Who did you book your cruise through?

Update: Interestingly, about 30 mins after I posted how I was frustrated with DU, I got an email from the agent who gave me my quote. However, she said the price online is not available, as they are all booked. I understand that, but then, why is it still showing on their site?!

Hhhmm.....maybe I should just pay a few hundred more. You get what you pay for when it comes to customer service. I'll keep you updated!

I use a local travel agent. Used her for 25+ years. She is my travel expert and advocate if there is a problem with any portion of the trip.
I would suggest checking with friends to find if they have agents they like. It doesn't cost you anything to contact an travel agent and see if you like them.
I don't want to do any work when booking a vacation, I just tell my travel agent where I want to go and when and she does the rest. When excursion time comes up, no getting up at 3 am for me, she does it all.

First time we booked directly with DCL. For next July we booked the 4 n. cruise using our DVC points so we had to go thru DVC. Then we booked the 3 n. cruise in the same cabine back-to-back with it and we used DU. They were offering a $50 OBC + they actually did the booking on the DCL website, so they got the $25 from DCL too so we have a $75 OBC for the 3 n. Because they booked it thru the DCL website the price was exactly the same as if I'd done it myself - we just gained the OBC!! It would've been more of a credit except we only booked a Cat. 10 (snagged a SPH cabin for both cruises:banana: )!! I think the amount of the OBC is always $25 with DCL's website regardless of the category you book, but it usually varies with TA's depending on the category you book. The better the category, the better the credit!! Likewise, the longer the cruise, the better the credit.

BTW, I had no problems what-so-ever using DU - the girl we got was very responsive to all of my emails - and our reservation showed up on the DCL website right away so I can see it whenever I want and I can still call DCL directly if I want to with any questions I might have.:thumbsup2

We booked with All Seasons. Sandra has been great and they were able to get us a midship Cat 3 which we were waitlisted for.

I've booked my next two (4-day in November and EB Repo in August) with Christine at Fairytale Dreams and Destinations. She has very personal service. :)

I booked directly by phone with DCL, but found out I can get $275 Costco gift card per cabin (we have connecting cat 10's) for our March 2008 spring break 7 night cruise. I shop there all the time and that can get a lot of groceries! I am checking with that cruisecompete.com to see if I can do better, but at spring break I think that this is going to be the best. Haven't transferred the reservation yet though.

We booked through Costco and are getting the gift card for $275. Only problem is we don't get it until several weeks after the cruise. But, we do all our major shopping at Costco, so it was worth it to us.

I couldn't see anywhere on Costco's website what the dollar amt of the Costco card was. Does it vary depending on the amt of the cruise? The agent I chatted with on the phone didn't tell me either. Any ideas on where I can find this info out? TIA.

We used All Seas Travel!

They promptly informed us when Florida Residents Rates came out. And were patient when I bumped us up to a 9 then up to a 5 for the corresponding Fla Res discounts.

Also--when the DCL computers purged my Flounders and Palo Brunch Reservations, I called All Seas and they were the ones to track down with DCL that my reservations had existed then worked with DCL to get them reinstated. :)

We have no costco's near us--but that gift card sounds like a fabulous deal. :)

Conversely, we have our Carnival cruise booked with USAA and I am not sure I would ever use them again. Once they had our deposits, I felt the service lacking. Then our initial TA disappeared (turns out she didn't work there anymore) but noone told us. Then when I called recently (Can't recall why) and asked about documents, I was told we wouldn't get any. Three days later I got documents. They do use a 3rd party (it technically isn't USAA when you are dealing with them) and I can't say that I felt like there was any reason we should have booked with them in the first place. Ordinarily we find USAA's service to be wonderful--but we have not found this to be the case once we booked a cruise with them.

We booked direct with DCL for a $25 onboard credit then transferred it to Dreams Unlimited for $50 more! I checked around and that's the best we could find for the 7 day Western Alternate Double Dip Cruise in Sept 2008.

Hi Heather98012,

If you are having difficulty contacting Dreams UnlimitedTravel, please send me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

Just to let you know....we lost a firewall very early this morning and site and email were doen a good portion of the day.

Kevin

We've booked ours directly through DCL. Like one of the other poster said, it may be a little more money, but we just feel more comfortable.

We booked through AAA - our TA was extremely helpful and kept us up to date on everything. They had the lowest price by a tad, but the OBC gave them an even greater edge. :thumbsup2

What agent did you use or did you book directly through DCL? I have been looking around for a possible Nov/Wonder 3 day cruise. I am just, like everyone, trying to get the best possible deal. Thanks so much!!
mo

I used Pam with mouseearvacations.com. She is awesome! I was nervous but she calmed my fears and anytime I ask her a question via email ( and I have and will still ask lots of questions cause I'm just like that:rotfl:) she has always gotten back with me through email within 10 minutes! Usually takes about 5! I am very pleased with her.

Good luck booking yours and if you have any other questions let me know and I will be glad to help you if I can!

We booked with All Seasons. Sandra has been great and they were able to get us a midship Cat 3 which we were waitlisted for.

We used All Seas Travel!

They promptly informed us when Florida Residents Rates came out. And were patient when I bumped us up to a 9 then up to a 5 for the corresponding Fla Res discounts.

Also--when the DCL computers purged my Flounders and Palo Brunch Reservations, I called All Seas and they were the ones to track down with DCL that my reservations had existed then worked with DCL to get them reinstated.
We too have used All Seasons Travel on several Disney cruises and are extremely pleased. They are very knowledgeable, have excellent pricing, and their service is second to none.

Woody

We have booked our 3rd cruise with Cruise deals online and our agents name is John. When ever we have a question we call him and he personally answers the phone. He is very personable.

Their price has always been several hundred dollars less than DCL. We don't get any OSC but what we have experience those agencies who offer it their price of the cruise goes up that same amount.

My best friend and her husband booked the same cruise that we are going on in Feb, a month or so after us and was able to get a cabin right next to us. We were so excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter