First granddaughter was 6months,second granddaughter was 3months,third granddaughter was born 3 weeks after our vacation.Daughter was hoping to go into labor while at OKW so baby could be born at Celebration.As for bringing a young baby to WDW just like going out anywhere else.

I brought a 4 month old and an 11 month old! Highly recommend it (the 4.5 month old was super easy! I would highly recommend a trip with a sub6 month old that doesn't need baby food - just liquids (formula or breast milk)!!!!

We didn't have washer when we had the 11 month old, and it was an awesome addition when we had the 4 month old!!!

We went in December with the 4.5 month old and while it was cold some days, it was easier to add layers than in the summer when we would have to take them off! And DD loved to look at the Christmas decorations!!

Check out the family board for lots of stories!!!!

We brought my DS at 13mo and youngest DD at 4mo and 15mos. I used to be one of those people who balked at people bringing babies to Disney too :rotfl:

I think a 7mo old would be fun. Not quite mobile but they can sit up and really enjoy all there is to see. I would recommend a soft carrier of some kind. Also use the baby care centers in each park! They are WONDERFUL. My big kids had no problem hanging out watching Disney movies and taking a break while I changed and fed the baby.

Where are you thinking about staying? All the resorts are baby friendly but there is something to be said for all the space at OKW. And the full size w/d....

Plan to take it slow but really there isn't too much that the baby can't do with you (aside from obvious thrill rides). And you probably won't beat your highest score at TSM or Buzz Lightyear with an infant on your lap, but you will get the cutest pics of baby's face as you go!

I took the babies thinking it was about my bigger kids but honestly, the babies have just as much fun and our memories with them from those trips have been priceless. Hope you have a magical trip!!

Our youngest was 8 months and we had a 2 and 4 year old. We still look back at that being one of the best vacations ever! We went kid pace. The baby was happy where ever and his eyes were huge the whole time soaking everything in. The kids were so easy and didn't voice there opinion about what they wanted to do (now they all have differnent loves). I do think when you start travelling with them at a young age, they make great travellers later in life!

We took a big family vacation in June and my family shared a 2BR villa at OKW with my sister's family which included my 7-month old niece. One thing that was tremendously helpful was our items that we'd ordered from A Baby's Best Friend. We ordered an exersaucer (perfect for baby to sit in while everyone was getting ready!), a rocking chair (for the night time bottle), a Boppy pillow and a bathtub seat. These are all things that would be impractical to pack, but they are SO nice to have. ABBF delivered all of the items to our resort and it was all waiting for us at bell services when we arrived. Bell services brought it all to our room (even up the stairs!) and also brought it back when we checked out. Everything was clean and wrapped in plastic when it arrived. If needed, I would definitely use them again. They have a lot of items to choose from, including full-size cribs so the little one doesn't have to sleep in a pack n play.

First child - 10 months with a Disney Cruise
Second child - 11 months and did a split stay at 5 resorts!

Our kids have been travelling pretty much since birth, and Disney is their second home. Disney is great with babies - Baby Care Centers in each park are fabulous!

You know your child best, and we knew our babies would be fine at Disney! The biggest tip is that you need to follow their schedule, and remember to take breaks from the sensory overload that is Disney.

Many trips since and counting! Have a wonderful trip, Tiger

I brought my 5 month old for the first time and it was great. He actually slept most of the time. I guess it was because of the motion in the stroller but it was so easy. I would also suggest using like a Baby BJorn it makes getting around a whole lot easier.

I would definitely bring a 5 month old again and it was easier than taking him at 14 months.
The thing you just have to realize is that you are doing this vacation for you and not them but dont let that stop you. We enjoyed exposing our son to the new things. His trip was the first time on a Bus, Plane, Train, Boat, Monorail and attractions.

I've taken a 6 month old and it was fine. I made sure I brought the bumbo chair and that made all the difference in the world! dont expect to do many adult things or big rides, work around baby's nap schedule, and relax!

I agree with previous posters that its a great age! (I've done 6mo)
They are usually old enough to see they enjoy some of the scenery, yet young enough for a lot of stroller/carrier time, which is a lot easier than an 18mo old that wants to walk all the time ;)

There's a surprising number of attractions you can do with a young child (if they are not hungry and crying). Plan a character visit when your child is generally the most happy (might be after a meal or nap)

In general, sure its not quite as easy as home, but other than a very accommodating grandparent, WDW is the next easiest place to take your baby;)

Brought our DD, DSnL, and DGS (3 months) with us last year to BCV for a two night stay. We got free passes to the parks from a family CM. Went to EPCOT in the evening and DGS smiled at everyone and everything.

I took my son when he was 6 months and probably twice a year thereafter.

I had no problem. I carried him in a Baby Bjorn most of the time. There is a wonderful baby care area in Magic Kingdom with private nursing rooms. It was so nice and quiet!

By the time he was 2 1/2, he knew his way around the Magic Kingdom and would tell you to go straight to the Buzz Lightyear ride. LOL

Congrats on deciding to join DVC- you have many wonderful family memories in your future!!!

Our youngest DD was 7 months when we took her in January of this year, it was great! She did very well, would just nap in the stroller or sleep at night in the stroller if we were out later than she could hold out (which was pretty much every night since she would be asleep by 7pm). We had a great time taking her, and we just did whatever the kids wanted (most rides that my 3 year old could go on she could go on as well, so rides weren't really much of an issue). Any rides that she couldn't go on (like Dumbo), one of us stayed with her and hung out (I love people watching) while the other would go with my oldest.

It was a great trip and was not a problem at all! We've even taken her to Niagara Falls, Canada when she was 5 months old and she did great there too, it was cold as anything but we bundled her up and had a blast there too! We take her everywhere!

DD's 1st time at Disney was at 7 months, we had such a good time that while we were at Disney we decided to stay 3 extra days :cool1:

We rented a swing and a stationary bouncer from A Baby's Best Friend www.abbf.com. I have the best pictures of her that we took while she was on her rented swing in our savanah view balcony at AKV :goodvibes

For the parks, we got a Rayshade for her stroller, which was a lifesaver and I also carried her in a sling whenever she needed a break from the stroller.

It was the best trip and the reason we go so often ;)

All three of my daughters went around 6 months for their first trips and each time was great. Go and enjoy yourself

My oldest DD was 6 months old for her first trip. It was a wonderful trip, and her interaction with the characters was priceless. Now 18 years later, we ask her where she wants to go for her graduation trip? "Really Dad, you have to ask?" So, a two week trip to AKV it is. ;)

We took DS6 to DLR when he was 6 months old, before the VGC was built. It was a great trip, he was super mellow, just napped in the stroller and was wow'ed by the Land, very easy to feed him rice/formula and baby food. It was fun to take pictures and do all the baby rides. I have some great character pictures of the characters coming over to us to coo at the sleeping baby (he was afraid of them when he was awake, so it was just as well).

I don't know if there's a bad age to take your kid to Disney; if there is we haven't found it yet.

We brought my second child (daughter) at 5 months and our third child (son)at 6 months. There are things that can amuse them at that age even. It is a memory they won't have but you will. My oldest (son) was taken when he was 13 months. Bringing him inspired me to purchase DVC.

Not to be a wet blanket but...we took my daughter at 6 months in May. It was VERY hot and she ended up getting heat sickness. I sat up with her ALL NIGHT as she cried with stomach pains!:( I would recommend if you were going to take an infant you do it at a cooler time of year. When she was well, the pictures we have are priceless and she did sleep through a lot of the rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter