Who do I tell we'll be celebrating a b-day or anniversary?

krystalleigh1

DIS Veteran
During our trip in Sept. we will be celebrating both our Anniversary and my DS's b-day. I just called CR and let the CM there know when I gave her my ME info.-do I need to tell anyone else? I don't care as much about the anniversary, but I want to make sure that a big deal is made of my DS's b-day. Suggestions?

You should tell everyone.
The phone reservations CMs people, the CM at the desk checking you in, the hostess and waiter/waitresses CMs at restaurants.
Why not?

There are birthday pins available in the parks, I've heard that folks wearing those get extra attention. Or, you could make him an "It's my birthday!" T-shirt, for extra visibility.

Just wanted to find out what your expectations are when you say you want them to "make a big deal" out of his birthday. A huge percentage of the people at WDW are celebrating some special occasion, so they simply can't do something for everyone.

I've seen too many people come back disappointed from a trip because they had a birthday, and expected something magical to happen, and nothing happened at all.

The most you'll get at the resort is a signed picture of a character and some balloons, and that's not always done. They may not acknowledge the birthday at all.

He MIGHT get a birthday cupcake at some restaurants, and if he wears the button, he'll certainly get a lot of "happy birthday's" from the CMs.

If you're looking for something more tangible, like a cake, or having your room decorated, you'll need to arrange and pay for that yourself.

I went for my 50th birthday in February with my friend who had her birthday the week before. The most we got was cupcakes at many resaturants. But everybody tells you happy birthday. It was alot of fun. We went to afternoon tea and they also gave us a rose. I loved celebrating my bithday. When I went to soaring, a gal pulled me aside at the entrance to the building and got me on the phone. Mickey Mouse told me happy Birthday. It was alot of fun.

Oh, he would just be thrilled to have people telling him happy birthday. And, of course, being at WDW will be the ultimate birthday treat. And the Mickey phone call-he'd LOVE that. It won't take much to make his b-day at WDW special, I just know he would be thrilled to be acknowledged by other's that it's his b-day. The button, I think, would help with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter