Who do you have your email with? What message program/service do you like best?

Dancemom03

Flexican wannabe
We switched from comcast months ago but the email addresses are still active. I've used the all the email available with new current internet provider but would like to keep/transfer the old comcast addresses/contact lists to their own seperate accounts.

I know Yahoo charges a fee - which wouldn't be bad if we didn't need 4 different accounts/addresses and the way I read it it'd be a seperate charge for each. Do you use a free email that'll download into Outlook Express/Windows Mail programs or like a certain free web-based email?

It's such a pain logging into yahoo, then back out to check the messages in a seperate yahoo acct, then back in again. There's gotta be a better way that I'm not aware of in my computer challenged existence...:confused3

I use Gmail for this and it's great. I have 4 different emails set to all go to the google one (one for clients, one for some suppliers, another for other suppliers, one personal).
What I also like about it is you can email OUT from any of those addresses with Gmail as well. Very cool. And the Google calendar is great for reminding me of appointments, due dates, etc. A friend of mine turned me onto this and it makes my life SO much simpler.

You should check it out, I think it will offer what you are looking for.

Yahoo has free email (they also have a pay version - I have never really looked at what that includes). I have 4 yahoo email addresses right now and I don't pay a penny for them.

I have my ISP email which I rarely use, a Yahoo mail account which I use most often and a Gmail account I use as my "junk email" box if I have to use an email to sign up for something and I think I might get spammed, etc.

I use gmail and it's the most convenient email service I have ever used. I would definitely recommend it.

Can you have a few email addresses with gmail?

I have been using yahoo for years and it's always been free. The only thing that you pay for with yahoo is if you need some extreme amount of data storage and I've had times where I had a couple thousand emails in my box and it was no problem.

I use Gmail for this and it's great. I have 4 different emails set to all go to the google one (one for clients, one for some suppliers, another for other suppliers, one personal).
What I also like about it is you can email OUT from any of those addresses with Gmail as well. Very cool. And the Google calendar is great for reminding me of appointments, due dates, etc. A friend of mine turned me onto this and it makes my life SO much simpler.

You should check it out, I think it will offer what you are looking for.

Thanks, It does sound like Gmail could be the answer. Yahoo will download to OE if I pay an annual fee but it's per account so that gets costly. I really prefer using OE/windows mail b/c we live pretty far out and our internet experiences outages. Using my own program offline I can still get something done until internet access is restored.

How is the google set - do all messages automatically appear? Can you view all 4 gmail addresses at once from one sign in? Four would be perfect for me too I think - we have two seperate business email accts, a personal, and another for ebay/pp.

I have been using yahoo for years and it's always been free. The only thing that you pay for with yahoo is if you need some extreme amount of data storage and I've had times where I had a couple thousand emails in my box and it was no problem.

I have two yahoo addresses now that I've used for quite a while, DD19 plays Warcraft online so she has several free yahoo addresses for gaming too but I was hoping to find something that would allow us to view all of them together without signing in & out seperately. Also something that would hopefully allow me to still view messages if offline from my computer. The pay yahoo will do that but I was hoping for something with a lower cost, or better yet - free & very easy:thumbsup2

Yes when I log into Gmail I can see all my mail from my 4 various email addresses at the same time. I'm not sure about working offline, I've never tried that.

I've discovered alot of cool new "techie" things lately (new and techie to me that is, LOL) that are really making my life so much easier. Maybe I'm just moving into the 21st century.....

One that I'll share is a "print to file" application. There are lots of them out there, some free, some paid, but until I read an article in a recent trade magazine I didn't have a clue that something like this was even available.
Instead of printing on paper, when you have a program of this type installed you select that instead of your printer and whatever you are printing is turned into a PDF file. The program I have is Bullzip:
http://download.cnet.com/PDF-Printer/3000-2088_4-10536746.html?tag=mncol

It's a free download.
So instead of using so much paper, I print most things I want to keep to PDF and store them on my computer, back up drive or write them to a CD.
You can even encrypt the documents, add a watermark and much more.

I'm trying to move towards a *semi-paperless* office. I know it will never be completely paperless, LOL but making the stacks on my desk smaller is a step in the right direction!

Another vote for Gmail!
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but another plus with Gmail is little or no spam. I don't know how their filters work, but I've gone months without a spam message.

One minor drawback -- Gmail doesn't use traditional folders for sorting messages -- instead you have to color code or tag them. Not a huge problem, but one little quirk that I wish they would change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter