• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who am I? Lady GaGa or something? 2/8 A Little Trip Around the World, Sort of...

That is such a crazy wait time!!! We've stayed at BLT twice and have had smooth check-ins both times.
I hope you get a great room to make up for that less than magical beginning to your trip.

We are staying at Bay Lake over spring break and are wait listed for a MK view. If that wait list doesn't come through I'll have to remember that even number room on the north end, and request it for our lake view villa.
I'm so in love with the 1br villas at Bay Lake! They are huge!!!

I like BLT. I love to proximity to MK, you can't beat that! It's fabulous to be able to walk back and forth, especially after MNSSHP! No waiting for a bus!! Woo too!! That being said, I'm not a huge fan of the theming. I actually feel like it's lacking a theme. The pictures on the wall don't make it disney. But, that's just my opinion!

We stayed there in Dec. 2009, shortly after it opened and I agree with Melissa. It's got a lot of good things- location being the biggest, but it's kind of blah otherwise.

We got one of those Lake view rooms that are really an MK view - a studio on like the 6th floor I think. That was sweet!
I think you deserved something good for that mess!!

We stayed there in Dec. 2009, shortly after it opened and I agree with Melissa. It's got a lot of good things- location being the biggest, but it's kind of blah otherwise.

Marc really isn't a fan of BLT. I will agree that it isn't themed...
He feels like there's no warmth, no CMs around. Well, it's the same back in the villas at Beach Club, but they are themed much nicer. I'll agree about that!
There is just something about that place that I like. Every time we stay at BLT I like it better and Marc just shakes his head.
I don't think it will replace my love of Beach Club. I just wish they would refurb my first home...

Ughhhh what a horrible wait time for check in :headache: Still haven't stayed at BLT....one of these days I'll try it out ;)

I remember you sending me your luggage picture and I think you had enough packed :rotfl2:

Siri just reminded me of my chiropractor appointment this morning. Love her!!

Tracy

Hi, there, I'm Brandilyn!! I'm subbing in! I really am liking the way you write! :)

Waiting that long to check in would have made me so crazy!! I'm glad that everything got worked out for you guys, though! From what I read on the boards DVC points are precious, so I can only imagine (literally) how stressful that was! Great TR so far, can't wait to read more!

The is about the worst checkin story I have heard to date. How did it get so messed up? Jen and I had trouble with checkin there. They had no recollection or documentation that Jen had added the dining plan to our reservation. Then they basically said it was her responsibility to call ahead of time and confirm it had been added. :confused3 Really?

I'm pretty sure I saw a FB picture that indicated you had a great room location!

All I can say is - At least you didn't set off the metal detector again with your bra! :rotfl:

Welcome Kristin!!!

I bought a new power cord at best buy yesterday and everything seems to be fine!

I like BLT. I love to proximity to MK, you can't beat that! It's fabulous to be able to walk back and forth, especially after MNSSHP! No waiting for a bus!! Woo too!! That being said, I'm not a huge fan of the theming. I actually feel like it's lacking a theme. The pictures on the wall don't make it disney. But, that's just my opinion!

Glad your laptop is working again! The proximity of BLT to the MK is just such a huge draw. I agree though about the theming, every picture I seen hasn't really made me fall in love. The thing is, our friends that we're renting from own there, so that's where they can book at 11 months. We'll see! Thanks Melissa!

I can't believe it took you that long to check in! Because of FB, I know how this turned out...:rolleyes1 You deserved a good room!! I hope your points were ok!

I'm not so hot on the theming either...the location is just such a plus! Thanks for the input :goodvibes

Yay, an update! :thumbsup2 I can relate to the 'family being grouchy in the morning thing', only it's not my family, it's me. I try not to be TOO grouchy when I wake up but sometimes you just can't help it... but on Disney days I LEAP out of bed. :laughing:
Looks like your son was able to entertain himself on the flight! Too funny.
Oh good Lord, I think I would have gone completely crazy in the situation. Way to keep your cool! Can't wait to see how awesome the room is!

P.S. Thanks for the welcome! I'm still very new and everyone so far has been very friendly and lovely. My kind of people!

I love the photos of DS on the flight - he looks so excited to be going to Disney World!! :cool1:

Wow an hour and 15 minute wait! :eek: That is unheard of! After that wait I would be wanting the best room available! :lmao:

Oh good....I'm not too far behind on your TR.

I love the photos of your son on the plane -- he's obviously happy he's going to DW.

That is a horrible amount of time to get checked-in. We've never even visited the BLT, but I'm not a big fan of "contemporary" and the rooms just don't appeal to me. But the convenience factor, I am sure, is a huge plus.

OMG, an hour and 15min would have made my head explode!! :scared1: I can guarantee you my family would not have been so patient. ;) REALLY hoping you got some darn good room after all that hassle.

I'm with you on the SWA seating. Traveling with kids makes me stressed waiting to get on the plane. The worst was our last trip, for some reason I was singled out and couldn't do online check-in so we weren't in the same boarding group. :headache:

I tired so hard not to get annoyed!! I kept reminding myself that it wasn't her fault and that I was in Disney! I'm am truly surprised and impressed that they were that patient!!!

OMG, I would have freaked if I wasn't able to board with my kids!!

That's crazy! I don't know how you stayed patient through that. The same things were going through my mind as you were describing it. OMG, her points......you can tell we're DVC members, right? :lmao:

I tired very, very hard to stay patient!! LOL! :lmao: I'll admit, I thought to myself "if my points are messed up I'm going to FREAK!!!"

That is such a crazy wait time!!! We've stayed at BLT twice and have had smooth check-ins both times.
I hope you get a great room to make up for that less than magical beginning to your trip.

We are staying at Bay Lake over spring break and are wait listed for a MK view. If that wait list doesn't come through I'll have to remember that even number room on the north end, and request it for our lake view villa.
I'm so in love with the 1br villas at Bay Lake! They are huge!!!

Ack!! It was CRAZY!!!

Honestly, we stay in a MK view last october, it really wasn't that great of a view! I am definitely spoiled by having stayed MK view at Poly twice but this was kinda parking lot and MK view. We were right above the porte cochere. I actually called the front desk and asked if we could be moved. Unfortunately they didn't have anything else. If the wait list comes through definitely request a room on a high floor!!!!

I definitely agree that the 1 bedrooms, which is what DH and I stayed in last october are huge!!!

We got one of those Lake view rooms that are really an MK view - a studio on like the 6th floor I think. That was sweet!
I think you deserved something good for that mess!!

I think it's all opinion. I definitely like it more then I thought I would. But I like more themed resorts a lot better, WL, Poly, AK!

Marc really isn't a fan of BLT. I will agree that it isn't themed...
He feels like there's no warmth, no CMs around. Well, it's the same back in the villas at Beach Club, but they are themed much nicer. I'll agree about that!
There is just something about that place that I like. Every time we stay at BLT I like it better and Marc just shakes his head.
I don't think it will replace my love of Beach Club. I just wish they would refurb my first home...

I will admit BLT has grown on me. I agree about there not being a lot of CM's around at BCV but I feel like the themeing is much more homey. I actually felt at home!!

WOW that is definitely one of the worst check in stories I have ever heard! I have never had issues like that before!!! Unreal!! I really hope that you did end up in a good room after all of that!!

I'm with Anita an you on this one! I really really enjoy BLT!!! I love the location, you just can't beat that!!

Ughhhh what a horrible wait time for check in :headache: Still haven't stayed at BLT....one of these days I'll try it out ;)

I remember you sending me your luggage picture and I think you had enough packed :rotfl2:

Siri just reminded me of my chiropractor appointment this morning. Love her!!

Tracy

It was an interesting time at check-in thats for sure!!

I felt like we had sooooo much stuff! Although 1/4 of the biggest suitcase was empty! Room to bring stuff home ;)

Johnny and I were playing with Siri last night. I thought it was fabulous that I asked her to "check the calendar for Johnny's birthday" and it came up!!

Hi, there, I'm Brandilyn!! I'm subbing in! I really am liking the way you write! :)

Waiting that long to check in would have made me so crazy!! I'm glad that everything got worked out for you guys, though! From what I read on the boards DVC points are precious, so I can only imagine (literally) how stressful that was! Great TR so far, can't wait to read more!

Welcome Brandilyn!!!!

I tired very hard not to make the get mad!! DVC points are very, very precious!! Having them get messed up would have made me loss it!!!

The is about the worst checkin story I have heard to date. How did it get so messed up? Jen and I had trouble with checkin there. They had no recollection or documentation that Jen had added the dining plan to our reservation. Then they basically said it was her responsibility to call ahead of time and confirm it had been added. :confused3 Really?

I'm pretty sure I saw a FB picture that indicated you had a great room location!

All I can say is - At least you didn't set off the metal detector again with your bra! :rotfl:

It was pretty awful!! I just really wanted to get out of there!!! I remember your story about your checkin at BLT!! Really?! That's just stupid!

I bet your right about the room ;)

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: You made me laugh so hard!! I thought of that both times!!

Glad your laptop is working again! The proximity of BLT to the MK is just such a huge draw. I agree though about the theming, every picture I seen hasn't really made me fall in love. The thing is, our friends that we're renting from own there, so that's where they can book at 11 months. We'll see! Thanks Melissa!

I can't believe it took you that long to check in! Because of FB, I know how this turned out...:rolleyes1 You deserved a good room!! I hope your points were ok!

I'm not so hot on the theming either...the location is just such a plus! Thanks for the input :goodvibes

I reallllllly didn't want to have to drive to the mall to go to the apple store!! Hopefully I won't have any problems!

I think you'll enjoy BLT, there are a lot good things about it! I would, if it were up to me, have your friend book BLT when the 11 month window opens up and then try for a place you might like better when the 7 month window opens, on that exact date, right at 9 am!

Our check in was ridiculous!!! But, I tired to remain nice and patient!!

Yay, an update! :thumbsup2 I can relate to the 'family being grouchy in the morning thing', only it's not my family, it's me. I try not to be TOO grouchy when I wake up but sometimes you just can't help it... but on Disney days I LEAP out of bed. :laughing:
Looks like your son was able to entertain himself on the flight! Too funny.
Oh good Lord, I think I would have gone completely crazy in the situation. Way to keep your cool! Can't wait to see how awesome the room is!

P.S. Thanks for the welcome! I'm still very new and everyone so far has been very friendly and lovely. My kind of people!

I'm usually more grouchy at the end of the day :lmao: My kiddos and DH are not at all morning people!!! DD is super crabby and so hard to wake up! But, on Disney day she's out of bed lickity split!!

Ryan is such a goofy ball! I told him to make a funny face and he went with it! :lmao:

I'm glad you're having a good Dis experience so far!!! A word of advice, if anyone is not welcome try to take it with a grain of salt. Dis is a pretty big community. Like any large group there is bound to be a few bad apple ;)

I love the photos of DS on the flight - he looks so excited to be going to Disney World!! :cool1:

Wow an hour and 15 minute wait! :eek: That is unheard of! After that wait I would be wanting the best room available! :lmao:

He's such a goofy :lmao:

The wait was ridiculous! I hope they were glad they got me and not some cranky jerk!!!

Oh good....I'm not too far behind on your TR.

I love the photos of your son on the plane -- he's obviously happy he's going to DW.

That is a horrible amount of time to get checked-in. We've never even visited the BLT, but I'm not a big fan of "contemporary" and the rooms just don't appeal to me. But the convenience factor, I am sure, is a huge plus.

Ryan is so silly!! He was definitely excited that's for sure!!

It was a crazy check-in. Something I care never to repeat!

I'm not big on contemporary or modern either, but the fact that we could walk to Mk was a huge plus!!! Especially after MNSSHP!!!

Wow, what a horrible check in. Glad it all got worked out and the points were the same.

Glad to know about the room request for lake view. That would be great!

We loved BLT this summer. It was so nice to be so close to the MK.

Can't wait to see what room you got.

WOW that is definitely one of the worst check in stories I have ever heard! I have never had issues like that before!!! Unreal!! I really hope that you did end up in a good room after all of that!!

I'm with Anita an you on this one! I really really enjoy BLT!!! I love the location, you just can't beat that!!

It was ridiculous!!!! Crazy too!! I'm just glad everything worked out!!!

From a location stand point BLT can't be beat! Especially for a family!!

What an agonizing check in! I hope your room location made up for it!

It was agonizing!! But, I'm glad everything worked out!!

Wow, what a horrible check in. Glad it all got worked out and the points were the same.

Glad to know about the room request for lake view. That would be great!

We loved BLT this summer. It was so nice to be so close to the MK.

Can't wait to see what room you got.

It was definitely horrible!

Definitely keep the room request in mind for future use! I swear she thought I nuts! But I learned that little piece of info from the BLT room/pic thread!!

I love the location of BLT! I want to love the resort, but I still don't feel it!

Give BLT another chance. Every time we stay there I love it more!

Anita has a point. This was our second stay and I like it more then the first time. I won't hesitate to stay there in the future should the opportunity arise!

I'm usually more grouchy at the end of the day :lmao: My kiddos and DH are not at all morning people!!! DD is super crabby and so hard to wake up! But, on Disney day she's out of bed lickity split!!

Ryan is such a goofy ball! I told him to make a funny face and he went with it! :lmao:

I'm glad you're having a good Dis experience so far!!! A word of advice, if anyone is not welcome try to take it with a grain of salt. Dis is a pretty big community. Like any large group there is bound to be a few bad apple ;)

Hahaha, I completely relate! Well he had me laughing! So cute. :)
I'm sure I'll experience the meanies at some point. So far I have been reading the intros of TRs and deciding if the person sounds nice, and going from there, and so far, everyone has been great. But I'll definitely keep what you said in mind! Thanks so much for the advice, I really appreciate it!

Hahaha, I completely relate! Well he had me laughing! So cute. :)
I'm sure I'll experience the meanies at some point. So far I have been reading the intros of TRs and deciding if the person sounds nice, and going from there, and so far, everyone has been great. But I'll definitely keep what you said in mind! Thanks so much for the advice, I really appreciate it!

:lmao: There will be more funny pics!!! Believe me!!! :lmao:

Good! No meanies allowed! I think that should be a theme or something!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter