Who else loves to garden, but hates the creepy crawlers?

Barb

A DIS Original!
I love digging in the garden, planting flowers, sprucing things up and making everything just right. But, I hate all the bugs, etc. that I dig up at the same time. ICK! I don't like worms, slugs, spiders, and all those other interesting things that pop up while I'm digging. That's why I always wear gloves. If I were to touch one of those "things", I'd probably pass out! One time I was planing some flowers and as I was digging the hole, I dug up a toad! I let out the most embarrassing scream! He must have been just laying there and blended in so perfectly, I didn't see him. I think I scared him as much as he scared me! You just never know what you're going to disturb! :eek: Anyone else feel like this??:rolleyes:

That's the main reason I haven't gotten involved in gardening before this. :(

I've gotten used to a lot of the ickier residents of the garden - but I still wear thick suede gloves and will not touch them (isn't that what shovels are for? Flinging worms?). Although I think I saw a grub when I was digging under my snowball bush - that was really gross.

This is a chore my Granddaughters would love. With buckets in hand they will rid your yard of Slimies for a lollipop.

I can handle anything but spiders. I love to gardening until I almost touch the first big one of the year. Then the love affair is over.

I was out weeding the perennial bed yesterday and whole neighborhood could hear me screaming!

I just hate SLUGS! and the kind that are out right now are the footlong green things (some with hoods and black dots). Menacing creatures! Need to get more "Lilly Miller Bug and Slug" and its getting very hard to find. It holds up to rain, rain and more rain and watering for a few weeks instead of becoming ucky mush - which is almost as bad as the slugs to weed through.

The nightcrawlers don't bug me - the robins, starlings and blackbirds are making short work of the grubs, but the slugs don't seem to have a natural enemy around here. Someone told me that hedgehogs eat slugs - they were from New Zealand where the hedgehogs are kind of a pest. The only hedgehogs around here are very expensive pampered things at the pet stores! I would gladdly purchase a few and build them a great big "hedgehog condo" if they'd eat the slugs!

-LA

I really don't like the bugs and creepy crawlies. I wear thick gloves and bury them when I have to see them. The worst for me are the ticks though. The other day my son found a huge spider crawling on me. EEEwwww I screamed so loudly it probably scared the bugs out of the garden. Then our frog jumped up out of the grass and I screamed at him too. Really relaxing this weekend gardening.;)

You guys are too funny, you just crack me up!!
> Wearing gloves cuz if you touched one of those *things*, you would "probably pass out".
> Digging up toads and scaring it with your screams
> Shovels are made for flinging worms!
> Screaming when weeding.
> Hooded, menacing slugs!
> all leading to relaxing weekend gardening.

But I can relate to this ladies... I can relate to it ALL!! :D ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter