Who am I? Lady GaGa or something? 2/8 A Little Trip Around the World, Sort of...

Joining in and all caught up. :goodvibes

Sorry about your furbaby and the vet sound like he loves his job.... maybe a bit too much. :lmao:

1 1/2 hours to check in !!!! :scared1::scared1:

I certainly hope you got a great room. :lmao:

That is a terrible check-in story! Oh my goodness. Even your happiness at being at Disney must have been wearing off at that point. :sad2:

I do think the rooms look cool at BLT and seeing the castle from my bed (or one of those lovely jacuzzi tubs!) would be awesome but otherwise can't say the resort holds much appeal for me. Although now that I think about it, the Top of the World lounge sounds awfully cool too...

Totally agree BCV rooms could use a refurb!

Sounds good to me! :rotfl:

:)

Joining in and all caught up. :goodvibes

Sorry about your furbaby and the vet sound like he loves his job.... maybe a bit too much. :lmao:

1 1/2 hours to check in !!!! :scared1::scared1:

I certainly hope you got a great room. :lmao:

Welcome!!!

Thanks! I was very upset about Minnie! That vet is one weird dude :upsidedow

You, our check in is something I don't care to repeat!!! CRAZY!!!!

Ahhh, we shall see what the room was like ;)

That is a terrible check-in story! Oh my goodness. Even your happiness at being at Disney must have been wearing off at that point. :sad2:

I do think the rooms look cool at BLT and seeing the castle from my bed (or one of those lovely jacuzzi tubs!) would be awesome but otherwise can't say the resort holds much appeal for me. Although now that I think about it, the Top of the World lounge sounds awfully cool too...

Totally agree BCV rooms could use a refurb!

Yup!!! It was terrible!!! I kept trying to remind myself that everything would be fine and the poor girl behind the counter wasn't at fault! I am, however in the process of writing an email for DVC.

I only wish BLT had more of a disney personality! The views are fabulous, but a lot of the MK view is over a parking lot. I like the view from Poly sooo much better! Of course, you know I'm a resort snob ;)

I really, really love BC! But, I admit my room in May could have used a little sprucing up!

So, I left off after the most awful check in ever! And we were off to MK!! I must confess, I didn’t take very many pictures on the first day. I think it was a combo of being exhausted from getting up so early, travel and the check in and the fact that it’s hard to wrangle 6 other people and take pictures.

A quick walk and we were soon at MK walking through the gates.

First stop was lunch! Hot Dogs at Casey’s here we come!! MK was quiet crowded but we were lucky enough to get food quickly and find a table.

Lunch was yummy as usual and soon it was time to get our ride on! I got up and threw the garbage away. A lady came over and asked if we were done and I told her yes. She wanted our table, fine. I told her to follow me over. But when I got to the table the lady wasn’t there and I didn’t see her anywhere. We collected up all our stuff and she still wasn’t around. So we left. Well, a man came over and took the table at the same time the lady approached, the man happened to get to the table first. You can only imagine what happened next!! There was almost a fist fight! Way to feel the magic people!!!

And we were off to our first ride!! Ryan got to pick the first ride this trip so IASW it was!

Fantasyland was a crazy mess of people, but luckily the wait for IASW was posted at 20 minutes. I think we waited 10!

The kiddos had a great time as usual!

Then it was decision time! Fantasyland was so crowded I didn’t even want to think about go back through toward the castle! I suggested HM and the kiddos thought that was a fabulous idea!!

Remember that Pixie Dust and Wishes in my PTR!? Yeah, this was one of the times I really needed it during the trip! I told the family I had to go park Ryan’s stroller. For some reason stroller parking was over next to CHH at the time so DH and I went to park the stroller, MIL and DD waited by the entrance of the queue. DS8 had been with FIL. FIL, being to impatient to wait while we parked the stroller, got online!

Really?!

I explained to DH that the line is different now and if the line was moving fast we would have no idea which way they went! Not to mention, how were we to know that they really were together!?!

I was not a happy camper!! FIL was increasing his odds of becoming a permanent resident of the ride! GRRRRRRRR!

We found them inside the queue, and FIL wanted us to climb over the chain and join them! I’m a line cutter!!! I HATE that!! But DH just jumped over like it was no big deal and so did DD and DS4. Grrrrrrrrr!!! I really had no other choice so over I went with MIL!

We thoroughly enjoyed our romp through the graveyard! The kids loved it and DH was very impressed!

We waited a little while longer and soon boarded our doom buggies!! DH, Ryan and I, Johnny and Grandpa, Dorothy and Grandma!

Everyone was impressed with the new hitchhiking ghosts at the end! Especially DH! Our heads got switched!!!

After HM Dorothy and Johnny decided that they must ride BTMRR! So we were off to the wildest ride in the wilderness!! I tired to hard to convince Ryan that he wanted to ride it on our way over. But, little mister fussy pant wouldn’t go for it! Boo to you!

So MIL, Ryan and I waited while DH, FIL, Dorothy and Johnny went for a ride!! The posted wait was 50 minutes, I was hoping it wasn’t!

So we waited and waited! There was really no place to sit, but at one point MIL said, “Umm, I need to sit down!” She got really, really pale!!! She had gotten really dizzy and she scared the cr@p out of me! MIL has a lot of problems with her stomach, so she hadn’t eaten dinner the night before and hadn’t really eaten anything yet that day for fear of having an issue on the plane! No wonder!!

Ryan and I got her a pretzel and water and she seemed to get better. Her color returned which made me feel better!

While we waited some more the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade headed our way. Ryan really wanted to see it so I took him over on the bridge by splash. It was a crazy sea of people and there was absolutely no way he was going to be able to see!

So, I picked him up! He still couldn’t really see, so I put him on my shoulders! He loved it!! He was so excited to see the parade!!!

When the parade was over, much to the relief of my neck and back, I put him down and we head back to MIL. I was little of what I was going to find after her dizzy spell but she was fine!

Soon the wild bunch arrived back!! I was really hoping the room would have been ready, but it wasn’t! So, it was time to decide what to do next!

No one was feeling splash too much, especially because the posted wait was 90 minutes!

The kiddos, especially Ryan, decided POTC was a must!!

Posted wait was 30 minutes, it turned out to be 15ish! Everyone, especially my littlest scurvy pirate, really enjoyed the ride!

Luckily, as I climbed out of the boat my fancy dancy new phone buzzed to let me know that our room was ready!

Woo hooo!!!

We walked toward Main Street and rounded corner to head out. Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it was going on!

I’m fairly famous for impromptu bouts of silliness so I started dancing to the music as I pushed Ryan’s stroller down the sidewalk!

Flotsam and Jetsam, opps, I mean Dorothy and Johnny, thought I was hysterical so Ryan turned around to see what they were laughing at!

He said, “Mom! What are you? Lady GaGa or something?!”

I nearly died laughing!!!! First of all, I didn’t even know that my 4 year old knew who Lady GaGa is!! Not to mention that he would compare me to Lady GaGa was too dang funny!!!!! It also became a thing! It still is a thing!! Everytime I did, or do, something he thinks is silly or funny, he says “What are you? Lady GaGa or something?” I’ve actually started telling him “Yes, I am!” at this point!!!! ;)

I love HM!! It was my first ride at Disney World, and it's one of my favorites! I can't wait to see the new queue and the hitchhiking ghosts!! I'm glad you guys had a great time!

I actually love the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade!! The song gets stuck in my head, though! haha
That is tooo funny about your son asking if you were lady gaga or something!:rotfl: How cute!! Kids say the funniest things!! Their sense of humor is just priceless!!

Sounds like you all got a good amount done at the MK! The new HM queue is awesome! Is it just me, or did you kind of feel rushed through it though? I felt like I was holding people up if I stopped to check out a certain part for too long!

The thought of Casey's hotdogs is making my mouth water as we speak! Yummmm! I don't like the idea of us only being there for 4/5 days on our next trip because that means we need to choose between several really delicious CS places in the MK!

On my wedding PTR I posted the link to the cake lady's website but I'll post it here too in case you don't get back there to check
http://cookiedreamscookieco.blogspot.com/

She really does the best job and is the nicest lady. She lives over by me but she does deliveries. Her website has tons of pictures of her work!

Sounds like a very interesting first day! Sorry about your MIL! That would be scary. I hope your vacation got easier after you got into your room...

:rotfl2: How FUNNY! I bet that was completely unexpected. Who knows how kids learn the things they do sometimes?! :laughing:

Excited to see your beautiful room!

So funny that your kids call you Lady Gaga. Obviously they never saw her meat costume. You might need to change your halloween costume for next year's party. Go Gaga!

I hope you hightailed it out of there BEFORE there was a fist fight over the table. Seriously. You told the lady to follow you and then she disappears. :confused3 Oh My. talk about awkward.

I can't see your pics now, but the whole crowd thing - boo! Still, it sounds like you had a fun time at MK. Can't wait to see pics of your room.

:rotfl2: Too funny about Ryan!! What a little cutie!! And look at you getting down with your dancing....next time we are all together I think you should do some dancing in Africa over by the Dawa bar;) Tried to get my niece to join in but she wouldn't :rolleyes1

Love the new queue at HM...and the hitchhikers at the end are hilarious too. :thumbsup2

Is it me or did you think it was significantly more crowded this year over last October? I sure did. :rolleyes:

Tracy

Looks busy at MK!! I'm excited to see the new HM queue! It wasn't there in March when we went last. I'm a bit concerned about how busy October might be next year when we go - new Fantasyland stuff will be at least partially open.

Your son is TOO FUNNY!!!!! I think that's such a great line coming from a 4 year old! I'm trusting that you were not in any way DRESSED like Lady GaGa!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your room and what you thought about it. I've seen your view on FB - I keep forgetting to check what room we had at BLT to compare.

Too funny that your 4 year old called you Lady GaGa. It is amazing what they say at that age.

We loved the end of HM. DS thought it was hilarious.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO loving the way you got the title for your TR. That is absolutely hysterical what Ryan said. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

The MK sure looked busy, but you got a few of the big attractions taken care of despite the crowd.

I'm glad your MIL was feeling better after having a little something to eat and drink...I'm sure that was scary.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the HM graveyard - it sure is a lot of fun! :cool1:

Oh no on MIL not feeling well...am glad she felt better after some food and a sit down.

:lmao: :lmao: at Ryan's comments on your dancing!! It's hilarious how you got this title and I love that he still says it to you as well.

Agree with Tracy that your Lady Gaga dance would be most welcome at the Dawa bar. While we sit, sip margaritas and laugh... with you... not at you. ;)

I definitely found this Oct far more crowded than in the past. Guess word is getting out that it is such a fun time of year to go. :sad2:

Can't wait to see your room!

I love that picture of the walkway to the MK sign. That's the greatest thing about staying at BLT.

Nice HM queue pics and you got madame and the bride all in one try. Strong work there! :worship: Cute pics of the kids, too.

We switched our June trip to BLT, lake view. :goodvibes We're not going to tell the kids and surprise them with the resort change, they think we're staying at our home resort AKV. ;) We've never stayed at BLT, the decor does nothing for me but you can't beat the location. Can't wait to walk to MK! Have some research to do on the resort though. Will definitely be adding your room request tip and hope for the best.

MK looked busy. :headache: You got a few good ones in though. :thumbsup2

Glad MIL was better with a snack and drink, that would have scared me too!

ok so seriously. After all of the crud, between the stress of SW boarding (Which I am SO with you, stresses me out), the NIGHTMARE check in, the MIL on the verge of passing out, line cutting and all...you bursting into spontaneous silly dance and being called Lady Gaga by your 4 year old is..

why we love you.

Seriously.

:worship:

I love HM!! It was my first ride at Disney World, and it's one of my favorites! I can't wait to see the new queue and the hitchhiking ghosts!! I'm glad you guys had a great time!

I actually love the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade!! The song gets stuck in my head, though! haha
That is tooo funny about your son asking if you were lady gaga or something!:rotfl: How cute!! Kids say the funniest things!! Their sense of humor is just priceless!!

I LOVE HM!!! You will love the new queue and hitchhiking hikes!

I think Celebrate a Dream Come True is really cute!!

Ryan is too darn funny!!

Sounds like you all got a good amount done at the MK! The new HM queue is awesome! Is it just me, or did you kind of feel rushed through it though? I felt like I was holding people up if I stopped to check out a certain part for too long!

The thought of Casey's hotdogs is making my mouth water as we speak! Yummmm! I don't like the idea of us only being there for 4/5 days on our next trip because that means we need to choose between several really delicious CS places in the MK!

On my wedding PTR I posted the link to the cake lady's website but I'll post it here too in case you don't get back there to check
http://cookiedreamscookieco.blogspot.com/

She really does the best job and is the nicest lady. She lives over by me but she does deliveries. Her website has tons of pictures of her work!

We did do a lot for how crowded it was! I did feel rushed through the new queue! I felt like I was holding people up!

LOL!! I have a hard time choosing meals for 7 days! Whenever we do less it's impossible!

OMG!!!! Those cakes are amazing!!!!!!!! Did you see my Kirby Cake on FB?

Sounds like a very interesting first day! Sorry about your MIL! That would be scary. I hope your vacation got easier after you got into your room...

:rotfl2: How FUNNY! I bet that was completely unexpected. Who knows how kids learn the things they do sometimes?! :laughing:

Excited to see your beautiful room!

MIL scared me!! I felt so bad for her! She got so pale!

Ryan really shocked me!! I still laugh about it!!! He's a funny little guy!!

So funny that your kids call you Lady Gaga. Obviously they never saw her meat costume. You might need to change your halloween costume for next year's party. Go Gaga!

I hope you hightailed it out of there BEFORE there was a fist fight over the table. Seriously. You told the lady to follow you and then she disappears. :confused3 Oh My. talk about awkward.

I can't see your pics now, but the whole crowd thing - boo! Still, it sounds like you had a fun time at MK. Can't wait to see pics of your room.

Didn't you know that I left my meat dress at home during our trip in May?! ;)

We were pretty far away before they started to get into it! It was stupid! Did she think she was magically reserving the table from far away!?

:rotfl2: Too funny about Ryan!! What a little cutie!! And look at you getting down with your dancing....next time we are all together I think you should do some dancing in Africa over by the Dawa bar;) Tried to get my niece to join in but she wouldn't :rolleyes1

Love the new queue at HM...and the hitchhikers at the end are hilarious too. :thumbsup2

Is it me or did you think it was significantly more crowded this year over last October? I sure did. :rolleyes:

Tracy

As long as I can have a lost on safari first I'll bust a move ;)

I love HM!!! I can't wait to see what ghosts we get next!

It was a lot more crowded!! I'm interested to see what the crowd levels are in few weeks! It's supposed to be pretty light, I hope that holds true!

Looks busy at MK!! I'm excited to see the new HM queue! It wasn't there in March when we went last. I'm a bit concerned about how busy October might be next year when we go - new Fantasyland stuff will be at least partially open.

Your son is TOO FUNNY!!!!! I think that's such a great line coming from a 4 year old! I'm trusting that you were not in any way DRESSED like Lady GaGa!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your room and what you thought about it. I've seen your view on FB - I keep forgetting to check what room we had at BLT to compare.

It was busy!! You will love the new queue!! it's cool!! Yeah, I'm interested to see what next fall will bring as well!

:lmao: Ryan is too funny! No, I wasn't dressed like Lady Gaga, unless she shops at lands end because I know I was wearing my comfy, cotton capris from lands end that day because they're great to travel in!

I'll be back soon with an update on the room ;)

Too funny that your 4 year old called you Lady GaGa. It is amazing what they say at that age.

We loved the end of HM. DS thought it was hilarious.

:rotfl2: I still can't get over that!! Lady Gaga!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO loving the way you got the title for your TR. That is absolutely hysterical what Ryan said. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

The MK sure looked busy, but you got a few of the big attractions taken care of despite the crowd.

I'm glad your MIL was feeling better after having a little something to eat and drink...I'm sure that was scary.

:lmao: He says it at least once a day now!! Funny kid!

It was crowded but we really had success getting on rides!

I was so worried about MIL! I had visions of her being carted out of MK on a stretcher!

I'm glad you all enjoyed the HM graveyard - it sure is a lot of fun! :cool1:

Oh no on MIL not feeling well...am glad she felt better after some food and a sit down.

:lmao: :lmao: at Ryan's comments on your dancing!! It's hilarious how you got this title and I love that he still says it to you as well.

LOVE the new HM queue!!!!

MIL scared me half to death!!

Ryan is too darn funny! Crazy kid!!

Agree with Tracy that your Lady Gaga dance would be most welcome at the Dawa bar. While we sit, sip margaritas and laugh... with you... not at you. ;)

I definitely found this Oct far more crowded than in the past. Guess word is getting out that it is such a fun time of year to go. :sad2:

Can't wait to see your room!

A drink or 2 and I'll be busting a move ;)

It really was a lot more crowded! Boo!!! I'm interested to see what it's like in a few weeks! It's supposed to be light, but we shall see!

I love that picture of the walkway to the MK sign. That's the greatest thing about staying at BLT.

Nice HM queue pics and you got madame and the bride all in one try. Strong work there! :worship: Cute pics of the kids, too.

Isn't it?!

:lmao: I took both of those pics with my phone!!!! I was very proud!!!

My kiddos are definitely cute, but I'm a little biased!

We switched our June trip to BLT, lake view. :goodvibes We're not going to tell the kids and surprise them with the resort change, they think we're staying at our home resort AKV. ;) We've never stayed at BLT, the decor does nothing for me but you can't beat the location. Can't wait to walk to MK! Have some research to do on the resort though. Will definitely be adding your room request tip and hope for the best.

MK looked busy. :headache: You got a few good ones in though. :thumbsup2

Glad MIL was better with a snack and drink, that would have scared me too!

You will LOVE walking to MK! It's so convenient!! There is a BLT rooms thread, I'll find it and post a link for you! Lots of good info!

MK was definitely busy but we did pretty good! Actually, I think this is the first time we've ever waited an hour for a ride!

Poor MIL! I'm just glad she got better!

ok so seriously. After all of the crud, between the stress of SW boarding (Which I am SO with you, stresses me out), the NIGHTMARE check in, the MIL on the verge of passing out, line cutting and all...you bursting into spontaneous silly dance and being called Lady Gaga by your 4 year old is..

why we love you.

Seriously.

:worship:

:lmao::rotfl2: I just try to go with the flow! Most of the time ;) :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter