Who enjoys going in February?

Livingmydreams

Earning My Ears
My dh and I are planning a trip for 2020, we were recently thinking march now considering February. I'm afraid that the weather will be iffy. We want to be able to enjoy the warmth as we're coming from Rhode Island. We are not planning President's week it would be more early Feb. What's your take on crowds, weather, etc... Thanks so much

Anything will be warmer than up here in Feb. :) We're going the first week of Feb and I think it should be in the high 60s/low 70s.

We went the first week of February several years ago and the weather was great, IMO. We typically needed a hoodie in the morning, but were comfortable in short sleeves by afternoon. I stuck with pants because I’m usually cold, but my H wore shorts several days. Only one day was really warm enough to swim, but I loved not being hot the whole time! I’m sure it can be colder some years, but we loved the low crowds during that time.

We’ve gone twice in February. Once it was chilly and overcast (highs in 60’s and lows in 40’s!) and once two years later it was 86 degrees. So the weather is really a variable. But personally I’d rather be cold than sweltering hot and in Feb you’re avoiding those summer daily thunderstorms and hurricane season.

I'd love to try it some year, but right now my kids are in school then, so it's not an option for us. It would be nice to get away during what is for us one of the 2 snowiest months of the year. :)

Honestly February can be cold (50's) or warm 80's. It is just too variable year to year, especially earlier in the month. If you don't plan to do a lot of swimming you will be fine, just bring layers. I am sure either way in would be a nice break from the winters up North! Have a great trip:)
And.....crowds are low in early February before the holiday....normally in our experience it doesn't start to get crowded until the Friday before Presidents Day.

Last edited:

Wife and I went years ago for our bday week in Feb - left NYC with winter coats on and left them on all trip! Weather is really hit or miss!

Feb. is our time of year to go. We live in the North East so anything away from the snow is great. Haven't found the temps to be too bad. You might need a light jacket or sweater at night but hey, it's not the frigid NE temps. We usually try to go when the kids are on school break which is usually Presidents Day.

Yeah FL weather is definitely iffy. I ran the princess 10k last year at the end of February and it was a little cold, but warmed up nicely during the day for when we went to Epcot. I'd say book it anyways due to lower crowds and not as much of the awful humidity. You'll just have to monitor the weather leading up to your trip.

We went in Feb 2017 and it was great. Plan for all kinds of weather. Crowds were relatively light. I would definitely recommend doing it. We are only going in Dec this year because we *have* to see the Christmas decorations.

We love February. We go the last week and yes sometimes it can be a bit cooler but we usually get a good number of pool days. The pools are heated. This past year it was in the 80s every day!

DH and I went this past mid-February and it was great!! (and not just bc we left the kids at home!!) We usually go in June so the weather was fabulous and DH and I commented that we hardly sweated!! :rotfl:

We are planning a early February 2021 trip and I peeked at the weather for that week this year and it was upper 70s to low 80s which is heavenly for us!!

We really enjoyed February and loved going to the Festival of the Arts at Epcot!

We've gone in mid-February for the past two years and love it. We plan travel outside of typical school vacations so the crowds are generally smaller. Plus we are escaping snowy, frozen New England so any temps above freezing are a welcome relief.

Two years ago it was mid-80s without a drop of rain. We were leaving the resort each morning in shorts, swimming every day, and didn't need any sweatshirts the entire week. This year it was a mix of rain and sun and we needed to layer for cooler mornings and evenings while middays were hot. Still worlds better weather than back home!

We went Super Bowl Weekend last year. The crowds were tolerable, weather was warmer than NJ (FREEZING when we left) but not warm enough for pools. We were in sweatshirts in the morning, but it warmed up to t-shirts in the afternoon. Comparing to a trip this past May, which we were sweating unless in line for an indoor attraction. Any day in Disney is better than a day at home though!

We have gone in Feb only one (2008) and it was great. In the evenings it got a little chilly but during the day it was short sleeve weather. I have mentioned this before but it is how you are raised. When we got there the locals were dressed like it was high winter. We were in short sleeves and when we checked in a pair of teens walked past us in bikini's while the girl who checked us in had a heave coat on. Also the lack of crowds at the time was incredible. In about 5 hours we walked thru Magic Kingdom and rode anything we wanted. We got to ride several rides 2 or 3 times each.

We've done a couple President's Day weekends and I've gone many times in March. Compared to New England, it will definitely be warmer.

But...it can get rather cool, especially early in the morning and again in the evening. While you'll usually get at least into the 60's during the day, don't rule out even low 50's early and late. And it might be in the 80's...you never know.

When the trip gets close, that's when you'll have to look at the week ahead forecast to see what you'll need to pack.

February is great every week except the week of Presidents day. STAY AWAY THEN!!!

We did 4 days the week after Presidents day week and it was great. Cool in the morning and evening and could swim in the afternoon.

My dh and I are planning a trip for 2020, we were recently thinking march now considering February. I'm afraid that the weather will be iffy. We want to be able to enjoy the warmth as we're coming from Rhode Island. We are not planning President's week it would be more early Feb. What's your take on crowds, weather, etc... Thanks so much
We always go in early Feb because that's when our anniversary is. The weather can change on a dime. We go prepared for chilly days, warm days and rain. Mother Nature likes to keep you guessing when you're in Florida. But it's my favorite time to go. I'll take this weather over the heat and humidity. And the Crowds are not heavy. We never have a problem getting into a restaurant. If you have a favorite ride you want to do, then I would suggest getting FP's.

ABSOLUTELY... RECOMMEND ! 'My Core 4' visit Disney every year. We started our visits 2/3 week March (always avoid Pres. week & Spring Break) Past 5 years have been visiting End 1st / 2nd week FEBRUARY..... HIGHLY RECOMMEND !! THE WEATHER IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL... EVERY YEAR. 75-83degrees Every Day, Nitetime 70's...No Rain ! We live in NJ and the weather is Perfect in Orlando.... There are also addl benefits. Take advantage of Stay,Play & Dine!... Go For It... and Have A Magical Time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter