who buys the grooms ring

miranda1979

doing the donald in 09 :)
Ok I am making the plung to post a thread after lurking around.
So I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and we are now are talking about getting engaged and starting a family. We were discussing my ring last night. which we have already picked out. :) Now that he will be buying my ring do I have to purchase his ring? I have never know the answer to this question and we were wondering if anyone else knows "the tradition". Or what have, or going to do when it comes to buying your husbands band.

Thanks for your help. :)
Miranda

I would say yes it is traditional for the bride to by the grooms ring. I know I bought Chris's. He picked it out though. I know alot of couples buy them together as a set. I think whatever you and your DF decided is what you should go with. Welcome and congratulations.

Shaun and I picked out our wedding rings together. He paid for them, but I'm also paying for Randy Chapman/Groom's Cake so it evens out cost wise, but our finances completely combined so its all the same.

Thanks so much for the welcome belle. :) I guess I will do the same. Yes yearbook he will be getting a grooms cake as well but I make wedding cakes so I will be making my cake and his. :)

We have a joint bank account so we are just going to pay for everything together

We have paid for everything together including the rings. We picked a set and paid for them using his CC but as our money is joint it didn't make much difference.

Brian wanted to pick out and pay for his own ring, but I ended up paying for it myself before he had the chance.

while we are paying for everything else joint - JJ paid for mine and I paid for his. He actually got two rings - his wedding band is platinum with diamonds and then he picked out an everyday ring for work..

Michelle :cloud9:

I bought his ring.. personally, I just wanted to do it myself.. it made me happy to buy his ring for him.

we went looking at them together and he chose the one he wanted without any help from me. I was so worried he was going to get something ugly but I really love the ring he chose! :thumbsup2

I havent thought that far out... But I would like to pay for his ring... Being that he will buy my wedding band and he already bought my E-ring

I bought my DH's wedding ring...he did not pick it out either so it was a suprise on our wedding day. I figured he bought me a diamond so it was only fair that I buy him a diamond too.

WOW thanks everyone for your response's I will diffently buy his ring I have already picked it out. :) thanks for all the great feed back. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter