Who got the special $49/$59 rate at the ASMovies??

Pepperidge -

We stayed at ASMo 2x in Sept. (on either end of a DVC stay) and we were in the Fantasia 5 section both times. We had rooms 5720 and 5716 and they were great! On the back side so no pool noise, but walk around the corner and the pool is right there, a stroll through the pool area and there's the food court, etc. I actually asked for that same room when we came back the 2nd weekend and we were able to get almost right next door!

Just a note on the playground. We went over with my 4 year old in the afternoon and it was so hot that you could not go on anything without getting burnt and there is also no shade for the parents to sit in. We went back at night and unfortunately, the lighting is really poor and you can't see very well - so the playground may not be such a great place for your child. I'm not sure how the heat will affect you in Oct.

Pepperidge, ask for Buzz #10 facing Woody. I'm sure the CM will figue out the room #. Buzz/Woody are very popular sections and so as Fantasia section. I hope you get a nice location. If you don't get Buzz/Woody section, don't fret, Fantasia and 101 Dalmation are nice too!!

The playground is close to Buzz/Woody section. Since you're going in mid-Oct, the weather should be fine. It's true, there is not much shades at the playground. The playground sits on the sand. Your kids can bring their sand buckets and shovels too if they want.

Anyone else got this wondeful rate?! :)

Pepperidge...

I'm new here, but a Disney veteran none the less. The wife and I stayed in ASMo in March in the Buzz Lightyear section, building 10. We were on the corner room fartherst from the elevator. I had requested third floor so that I didn't have to listen to anyone running around above me during the night (which I highly recommend as little kids seem to have heavy feet!). The room was great! I was located to the right of the 'door' to Andy's Room pretty much behind where the car is, so the view to the play area wasn't too great, but with just a short walk down the hall and we were about butt level with Buzz and could see into the play area with no problem. I liked being on the corner because there were not as many folks around us as usual (more privacy...no kids yet) and all we had to do was head out of the room, take a right and go down the steps to head to the lobby. I think it was room 365, but I can't remember for sure. Regardless it was a great trip. I've got a $59/night room booked at ASMo again for 12/8 - 12/12 and will request the same area. Now if I can just find a job before then I'll be okay...I get my first pink slip on Friday!!!:(

Best of Luck,
Greg

Hi Greg!

I saw that it was your first post and just wanted to welcome you to the DIS! Hope to see you a lot around the Boards! :)

Greg, Kmr & Fantasia,

Thanks a bunch for the help! I will call reservations again soon before we leave to make those requests for the Buzz Lightyear building with a Woody view. I think I might ask for a 3rd floor room to avoid the noise (thanks Greg). This morning I had called to request an adjacent room for my father since he decided to go with us as well, so I hope that works out okay. I had double checked w/ the reservations operation to make sure that the first person I spoke with to make the original reservation put my request in for the Toy Story Building... She didn't. So, hopefully this one did - she said she would. I guess we'll see. Only 2 more weeks! I'm so looking forward to it!!

Thanks again guys,
Mimi

I just called today and was able to get the $49 rate for part of our stay. I still need our first two nights, though.

Beth

Dec 4-12 all-star movie ap rate of mousesavers.com. My orginnal ressie was ASMu, (the ASMo was booked solid), but changed to movie on Monday

Mimi...

I should say that I did fax my request to ASMo three days before we arrived. I requested Buzz Lightyear building and 3rd floor. Both were honored.

FYI... I made reservations again on Sept. 9th for the $59/night rooms at ASMo for Dec. 8-12. I wanted Dec. 7-11, but was told by CRO that there were no rooms available on Dec. 7 at ASMo in the $59/night block. :rolleyes: Oh well...

Greg

Just Switched to AsMO yesterday for 12/8-12/12. Had originally booked at $59 for ASMu, when a different code came out got that reduced to $49, and Yesterday transferred the $49 rate to ASMo. I can't wait! Any suggestions for a building request that allows for plenty of parking nearby? Last year at ASMu we were back on the AsSP side near Country Fair. Long walk to the food court, but we always got a parking space fairly close by. And we drive everywhere. My second preference after parking would be near the playground. Suggestions AsMO experts?

We had first booked Movies at rack rate. Then our local newspaper had the $59.00 special and we had to switch to Music. Then I got the $49.00 rate from Mousesavers but had to switch to Sports. Then I called and was able to switch the $49.00 rate to the Movies and I am SO EXCITED!!!! We stayed at the Movies last Nov/Dec and we loved it!!! We were in the Love Bug section and the room was perfect - it was so nice and quiet. When we first arrived from the airport, our room was not ready and they had just shampooed the carpet so it would not be ready before 4:00 PM. We just checked our luggage and headed out to Epcot. When we returned around 11:00 PM, luggage had already been put in the room. We took the short walk back to the food court to purchase our mugs and it was a great deal! We used it often. Because it was just a short stay, when we left in the morning, we weren't back til late at night and only once did we walk back to our bldg with any other guests.
My 5 yr old DD is so excited to be going back to the Movies and hopes to stay with Oddball in 102 Dalmations section. We'll be at the Movies Nov 28 - Dec 2, and we finally hit the 60 day mark!!!! I am so excited (but still scared to fly!). Anybody else during these dates?

We originally got the $59 rate at AllStarSports. We were told rooms weren't available at the Movies. I called back tonight and got the $49 rate AND rooms at the Movies. My wife didn't want to call because she didn't think we had a chance. NEVER GIVE UP!!!! Not only did we get the room at a better rate we got one at the Movies on top of that!!!

We've stayed at the Toy Story section so this time I asked for Fantasia or Dalmations. Will that be just as nice??

Thanks all!
Dub

We got the $49 special for one night in December before we check into OKW the next day.

I booked today for 8 nights - Nov 30 - Dec 8! Our first time on site.
$49 rate with post card. ASMovies!!! yeah!

BUT, I forgot about special request, like a king bed.... What do I do, Just call back or fax or what??

Thanks!
Toni

Oct 2000 off site
Nov/Dec 2001 - ASMovies!!!!

We were hoping for the $49 rate at All Star Movies starting December 7th for 4 nights. We already have reservations at the Wilderness Lodge for Dec. 11th-20th with the great $129 rate I got using a Mousesavers code. We were planning on staying off-site for four nights before that to do other non-Disney stuff. We had a good rate of $39 plus tax at a hotel we thought would be decent. But we decided to try for the $49 rate at All Star Movies, since it was only $10 more and we think it is a really fun place to stay. We were able to get it for the last three nights we wanted, but not for the first night - Dec. 7th. I'm guessing that is because the Pop Warner event runs through Dec. 8th, so they still have most of the rooms booked for the night of the 7th. Oh well. We will keep trying back for the 7th. If we can't get it, we will just stay at our off-site place that night and swith to Movies on the 8th. We are just so excited about actually getting the $49 rate!! We will pay an extra $10 to stay with Disney any day!

We got 59.00 a night using the code *** from mousesavers, we are staying Dec 16 to the 20th.:bounce:

Edited to delete code per Board Posting Guidelines.

OK, from these posts here it sounds like everyone who has tried has been able to get a discounted rate, so I'll speak up and say that I have not, in case someone else reading this is experiencing the same thing. I've tried several times for our dates of Nov. 15-19, and it's never been available at anything other than rack rate of $77. I'm pretty sure that I'm just going to stick with my $69.50 room at Holiday Inn Family Suites. I had a real concern that we would feel we would be "stepping down" if we moved to the ASMo anyway, and I was really only willing to do it if I could get a discount.

You should of been able to get it? That is low season I believe. Did you call and ask if you could get a rate using the *** code? Have you called lately maybe you should try again, unless you want to stay at the Holiday
Inn.:)

Edited to remove code per Board Posting Guidelines.

Is this rate still good. I will try to call tomorrow. Just planning a short trip down in Dec. for 4 days and did not want to use DVC points. Plus the other hotels are at a great price too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter