Who do I go to for an upgrade?

ckret01

DIS Veteran
I would like to upgrade my room. DO I call CRO or do I wait till I get to the resort and ask them? Would they equally charge me the same amount of money?

If you want to change the room type that you've reserved, you'll need to call CRO.

If you don't really care whether you're able to upgrade or not, you can wait and ask at checkin.

Although some have been surprised with great deals, you need to expect to pay the full difference in rates between your reserved room and the room you wish to upgrade to. This can be more $$ than you would have paid had you booked the upgraded room (for instance, discount codes might have been available had you booked in advance, but might not be available at checkin.)

By waiting until check in to ask, you're also risking there being no availability for the room type you wish to upgrade to.

My philosophy is that you should always book the room that you want and that you'll be happy with.

If you want to guarantee an upgrade, then call CRO, change your reservation and pay the difference.

If you want to take your chances, then wait until you check-in and ask about upgrades. This depends on availability (is the upgraded room available for your entire stay). You may be offered the upgrade for a regular charge, a discount or for free... a lot depends on the time of year, occupancy, and the CM's discretion.

I would like to upgrade my room

You can call the CRO and upgrade your room....keep in mind the upgraded room must be available for the length of your stay. The cost of the upgrade depends ... could be rack rate or you may get lucky and a discounted room is available.

If nothing is available when you call the CRO; you could try again at check-in. Again, it depends on the room being vacant your whole stay and the rate they will charge you to upgrade.

If you are looking for a free upgrade -- you may get lucky at ck-in and you get upgraded -- (ie. std parking lot room to a garden view room). I wouldn't suggest asking for a "free" upgrade.

Thanks for the replies. I am not looking for a free upgrade. What happened is I booked the 7 for 5 deal for the CR at a tower room. I also booked a room only for one night before my package starts. The room only is a discounted room for a tower club room. What I am trying to decide on is should I see if I can upgrade (pay of course) to stay in a tower club room for the rest of my package or just change rooms after the first night. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about going from a tower club room to a regular tower room. So I thought about upgrading.

we stayed at both the WL and YC in our past trip this august. We were upgraded in both hotels - and we did not ask in either hotel. We didn't even ask for a particular location in either hotel. In the WL they told us at check-in we were upgraded to a courtyard view (we booked standard) as was my mom who also had a standard room reserved. In the YC we booked a standard view room and ended up in a great room looking right at the lighthouse across the lake to the boarwalk - it may have been the best balcony i have ever had on any vacation. Nobody said anything, we just saw what we got when we got to the room. So maybe if you don't ask and they have it available, if you are lucky -- they will surprise you! we were extremely pleased!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter