Who am I? Lady GaGa or something? 2/8 A Little Trip Around the World, Sort of...

WOW! I'm overwhelmed with all the responses!!! I'm feeling the dis love!! :grouphug:

Here!! Can't wait to follow along. And soooooo jealous you will be back in 35 days!

Totally relate to the angst leaving a fur baby. I got daily reports from my folks who were watching my furry princess.

I think I know what baby was on your porch....

Woo hoo!!! I'm so excited about the December trip!! Especially because it's like winter outside already! :lmao:

I think the vets office got sick of MIL and I calling to check on Minnie, Pluto and their puppy Casey! LOL! Oh well!

I bet you're right about what was on the porch!! ;)

I'm here, Melissa; thanks for the heads up.

I'm sorry you had all that stress with the puppy before you left. We had a hard time leaving our puppy -- who will be 14 years old next month. She was diagnosed with cancer in May and there are days I just dread coming home because of what I might find. She was miserable while we were gone -- but only from sadness that we weren't there to spoil her.

Your pups are adorable, and I'm glad it was only a hot spot.

Can't wait to read more.

Oh Kat! I'm soooo sorry about your baby!!! :hug: I hate to see a sick animal! At least the kids can tell me what's wrong! The dogs can't!

I was happy it was only a hot spot too!! The vets office keeps reminding me that Bullies are high maintenance! :lmao: I knew that before we got her but holy cow!! She really is!!! We got her in August and I've already had to treat her for a tummy parasite from eating poop (gross I know, she ate poop from another animal a rabbit or something!) an ear infection and now the hot spot!

I'm here Melissa!!

I love my dog, but really hate all that drama that comes with him. It's so hard when they are sick, or ailing. (not to mention expensive!) I'm glad that Minnie got taken care of before you left, but how stressful!!! Your son is too cute- poor guy, all worried.

I know!!!! I hate to see them sick or hurt!! Minnie is WAY more take care of then Pluto!!! The vets office keeps reminding me that bullies are high maintenance!!

I felt so bad for Ryan!! The kids love the dogs so much!! He said goodbye to Pluto no big deal! He hated to leave Minnie though!!! And he didn't forget about it either ;)

I'm here too girl!! :goodvibes Oh poor Minnie :sad1: I hate to leave my dog too but he gets a lot of good care and loving from his grandparents when I am at work or away. Just had to take him this morning to the vet...he is okay now..just another little stomach scare :rolleyes:

Can't wait to hear about your trip!! I loved seeing you again and spending time with your family! They are too cute!! :hug:

Tracy

More poor puppy!! SIL did offer to check in on them. But, I thought seeing someone they know would make the stay at the kennel that much worse!

I hope Ziggy is ok!!! I think smaller dogs are more work then larger dogs! Pluto is good as long as you feed him, give him water, let him out, and give him love! We've only had to take him to the vet for something other then a check up once when he hurt his paw! Minnie is way more work!!

Poor Minnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Ryan too

I'm here :)

Gaga :rotfl:

Thanks!! It was interesting!!

Don't you see the resemblance between me and Lady GaGa :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Subbing! Have to come back to read ....

Welcome!!!! :cool1:

Oh my gosh, this made me :lmao::lmao::lmao:!

Poor you, poor Ryan, poor Minnie! I hope this was the end of the worries.

:lmao: I'm telling you!!! This guy is crazy!!! with a capital C!!!

It was an interesting day!!! That's for sure!!!

YAY a personalized bat signal I love it!!!!!!!

I also know what baby was waiting for you on your porch!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

:lmao: I think it was a Mickey signal ;)

You do know what it was :thumbsup2

So good that you kennel at the vet! That was a time saver, and peace of mind keeper.

It really was a great peace of mind!! I kept reminding myself that she was in the very best place to be taken care of!

Joining in! Poor Minnie, so glad the vet was able to put you at ease and take care of her while you kenneled her. Hope she's feeling better now!

Hmmm, what baby could have been waiting for you?

Welcome!!! I was happy that we kenneled them at the vet! It was much more reassuring! She's pretty much all better now!!

I'll give you a hint on the new baby! It's white!!
OH, poor Miss Minnie and poor Ryan!!! Girl, I can relate - I would have been just like you. Can't stand when my furry babies are hurt! Loving the start of your TR. Keep in coming!!

here but reading later tonight. can't wait!

At the mall, but I'm here!

You're rising from the mall?! I think you get an award or something!! Did you get anything good!?

I'm ready for more!!

Welcome :cool1:

Welcome :cool1:

Did I :laughing:get anything good?
Always....

Oh my goodness the puppy drama would have put me over the edge! My oldest son has a English Bulldog puppy and they can be quite the money pits! Anyway, they are so cute, it's hard to complain too much...

Subbing!

Poor Minnie! I had something similar happen to my furbaby, but it happened WHILE I was at WDW. I got a call from the kennel, and I have to tell you, when they called, my stomach dropped because I thought something had happened! Fortunately, it was the same thing, just a hot spot.

Poor baby puppy! Hope you packed the Excedrin Migraine. Looks like you might need it for this trip!

Here! Can't wait to hear the Lady Gaga story. :lmao:

Poor Minnie! I would have been freaking out, too -- our dogs are full-blown members of our family. Too funny about the crazy vet who would sniff rear ends if he could. :laughing:

Did I :laughing:get anything good?
Always....

Oh my goodness the puppy drama would have put me over the edge! My oldest son has a English Bulldog puppy and they can be quite the money pits! Anyway, they are so cute, it's hard to complain too much...

:lmao: You sound like me! Luckily for me (and my wallet) the nearest mall is 45 minutes away!

THe puppy drama was very stressful!!!! She is quite a money pit and she's on'y 5 months old! :roll eyes: But, you're right!! She's so darn cute and sweet I just grin and bear it!

Subbing!

Poor Minnie! I had something similar happen to my furbaby, but it happened WHILE I was at WDW. I got a call from the kennel, and I have to tell you, when they called, my stomach dropped because I thought something had happened! Fortunately, it was the same thing, just a hot spot.

OMG! I would have died if something happened while we were gone!!! :guilty:

Poor baby puppy! Hope you packed the Excedrin Migraine. Looks like you might need it for this trip!

:lmao: Remember us talking about the emergency Xanax? Yeah, this was one of those situations ;)

coming along for the ride

Welcome!!!

Here! Can't wait to hear the Lady Gaga story. :lmao:

Poor Minnie! I would have been freaking out, too -- our dogs are full-blown members of our family. Too funny about the crazy vet who would sniff rear ends if he could. :laughing:

:lmao: you won't have to wait to long! I promise!!

My puppies are like 2 more kids!! I hate to see them hurting or sick!! I thought I was going to cry!!!

That vet is one crazy, crazy dude!!! :upsidedow

Subbing!
Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :banana:

Welcome!!

I'm a little late but here! :goodvibes

Oh no on finding blood on Minnie - am glad the people at the vets office managed to reassure you.

Looking forward to seeing what the baby was on your return.

So, back home after the vet I was soooo excited to see my new little baby on the front porch!

What was it?

Queue angels singing!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This little baby!!!

In all of it’s beautiful whiteness!

I’ll admit, I’m a bit of an apple geek! When I got an email from AT&T that I was eligible to upgrade I wasn’t going to argue!! Nope! The fact that it would arrive the day before we left was a plus! Not to mention, it meant DH could have my old 4! He’s been drooling over it for awhile ;)

So I quick take it inside and careful open the box!

As any good apple geek would do, I immediately started setting it up. I went through the stuff that needs to be done. Choice a language, a country, blah, blah, blah, a few other nonsense things and it should be wham, bam thank you! All done, thank you for shopping with Apple and being a valued AT&T costumer please enjoy your shiny new iphone 4s! Right?!

NOT!!

Something goes wrong!

Son of a &(%@#!!

“You’re set up could not be completed at this time, please try again later”

Again, Son of a &(%@#!!

I found myself thinking, “Listen, phone! I can’t wait until later!! I’ve got stuff to do! I’m leaving for Disney at 5 am!! Vacation is TOMORROW!”

So, I decide that perhaps it was a user defective error kind of deal. I try again!

“You’re set up could not be completed at this time, please try again later”

Really phone?! Now your just messing with me!!

I try to remain calm!

I attend to Ryan’s needs, novel idea for a mom ;) and get him all set for a snack and a little short TV time.

Then I call AT&T! I’m on hold for a good long time and so I decide to bust out the laptop and search online for info. As it turns out AT&T’s system is completely overloaded with every apple geek in the world trying to activate their 4s all at the same time! FABULOUS!!! All the geeks need to get out of MY way! I need this dang phone to WORK!

So, I decide to play dumb when the customer service lady answers my call! We go through all this ridiculous garbage that isn’t going to help including taking the sim cards out of both my old phone and new phone and giving her the numbers! OK! Well, at least learned how to take the sim card out of an iphone! I didn’t know you could! Did a few more pointless things, chatted a little bit (she was super nice) and then she told me “well, the system is backed up and your in the queue to be activated you just have to wait until it’s your turn now!”

Really?!

Are you sure?!

Cause I really want to cut the line!!! Normally I would wait my turn! I may pout a little, but I would wait!

Given the fact that I was like 15 hours away leaving on vacation I really want to cut the line!!! Just cancel a few million activations and let me go first!!!

No! Booo! :snooty:

Ack!

So, I safely put the baby down for a little nap on the shelf and decide now, at like 3 in the afternoon, I should finally start getting the last minute stuff done!

Luckily, I was mostly packed! I just needed to throw a few more things in and wait for the stuff that needed to go in the morning!

A little cleaning, a few odds and ends. Got the big kiddos off the school bus and it was time to relax!

All the while the new baby was resting on the shelf!

We had our normal Friday night dinner of pizza and laughed and giggled excitedly about the week to come.

After dinner, still nervous about what when my phone would actually be activated and if I would have a phone the first day of our trip, I went over to the shelf and picked that baby up!!

Low,

And

Behold

(queue angels singing again, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

It working!!! Thank you iphone gods!!

Very relieved and thankful, I changed a few settings and hooked her up to my computer to begin transfer my stuff!

It didn’t take nearly as long as I thought it would! I have A LOT of songs and apps, etc.

With that done and the kiddos showered and pj’d it was time for bed nice and early!!

Tomorrow would be an early morning!!

I had a little trouble setting up my white baby too :rolleyes1 Thankfully it was waiting for me when I got back from Florida as you saw what I did to my 3GS :laughing: all I had to do was hook it up to iTunes....and I think because mine wasn't on opening day it was a little quicker :thumbsup2 From one apple geek to another this is definitely the best one yet!!! I am in :lovestruc with Siri!!! She is so helpful :rotfl2:

Tracy

Just got myself that little white baby yesterday. :goodvibes

Love it! I would have been freaking out if that happened to me! I am often amazed, because you would think that these big bad corporations would be more prepared for launches like that. Come on, the past how many launches with Apple haven't proven their popularity?

I totally understand your love of Apple! I'm certainly partial to my Mac laptop, Ipad and my Iphone. I think I'll be keeping my 4 for a while though...
It was fun skyping my class with the Ipad from the MK even though every couple of minutes I got cut off and had to call them back!:laughing:

I'm very jealous...love your phone! I'm going to have to upgrade in the near future to one of those fancy phones!!!!!!

Glad you got it working before you had to leave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter