Who ever said January was LOW season?? :) UPDATED 2/15/13!

Ahh I'm here! :) Your TR title is so very true! It was like night and day for crowds for this year compared to last year. New Fantasyland must have really just driven in crowds!

Raglan Road is one of our absolute favorites!! I've never had any of the dishes you guys got but they all look fabulous! It's a rule that we always get the bread pudding there because it's the best bread pudding in the world. So love that place!

That's so awesome that you daughter made it on American Idol!! What a cool experience for all of you.. and I love that she chose your son to go with her. Totally adorable. :goodvibes

Wow!! That is so awesome that your daughter made it on American Idol!! What an amazing experience for all of you. :cool1:

Ahh I'm here! :) Your TR title is so very true! It was like night and day for crowds for this year compared to last year. New Fantasyland must have really just driven in crowds!

Raglan Road is one of our absolute favorites!! I've never had any of the dishes you guys got but they all look fabulous! It's a rule that we always get the bread pudding there because it's the best bread pudding in the world. So love that place!

That's so awesome that you daughter made it on American Idol!! What a cool experience for all of you.. and I love that she chose your son to go with her. Totally adorable. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for joining! :cheer2:

I was just amazed at how thick the crowds were when we were there. I've never been in January but had read guide books and such saying to avoid January because it is DEAD and it may ruin your fun to not have things going on! :lmao:

RR is one of my new faves as well! We didn't get the bread pudding as to not spoil our appetite for it at 'Ohana. That one is probably our fave on property! :goodvibes

I was really proud of my daughter, as well as my son for being by her side. I must've done something right! :rolleyes:

Thanks again for stopping by, I'll be over to check your TR for updates! :flower3:

Wow!! That is so awesome that your daughter made it on American Idol!! What an amazing experience for all of you. :cool1:

:wave2: Hello, thank you for joining! We were definitely feeling some pixie dust when my daughter was picked. I'm sure she would agree it was the highlight of our trip! :thumbsup2

OHMYGOSH!!!!! That is so cool! I bet she was over the moon! What a special experience! I'm so glad they gave you a pp card with pics, I would have been driven mad not being able to take pictures! ;)

And as if we hadn’t had enough excitement with the American Idol Experience… it was now time to head over to Rockin’ Roller Coaster. My DS had never ridden it before so he was in for a treat. He loved it of course! :thumbsup2
Disney2013080_zps455d379a.jpg

Not realizing how late it was getting already, it was time to head over to Mama Melrose’s for dinner. We had some really great service this time and some delicious food! My son ordered spaghetti, my daughter got a flatbread and I had steak with macaroni and cheese! OMG, that mac was to-die-for. I don’t even LIKE mac and cheese usually but wow, it was sooo yummy!

Disney2013082_zps83c2733d.jpg

And for dessert, a sugar free custard of some sort. Sounds kinda eh but it was delicious!
Disney2013083_zpsa85364c5.jpg

After dinner we were feeling especially full and decided to take a walk around the back way of HS. We saw Cars and Monsters! (Sulley is my favorite!)
Disney2013084_zpsed85571e.jpg

Disney2013085_zps9fd450bd.jpg

We also had to get a shot of my son with the big Coke bottle. We have a shot exactly like this of his father when we went as a family many moons ago. Another lifetime ago really, but that’s another story!
Disney2013086_zps19843e39.jpg

We finally made our way around to do the Art of Animation. They gave us a choice between Goofy and Jiminy Cricket I believe and majority ruled picking Jiminy. I didn’t do too bad I guess… :confused3

Disney2013087_zps73e92ebe.jpg

After drawing we headed aaaall the way back over to Star Tours. :offtopic: I say that with sarcasm because really, it isn’t too bad of a hike at HS. I don’t ever have a problem walking at HS like I do the other parks.
Anyway, after ST the kids wanted to go ride TSM one more time and I wanted to ride The Great Movie Ride so we split up. Not sure what it is about that one, but I never miss it! :dance3:

It was then a little after 7pm so we headed towards the exit. I took a picture of the hat and as you can see, it was still pretty crowded for January after closing.

Disney2013088_zps88111373.jpg

We headed to our car and started to head back. Somehow I got all twisted around and got lost trying to go to our hotel. :rolleyes: 45 minutes later the kids said let’s just go to Downtown Disney- we’re getting hungry anyway! :lmao: Well, I know my way back from DD so we went. I didn’t get any pics that eve, we were just tired but enjoying ourselves. The kids had Earl of Sandwich and we did some more shopping, then headed back to our hotel. As I recall it wasn’t long before I was out that night so no hot tub for me! Sidenote: my DD went to the hot tub and was out until 2:30! :scared1: Oh to be young again and still be able to hang at the parks the following day...

I’ll be back with our final day in the parks- it went by so fast!!

OHMYGOSH!!!!! That is so cool! I bet she was over the moon! What a special experience! I'm so glad they gave you a pp card with pics, I would have been driven mad not being able to take pictures! ;)

Yes, my girl was so thrilled you would think she was walking on clouds the rest of the day! :cloud9: We were so happy for her. And trust me, I was ITCHING to take pics- that was some serious self control not to. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter